• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, they're fitting all of AFFC and ADWD in a single season?

They've done a lot of AFFC/ADWD material last season. They've wrapped up all of Bran and Sansa, and most of Brienne, Daenerys and Theon. Parts of Jon, as well. Only the Lannisters and Arya are at their late ASOS/early AFFC stages.

They've done a lot of AFFC/ADWD material last season. They've wrapped up all of Bran and Sansa, and most of Brienne, Daenerys and Theon. Parts of Jon, as well. Only the Lannisters and Arya are at their late ASOS/early AFFC stages.
Oh yeah, you're right, I hadn't thought of it that way.

NeoGiff

Gods damn it, I was asleep when the thread went up.

Let's spice things up a bit, shall we?

C9NiRFQ.gif

Great OT, Steely!

Also, PhoenixDark as volunteered to be linked in the non-book reader OT as someone that can answer questions via PM.

If anyone else would like to volunteer, let me know (we only need a few people).

If there are still people needed, I'd be happy to do it.

NeoGiff

I haven't been following this season's development because i don't think I'm watching the show anymore (at least not until maybe renting the blurays). They're starting to change too many big things for me. While I don't have a problem with adaptations doing their own thing in general, and think major changes are necessary to successfully adapt the book series, I've found most major changes and added scenes to be dog shit on the show and I'm assuming we'll be getting more of that original content as it deviates further from the book.

But I am curious as to what the word is on spoilers beyond book five for this season. Are there going to be major spoilers like significant character deaths, or just a couple minor things like what we got last season? Do we have any idea what to expect in this regard? Should i be avoiding discussion of the show with co-workers if i don't want to spoil major book 6 events?

Just saw this.

There is definitely death of a character this season
who has chapters in the books and hasn't died yet in them
. The actor was quite upset with D&D upon learning this, as he/she had read the books and was very excited about where his/her storyline would go. The leaked episode summaries going around are correct on who it is.

There have been major changes to both Jaime's and Sansa's arcs. I wouldn't worry about anything being spoiled on Jaime's side, but what's happening with Sansa is a different story. While her main arc is completely different than the rest of her material in Feast and Dance (and the recent Winds chapter), who knows if what happens this season is going to happen in some shape or form further down the line in the books?

The only other major change is towards the end of Jon's storyline this season, which, to be honest, if you don't like... YOU'RE WRONG!

Otherwise there'll be the usual streamlining of events (Tyrion, Dorne) and minor changes, along with no Iron Islands or Bran.

NeoGiff

Can you point me towards those, please?

I can't, it was outlawed by the Lord of Light
Cornballer
in the last thread.

Even if I could, I probably wouldn't anyway on principle. The person(s) who spoiled the episodes broke screener privilege.

gutshot

So hyped for Sunday. I know fuck all about this season, which is like the complete opposite of every other season this show has been on-air so I'm pretty excited to experience this show like the average fan!

NeoGiff

So hyped for Sunday. I know fuck all about this season, which is like the complete opposite of every other season this show has been on-air so I'm pretty excited to experience this show like the average fan!

Wow, didn't recognise you with the hood up!

Enjoy it! I may make the same decision for Season 6 - that should be amazing to go into blind.

Dawg

There is definitely death of a character this season
who has chapters in the books and hasn't died yet in them
. The actor was quite upset with D&D upon learning this, as he/she had read the books and was very excited about where his/her storyline would go. The leaked episode summaries going around are correct on who it is.

holy shit

wat

NeoGiff

I can't wait for this season to spawn the gif of gifs, the One True Gif that will reign supreme over GAF for years to come.

stannisnod.gif

RaidenZR

Nice OT. Thanks Steely (and anyone else that helped). Soooo ready for a season of Thrones action!

On an related note, anyone been able to find the new Ommegang beer? It's supposed to be out in bottles and on tap by now. Haven't peeped it in my area yet and wondering how it is.

Firebrand

So how do these "unmarked spoiler" threads usually work, do they include spoilers for TWoW etc (including preview chapters), or just the books that have been released?

I've been trying my best to keep up with all of the show news and updates, but find myself falling short.

I'm aware that D&D did a recent interview where they confirmed in a general sense that, yes, eventually the show will spoil the books. No surprise. That said, I'm not familiar with any of the specific information people seem to have on when these spoilers start. Both on GAF and other publications, I keep seeing people allude to Winds of Winter being spoiled in Season 5. Is this confirmed?

I won't lie, part of me really hopes Season 5 sticks to wrapping up everything from AFFC and ADWD...

It's weird, I obviously am so happy to have to show back, I'm just not overly excited for the first episode :/

From all the early reviews, it seems that the first episode is awesome (and the episodes get progressively better after that), so I'm sure it will be great!

Game of Thrones is, by far, the best show I have ever seen, so I am so happy it's back :)

Kain

Just glanced the op and Tyene is not blonde, why is Tyene not blonde, D&D? Obara is flawless though.

Just glanced the op and Tyene is not blonde, why is Tyene not blonde, D&D? Obara is flawless though.

Haha, why does the hair colour even matter?

Also, if that is your complaint so far, brace yourself, because, from going by the reviews, there are far bigger changes to come. Hope you enjoy the season though :)

Kain

Haha, why does the hair colour even matter?

Also, if that is your complaint so far, brace yourself, because, from going by the reviews, there are far bigger changes to come. Hope you enjoy the season though :)

Because reasons I guess xD

I've made me peace with all the big changes, it's the little stuff that's bothering me lately.

Iksenpets

Banned
I've been trying my best to keep up with all of the show news and updates, but find myself falling short.

I'm aware that D&D did a recent interview where they confirmed in a general sense that, yes, eventually the show will spoil the books. No surprise. That said, I'm not familiar with any of the specific information people seem to have on when these spoilers start. Both on GAF and other publications, I keep seeing people allude to Winds of Winter being spoiled in Season 5. Is this confirmed?

I won't lie, part of me really hopes Season 5 sticks to wrapping up everything from AFFC and ADWD...

They've said this season is "mostly" spoiler free. We know that Arya has some Winds content from her Winds preview chapter, and at least one character who's not dead yet in the books is dying this season, because they're cutting all of his/her future content. I don't think they would've said mostly spoiler free if they were going to do anything too crazy in terms of killing off major characters or revealing twists, but there's really no way to be sure until we're in those last few episodes.

Because reasons I guess xD

I've made me peace with all the big changes, it's the little stuff that's bothering me lately.

Blonde Tyene is one of those things that always seemed like it would've looked silly on screen to me. Kinda glad they dropped it. Same thing as like the slavers in Meereen having crazy anime hair, or the random exposed boobs in Qarth. I'm glad they didn't touch on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom