• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Speevy

Banned
Yeah what the fuck was that, it was just deserted.

edit: well Cersei mentioned Daenerys was approaching from the East right? So I guess they knew it wasn't worth trying to defend it.

We knew Stannis was coming and killed most of his army, but we couldn't hire a dozen people to slash Daenerys Targaryen's throat when she entered a place we knew she would be landing at.

Good job.

Holy shit, I guess I completely forgot about that. I thought Cersei respected Kevan, or like respected his loyalty to Tywin.

Cersei doesn't like Kevan in either the books or the show. She does (sorta) respect his loyalty to Tywin but only insofar as she thinks that means he'll be loyal to her as Tywin's "real" heir.

Was Tommen a traitor because he let the Faith do as they please or because our boy got laid?

My impression is

1. She felt he chose Margery over her
2. She's at least slightly unhinged right now

Gnome

When Jaqen H'hgar first changed his face in season 2, his voice didn't change. So I'm wondering how that's working now.

Speevy

Banned
When Jaqen H'hgar first changed his face in season 2, his voice didn't change. So I'm wondering how that's working now.

You have to get the whole kit when you enter the face room. It comes the voice-modulation button. She could make Walder sound like Wun Wun if she had wanted.

kirblar

Question: Why is Cersei suddenly mad at Olenna Tyrell? She killed her entire family and was forced to flee the capital.

A smart way to articulate it would be "As expected, Olenna has turned on us."
Because Cersei is a self-centered narcissist.

mantidor

I actually liked it, Arya is now Mistique, she is anyone anywhere, its perfect to add some tension to every scene.

Patriots7

Cersei doesn't like Kevan in either the books or the show. She does (sorta) respect his loyalty to Tywin but only insofar as she thinks that means he'll be loyal to her as Tywin's "real" heir.

My impression is

1. She felt he chose Margery over her
2. She's at least slightly unhinged right now
Got it, I don't remember but I just thought she mentioned she respected him in the books and I just took it as she looked up to him. I should probably do a re-read at some point.

Do you guys ever think about hypothetical situations? Like if Robb married Margaery, it would be game over, right? I know Catelyn had wished that had happen, but literally, it would have solved everything. I guess Bran wouldn't have had to flee as Prince of Winterfell so we wouldn't have gotten that saga.

Speevy

Banned
Tommen had no choice in marrying Margaery, Cersei put the faith militant in charge, Tommen let Cersei imprison Margaery, and she killed his wife.

Tommen could have had Cersei executed right then and there, but rather than take revenge on his own mother, he chose to end his own life.

What a vicious young man.

Gnome

I actually liked it, Arya is now Mistique, she is anyone anywhere, its perfect to add some tension to every scene.

Eh. Tension is infused in scenes when the viewer is aware of something the characters in the scene are not. When an imitation is perfect, then neither viewer or characters are aware unless it's implied contextually, but then it ceases to add tension without that context. And without context it's shock, not tension.

mantidor

Eh. Tension is infused in scenes when the viewer is aware of something the characters in the scene are not. When an imitation is perfect, then neither viewer or characters are aware unless it's implied contextually, but then it ceases to add tension without that context. And without context it's shock, not tension.

Well... you are right.

At least the ride will be interesting :p

He better. Since he took their money and pretty much forced them to starve to an early death.

nah I mean, the silver they had could've only made so much of a difference. really i think the most he could've done is said to them "winter is coming so come with us or you'll die here when it's here"

EDIT: sorry for double post

Speevy

Banned
how you figure that?

Have you ever watched season 1 Winterfell and looked at the dungeon the Boltons turned it into, or the ruins of Harrenhaal and compared it to when Robb arrived at it?

They even made the throne room look like a different place in Cersei's last scene in season 6.

We knew Stannis was coming and killed most of his army, but we couldn't hire a dozen people to slash Daenerys Targaryen's throat when she entered a place we knew she would be landing at.

Good job.

The dragons sniffed out the castle for food/humans. It was abandoned. At least that's how I took it.

LordKasual

Banned
Everyone's gone fucking mad, I tell ya'.

It feels weird when one of the most sensible characters in the series is now the motherfucking Hound.

The Hound has always been a logic-driven character honestly

He's probably my favorite character now. He's like Jamie, except he actually managed to cut his ties with the shit that he hates.

Are you saying that somehow Dany has the ability to make her Dragons scout for her intelligently? Well, goddamn, I guess everyone else truly is fucked.

They have to. At least Drogon does. How else would he know to make an entrance at Mereen during the Sons of harpy fight and then when Dany took out the ships. Notice how Dany does not ride the others? She's bonded with Drogon only. And this bond is for life. Drogon can sense what she's feeling and relay that into a command.

Speevy

Banned
Rory Mccann is the best actor on the show now. He understands every aspect of this character and can transcend even the worst writing.

Have you ever watched season 1 Winterfell and looked at the dungeon the Boltons turned it into, or the ruins of Harrenhaal and compared it to when Robb arrived at it?

They even made the throne room look like a different place in Cersei's last scene in season 6.

i never noticed it actually but i can believe it. i suppose Dany got there seeing how Stannis left it and the next time we see Dragonstone it'll be styled up by her

Gnome

They have to. At least Drogon does. How else would he know to make an entrance at Mereen when Dany took out the ships.

I suppose. This should mean Dany realistically should be able to wipe out the Lannisters next episode if she really wanted to. Nothing could stop her from doing it. Especially if the Lannister army is so depleted that they supposedly couldn't man Dragonstone in any meaningful way.

NeoGiff

Good episode.

Arya/Walder mentions that it's been a fortnight since their last feast, which we have to assume is the one she killed him after. So, has she been bumbling around as him in the Twins for two whole weeks?

Speevy

Banned
Good episode.

Arya/Walder mentions that it's been a fortnight since their last feast, which we have to assume is the one she killed him after. So, has she been bumbling around as him in the Twins for two whole weeks?

Warya knows The Twins better than we ever will.

Gnome

Good episode.

She's on that Daniel Day-Lewis level method acting.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Good episode.

Which begs the question, how does she not know Jon is in Winterfell and is KotN? Two weeks is more than enough time for the news to spread.

Or maybe she does but she's making vengeance a priority over reuniting with her family.

Unfortunately I can't help but think of Dana Carvey in Master of Disguise every time Arya pulls off a face mask. Also, did she get stilts and a fat suit?

dc89

Solid opening episode overall. Really enjoyed watching it and I'm glad it's back.

Rory Mccann is the best actor on the show now. He understands every aspect of this character and can transcend even the worst writing.

He's tremendous. Such a great enactment of the character.

Speevy

Banned
Which begs the question, how does she not know Jon is in Winterfell and is KotN? Two weeks is more than enough time for the news to spread.

Or maybe she does but hse's making vengeance a priority over reuniting with her family.

Two seconds is more than enough time for Cersei to understand absolutely everything hat has happened everywhere in the world, and formulate a plan to combat it.

Euron built the hell out of those ships. I guess the quartersalted the timber and spun tracks for sails. I couldn't really understand what he was mumbling last season.

Top Bottom