• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Scott Adkins) Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Looks like a lot of fun.

QSpKp.jpg

Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins, Andrei “The Pit Bull” Arlovski and Dolph Lundgren star in UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING, which ups the ante in the UNIVERSAL SOLDIER series, giving you more hard-hitting, bloody, no-holds-barred fighting action.

John (Adkins, The Expendables 2) wakes up from a coma to discover his wife and daughter were slaughtered in a brutal home invasion Haunted by images of the attack, he vows to kill the man responsible, Luc Deveraux (Van Damme). While John tries to piece his reality back together, things get more complicated when he is pursued by a relentless UniSol (Arlovski). As John gets closer to Deveraux and the rouge army of genetically enhanced warriors led by back-from-the-dead leader Andrew Scott (Lundgren), John discovers more about himself and begins to call into question everything he believed to be true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frfr-0bsfsQ

knkng

It's playing at the Toronto After Dark festival later in October, incase anybody is in or around the city at that time.

SJRB

Gold Member
Bald JcvD looks badass as hell, he looks AWESOME.

Lundgren looks amazing too by the way.

Van Damme as a villain. Dolph chewing some scenery. Scott Adkins kicking some ass. The Pitbull back. Yeah, sign me up for this.

Tom_Cody

WTF. This has strait-to-dvd production values written all over it. And not even high level strait-to-dvd. Shouldn't they have been able to gather a bit more money based on the buzz of the Expendables franchise?

WTF. This has strait-to-dvd production values written all over it. And not even high level strait-to-dvd. Shouldn't they have been able to gather a bit more money based on the buzz of the Expendables franchise?

Have you seen UniSol3? Watch it. Good stuff.

So is this supposed to be in some form of continuity or they just starting over? Lundgren has been killed twice, and now leading an army of Unisols with Van Damme in the unit? Sounds like they aren't even bothering anymore.

Munin

That trailer makes it look like some arthouse film

It is apparently pretty artsy, yes. Just like it's predecessor, Regeneration, which was fantastic. Here's a positive review from Indiewire:

Fast and Furious 'Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning' Is One of the Best Action Movies of the Year

Another positive one from Twitch:

As if Hyams had not taken enough ballsy liberties with the property already, the final half-hour of the film goes headlong into - of all things - Apocalypse Now territory, with Deveraux emerging as a mysterious, almost God-like Kurtz figure, who exists right at the end of John's journey down the river to confront his very own heart of darkness. To essentially have Jean Claude Van Damme usurp Marlon Brando, complete with bald head and face paint, seems too ridiculous to conceive, let alone voluntarily employ in a Universal Soldier movie - but in this increasingly deranged universe it somehow holds together.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks amazing, despite the seizures people will get from that red band trailer.

Looks so goddamn dark. I'm all in.

Munin

Quietly John Hyams is putting together a nice little resume, while getting some great experience.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was drafted for an A-list Hollywood movie sooner or later. Regeneration was amazingly well directed, though I suppose his dad lent a hand here or there.

pants

Expendables, sure I'll give you guys that it's a great celebration of times past. This? Nah son.

black_13

Banned
Honestly Regeneration was great. I'm not even a fan of these direct to dvd releases but it had real good gritty action.

The trailer for this looks pretty different in a good way. I'll check it out. Van Dam pulls off the crazy bald look well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom