• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted : The Lost Legacy - Launch Trailer

silva1991

From what I read, people said it is not as good as Uncharted 4 with less action packed, more puzzle oriented. But what I fear the most is the lack of jokes and funny quotes in this episode which was confirmed, seeing the serious tone this game took.
I expected that tbh. It is said that there are some jokes but nowhere the new duo is as funny as the Nate/Sully/Sam team.
Looking forward to see another episode where you play Sully or Sam (Sully mostly).

This is sad. The banter between Nate and Chloe was amazing in Uncharted 2 :/

Hated the lack of humor in UC4.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Are there more puzzles than usual in The Lost Legacy? Because the puzzles are secretly the best part of Uncharted.

Definitely more than you'd expect. And none of them are of the 'find the matching symbol' variety, automatic plus.

I've just finished my Crushing replay and I can say this has my favorite finale of all the games. How it flows into each segment is just fantastic.

When it cuts to the killer credits song I just want to start over again. I love this game

I've just finished my Crushing replay and I can say this has my favorite finale of all the games. How it flows into each segment is just fantastic.
That's good to hear. While I liked the emotional impact of 4, it and 3 really faltered in their finales IMO. Is it lengthy?

first trailer that really got me pumped up for the game.

just a fun fact: dunno if naughty dog, sony & the team are aware but the game is releasing right on the festival of ganesha chaturthi, a festival celebrated among the hindu community all over the world as lord ganesha's birthday.

ganesha is always worshipped before starting something new as he's referred to as the god of removing obstacles, new beginnings, luck etc, so i dont think the new leads (shaun & kurt) could've asked for a better start to their careers as game directors.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That's good to hear. While I liked the emotional impact of 4, it and 3 really faltered in their finales IMO. Is it lengthy?

It's a bit longer than I thought. But at this point I don't want to give away too much.

just a fun fact: dunno if naughty dog, sony & the team are aware but the game is releasing right on the festival of ganesha chaturthi, a festival celebrated among the hindu community all over the world as lord ganesha's birthday.

ganesha is always worshipped before starting something new as he's referred to as the god of removing obstacles, new beginnings, luck etc, so i dont think the new leads (shaun & kurt) could've asked for a better start to their careers as game directors.

I'm thinking they may be aware, seeing as the game is full of trivia about those hindu gods, it's front and center and a major part of the story. It actually made me really interested in the mythology. It's also what makes this game feel special imo. I hope others love it as much as I do.

f@luS

More than a member.

I don't like Ganesha
My friend always bring his little statue of him when we play poker
I always lose (...)

Neith

Banned
I'm totally okay if the tone is more serious. I expected as much. I don't want this turning into a hokey girls with guns game. I like these characters.

I've been playing for a while now and in general it is imo indeed prettier than Uncharted 4. Not because the graphics engine is vastly improved (it's the exact same engine and I think only with The Last of Us 2 will we see a real jump), but because with the same tech as UC4 the vistas are artistically even more beautiful. They are more inspired, more impressive, also in size and at the same time more detailed.

Nice!

Definitely more than you'd expect. And none of them are of the 'find the matching symbol' variety, automatic plus.

When it cuts to the killer credits song I just want to start over again. I love this game
Hyped.

The Dark Shape

Neo Member
I just finished and would give the game a very solid 9/10. Chloe and Nadine are great together, the villain's nicely hateable, and I think it has my favorite final action sequence in the whole series.

As for how I'd rank the games:

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (10/10)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (10/10)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (9/10)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (9/10)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (8.5/10)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (7.5/10)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit I just noticed that they even give you the preorder bonuses on EU PSN with the season pass, meaning a dynamic theme and freaking Jak & Daxter. And I bought the SP for 5€. Best deal ever.

Don't forget to preorder, season pass owners!

JayB1920

Does anyone know if there are any large environmental puzzle/platforming sections like the clock tower in U4 or the ice temple in U2?

I just finished and would give the game a very solid 9/10. Chloe and Nadine are great together, the villain's nicely hateable, and I think it has my favorite final action sequence in the whole series.

As for how I'd rank the games:

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (10/10)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (10/10)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (9/10)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (9/10)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (8.5/10)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (7.5/10)
Glad to hear the ending is done well by another person.

Sorry if I missed it already, but did you feel Uncharted 4 was fully replayable? What about Uncharted 2?

And did you feel that same desire to start 4 and/or 2 immediately upon completion of each too?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Sorry if I missed it already, but did you feel Uncharted 4 was fully replayable? What about Uncharted 2?

And did you feel that same desire to start 4 and/or 2 immediately upon completion of each too?

Think I said this in the review thread: I didn't feel like replaying U4 after I finished (and I never did), while I restarted TLL immediately (like I did with the original trilogy). I feel like this game rights a lot of the wrongs in U4, my least favorite game in the series. In contrast, I feel like TLL is one of the best.

Does anyone know if there are any large environmental puzzle/platforming sections like the clock tower in U4 or the ice temple in U2?

Going to spoil this to be sure:
yes there are

UrbanRats

I've heard there are a good amount of puzzles in this and that they're pretty good for the series

The real question should be: Does Chloe tells you how to solve the puzzle before you even have time to look at all the pieces, like Nathan does? (god i hate that shit)

Top Bottom