• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder if they will go full retard like GRRM and end with the cliffhanger of Jon's death.

I think they might end with his resurrection or warging into Ghost. Be silly to try and end on that cliffhanger when there's no way they could keep Kit Harington still being on the show a secret during S6 filming.

Isn't it harder to pull off with TV though. Everyone will know if Kitt Harrington is back for S6, whereas all Martin has to do is not release any TWOW Wall chapters and we have no idea what he's doing.

lol The show is going to spoil both next season and the books a couple months after this season ends.

cj_iwakura

I think they might end with his resurrection or warging into Ghost. Be silly to try and end on that cliffhanger when there's no way they could keep Kit Harington still being on the show a secret during S6 filming.

I can't believe they're seriously not doing Stoneheart. Just... what?

jett

D-Member
Anything else would be a complete letdown.

I think it would be a disaster. When I read the book I thought it was just facetious. A combination of hilarious and ridiculous, seemed solely done for shock's sake.

That's what I expect. Maybe he dies in episode 9.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Haven't really been keeping up with the casting decisions and such, so just finding out that Tyene is not blonde has gotten me pretty irritated. Like, the fuck man? :/

Isn't it harder to pull off with TV though. Everyone will know if Kitt Harrington is back for S6, whereas all Martin has to do is not release any TWOW Wall chapters and we have no idea what he's doing.

Well that would be just like the book then, because no one believes Jon will stay dead.

Speevy

Banned
Let's pick 5-10 "definitely dead by season 5, episode 10" list.

1) Ramsay
2) Mance
3) Jorah
4) Aemon Targaryen
5) Grey Worm
6) Davos Seaworth
7) Tommen
8) Robin Arryn
9) Jon Snow
10) Shireen Baratheon

I think it would be a disaster. When I read the book I thought it was just facetious. A combination of hilarious and ridiculous, seemed solely done for shock's sake.

In my dream scenario he dies and stays dead. I know this won't happen.

jett

D-Member
Jon dies and the whitewalkers replace him with a better actor.

KXaLnlh.gif

Chuckie

Also, PhoenixDark as volunteered to be linked in the non-book reader OT as someone that can answer questions via PM.

If anyone else would like to volunteer, let me know (we only need a few people).

If you need one more, you have my sword.

Great OT!

Doesn't this season have a tagline / promotional posters by the way? Last season they had the whole Valar Morghulis thing right?

obara sand looks fine. the other two though i agree they're not really what I imagined.

team stannis for life. fuck jon snow, stay dead brah. it will save us from more kit harington scenes in the next season. get captain flint from black sails for euron.

Pluto

Trystane has chest hair? I approve, I'm sick of every man under 25 being shown with a smooth chest. I had hair crawling out of my shirt when I was sixteen.

He looks a lot older than I imagined though, I expected him to be aged up but it's still wird seeing hime like that.

I wonder if they cut Euron. Wouldn't be surprised if Victarion is gone, but that would suck. As of Season 4 the Iron Islanders are a complete joke. Especially when it comes to dogs.

They both seem to be gone. Dorne will have to suffice for the show's edginess quota.
There's so much untapped material that it really worries me where they're going. Maybe they'll be coming next season. Season 5 to focus on Dorne and 6 for everything else.

Or, ya know, Euron is already in the show daario etc

There's so much untapped material that it really worries me where they're going. Maybe they'll be coming next season. Season 5 to focus on Dorne and 6 for everything else.

Or, ya know, Euron is already in the show daario etc

They can't adapt everything, and the Iron Islands are just the obvious place to make cuts. I doubt they'll come next season, it wouldn't make much sense to do it then when they will closing in on the final stretches to finishing the series.

CassSept

Well, that's the last time we have an idea where the show might be heading? I just hope Benioff and Weiss know what they are doing.

Zolo

They can't adapt everything, and the Iron Islands are just the obvious place to make cuts. I doubt they'll come next season, it wouldn't make much sense to do it then when they will closing in on the final stretches to finishing the series.

I still wonder when we're ever going to get back to Balon, or if we'll just never hear about him even after the show ends.

ryseing

I wonder if they cut Euron. Wouldn't be surprised if Victarion is gone, but that would suck. As of Season 4 the Iron Islanders are a complete joke. Especially when it comes to dogs.

Apparently HBO told D&D Dorne or Iron Islands.

Dorne's the easy choice.

Though it does make you wonder WTF was with Asha's brief storyline last season.

KingK

I haven't been following this season's development because i don't think I'm watching the show anymore (at least not until maybe renting the blurays). They're starting to change too many big things for me. While I don't have a problem with adaptations doing their own thing in general, and think major changes are necessary to successfully adapt the book series, I've found most major changes and added scenes to be dog shit on the show and I'm assuming we'll be getting more of that original content as it deviates further from the book.

But I am curious as to what the word is on spoilers beyond book five for this season. Are there going to be major spoilers like significant character deaths, or just a couple minor things like what we got last season? Do we have any idea what to expect in this regard? Should i be avoiding discussion of the show with co-workers if i don't want to spoil major book 6 events?

Apparently HBO told D&D Dorne or Iron Islands.

Dorne's the easy choice.

Though it does make you wonder WTF was with Asha's brief storyline last season.
A reminder to audiences that the Iron Islanders still exist.

Maybe season 6 will be mostly about the Greyjoys, and with little plot advancements on other fronts, buying George more time. *wishful thinking*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom