• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Scott Adkins) Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie is decent. There are a couple really brutal sequences, the 3D is okay.

Dolph has a great entrance, JCVD looks creepy in the final battle.

Definitely skews more sci-fi/horror this time.

Dolph's death is AWESOME.

AlexBasch

As long they keep the "execution by head fist smashing" I'm still with this.

I found it funny that people disliked the background music because it was made with synths and whatnot, I liked it a lot. :p

BTW, I read that Regeneration is a reboot, not a sequel of the first one or a spinoff, this one follows up Regen?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Universal Soldier: Heart Of Darkness

Carbonox

So I watched this film and uh...WTF is all I can say. It's weird as fuck. I don't get Van Damme's character -
why he's a good guy/hero in the previous films and is now some crazed cult leader looking to usurp the government? And how does Lundgren's character fit in all this?

I feel like it completely ignores and separates itself from the 'canon', in order to establish itself as something new and completely different/weird. It succeeds but I'm not sure if I'd class this as an enjoyable film, though some of the scenes were awesome (such as the previously mentioned sports store fight scene). Brutal.

Then again, I loved the first and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Regeneration is class as well.

just saw

WTF when did universal soldier series become so freaky and awesome. The fight scenes and atmosphere was awesome.

I need to check out regeneration because its the same director i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom