• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncovered FFXV Event page source hints at PC (maybe boilerplate code) [Up: Removed]

legacyzero

Banned
I kinda assumed this. If they're breaking their necks to get even FFIX to PC, when it never even originally came to the platform, I'd say they're going all in at this point.

pablito

I was trying to coast on my dinosaur PC until Cyberpunk 2077 came out. If this comes out closeish to the console release, this will make me upgrade.

Lingitiz

It's never been a matter of if, but when. Hopefully not too far out since I'd rather play a version with a solid framerate. I know it was an early demo and all but Duscae was rough.

Would not be surprised at all if they pull a MGS5 thing and announce a steam release closer to launch, with release only a week or two after the console versions.

DeSolos

giphy.gif

GrayChild

I never doubted that sooner or later, FFXV will come to PC. Moreso they are already making all their gameplay demos on PC which I think is a first for the series. This also gives me hope for a good port.

I never doubted that sooner or later, FFXV will come to PC. Moreso they are already making all their gameplay demos on PC which I think is a first for the series. This also gives me hope for a good port.

I think this is really likely considering how well MGSV did on PC

kswiston

There is next to no chance that Final Fantasy XV will skip PC, given their push on Steam.

I still think that S-E will foolishly release this 6-12 months late though, giving up full MSRP sales momentum in the hope of snagging double dip copies that would have come in subsequent years anyhow.

Good! Im not shocked square wants to get this out on as many systems as possible, they need to recoup some of the monumental cost of making this game for 10 years

Percy

Banned
I can't think of a good reason to believe it won't release on PC tbh, so I've always been working on the assumption that it's a question of 'when' and not 'if' it ends up on there.

tuxfool

Banned
There is next to no chance that Final Fantasy XV will skip PC, given their push on Steam.

I still think that S-E will foolishly release this 6-12 months late though, giving up full MSRP sales momentum in the hope of snagging double dip copies that would have come in subsequent years anyhow.

Yeah. I'm somewhat curious if the revenue generated by double dippers really compensates the revenue generated by selling at full price on PC.

jax

Banned
I will throw away my PS4 if FFXV launches at the same time on PC. FFXV was the literal only reason to keep it around.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah. I'm somewhat curious if the revenue generated by double dippers really compensates the revenue generated by selling at full price on PC.

Yeah, I have the same thought. I feel like it'd be better to get it out around the console release window, and have it sell at full price + have it going off of the advertising momentum. Who knows.

Uncharted, The Last Guardian and Horizon aren't?

Not everyone has the same taste.

I've always stuck with Playstation when it comes to FF post FF6, but honestly with the support they're giving to the PC platform and the idea of playing the newer games with better frame rates and such, I may be switching gears before too long.

UrbanRats

If there was one game in desperate need of a PC version, it was this.
iq and framerate look like they're going to be a big hurdle, not to mention lod, from the latest screens.

Foffy

Banned
If it's coming to PC, I'll be waiting for that. Even if it takes as long as this game has been in development. :3c

KoopaTheCasual

Didn't seem all that foolish when GTAV cashed in using this method.

Koutsoubas

We canot compare the 54 million copies of GTA V with the 0.8 million copies of the last Final Fantasy!

Their previous release does not guarantee anything. GTA V on PC was an imminent success whenever it landed.

kswiston

I'm pretty sure that GTA V on PC is the lowest selling version of the game. Even there, the delay likely had an impact on Sales. They were just starting with a much bigger base than Final Fantasy will be starting with.

If true, good for pc users.
Bad for me, cause I dislike to see goofy mods ruin an IP image, it's strange I know..
..but it kinda kills it for me, I know one day I will be looking for Final Fantasy combo exhibition videos or whatever and I will come across noctis iron man 2.0 mod and flying around everywhere in the duscae region dropping behemoths by pressing F2.

I hate, hate, hate, mods!

Whompa02

Square do it...

imagine if somebody could make a co-op mod

Long $$$$$

Oooo stop with my emotions. That would be pretty dope. Screw artistic integrity, I would so play a fun 4 player road trip brawler rpg, thing...the AI would get weird tho, especially in stealth sections.

kswiston

receipts.gif

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-03-gta-5-has-sold-45m-units-to-retailers

GTA was at 45M shipped by the end of 2014. That source states that the current gen re-release was close to 10M at the time.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-ships-54-million-copies-as-take-two-revenue-/1100-6429631/

GTA 5 was sitting at 54M as of the end of last June. PC sales on Steam at the time were below 3M I believe. Say 4M PC to account for non-Steam copies. That leaves another 5M for PS4/XB1 (minus a little bit for last gen, which only moved ~1M copies in the last 6 months of 2014), plus whatever the game has sold since then.

I guess it is possible that the XB1 version is lower, but it would have to be sitting at around half the sales of the PS4 version (maybe even less than half) to be under PC sales.

Parsnip

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-03-gta-5-has-sold-45m-units-to-retailers

GTA was at 45M shipped by the end of 2014. That source states that the current gen re-release was close to 10M at the time.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-ships-54-million-copies-as-take-two-revenue-/1100-6429631/

GTA 5 was sitting at 54M as of the end of last June. PC sales on Steam at the time were below 3M I believe. Say 4M PC to account for non-Steam copies. That leaves another 5M for PS4/XB1, plus whatever the game has sold since then.

I guess it is possible that the XB1 version is lower, but it would have to be sitting at around half the sales of the PS4 version (maybe even less than half) to be under PC sales.
Considering Rockstar Social Club codes were sold in every other store, I'd guess that the amount of non-Steam copies would be larger.

Even still, it's just a guess.

Even the Steam copies alone would worth the price of the port. As said, not including copies sold on other sites downloading from RSSC. Was def worth the time, effort and money to port it over.

do we have some number how well the last Final Fantasy Game did on steam?

Final Fantasy Type 0 ?
Final Fantasy 7?

I only know that XIII sold over 300K

Top Bottom