• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Review Thread

Does anyone know if Jak will be of the PS3 versions quality (remaster) or a PS2 port like the other PS classics on the store?

Edit: Back on topic, can't wait for lost legacy

VanWinkle

Does anyone know if Jak will be of the PS3 versions quality (remaster) or a PS2 port like the other PS classics on the store?

Edit: Back on topic, can't wait for lost legacy

I'm pretty certain it's a PS2 port. Which would be preferable, since the PS3 version cropped the image.

Axecident

Banned
Platinumed every Uncharted game and this for me is the best one. Not sure why the reviews are lower than other entries. It's pretty much superior in every aspect

Patrick S.

Banned
Platinumed every Uncharted game and this for me is the best one. Not sure why the reviews are lower than other entries. It's pretty much superior in every aspect

I blame ResetERA.

Jokes aside, I guess many people felt it was just more of the same, and people had that meme of "Drake is a mass murderer!" going on at full speed.

Whitecrow

Banned
That's some great necromancy here, but I'll get some benefit out of it and speak a little about the game..

The best of the series? May be not, I'm not sure, but one fact is that I'm finding myself constantly replaying it, unlike the others.

I see Lost Legacy like the perfect mix between Uncharted and Tomb Raider, and I would even say that is better Tomb Raider than any of the recent trilogy.

I see Chloe as a lot more likeable character than the reboot Lara, in the sense than she knows where she has put herself in, and seems mentally prepared, and it's not a constant drama about what she should or not should do.
One thing I find that makes LL better than TR is that Chloe and Nadine actually enjoys the adventure and have just as great moments as bad moments. In TR everything is always negative, and it makes difficult to me to keep playing.

Her interactions with Nadine are pretty great too. They have some drama too, but at least it's enough on the background so you can focus on the adventure, the story, and it's increible enviroments.
Uncharted 4 may suffer from Nathan fatigue, I dont know, but Chloe & Nadine seemed to me a more enjoyable couple than Drake & Sully, which is almost one gag after another, with almost no substance on their conversations.
With Sam is mor eor less the same.

Lost Legacy may be short, but its more intense and focussed, and it's a constant WOW on each location you visit. I think that artistically Naughty Dog gave everything they had, and it shows off.

And the end, is just the best Uncharted ending scenes ever, and it's incredibly well made. The game does a lot of things pretty well, and I'll put it above Uncharted 4, which in my opinion, so much narrative over Nathan feelings made more difficult to enjoy the adventure.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Thanks for the bump, I missed this when it came out as I had just played Uncharted 4 and Tomb Raider and was a bit burned out with the formula. Good to know this was actually a solid entry, I'll either pick it up on a sale or if it becomes a PS Plus game. Cinematics and big set pieces were always the main attraction of Uncharted to me.

Lunk

I like its focus but I can never adjust to a post-Amy-Hennig Uncharted. She may resort to contrivances and weird plotting but her character writing and banter is 100 times better than Neil Druckmann or that Scherr dude. Their writing comes off more like an average TV-show kind of dialogue where half the time you can tell they almost aren't sure what to write for the character interactions. It's just kind of low-energy and cliched.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Mmmm, I should replay this sometime soon. The gyro aim-assistance was glorious.

The pace and the focus on treasure-hunting (including replaying levels to find hidden pieces of the puzzles) felt much closer to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune than any of the other games in the franchise.

I second the statement that Cloe is a much more likable person for Tomb Raiding.. the new Lara Croft i can't stand her... but Cloe just shows confident and knows what she is doing with expertise ... its the kind of story you want to read or experience.. Could you imagine Half-life would be popular if Gordon just started crying/screaming every 10 minuts you walked a step... no... well either could i. it would be painful. there were nothing of that in Uncharted lost legacy as well as some very nicely designed puzzle mechanics.. well visually realised... sadly... they were very easy to solve... but thats AAA gaming for you... looks good but is so easy it makes you fall asleep.
Also personally i never asked to get into Indiana jones family drama in uncharted 4. i was hoping that they introduced ghost pirates in the end.. to make up for all those boring parts... that couldn't be more uninteresting even if they put in some fart jokes... which they didn't

Last edited:

Axecident

Banned
Just finished the game and really did enjoy it. If you ever play a Naughty Dog game and are impressed by the technical aspects just realize it's all smoke and mirrors.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just finished the game and really did enjoy it. If you ever play a Naughty Dog game and are impressed by the technical aspects just realize it's all smoke and mirrors.

All games are smoke and mirrors. The only thing that matters is how convincing the illusion is.

Top Bottom