• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

duckroll

How did Arya infiltrate the Twins, kill ALL the Freys, and somehow not come across the infomation that the Boltons were gone and the Starks are back in Winterfell?

Mr Git

How did Arya infiltrate the Twins, kill ALL the Freys, and somehow not come across the infomation that the Boltons were gone and the Starks are back in Winterfell?

I wondered this, especially considering she must've been there for at least a week - and then part of her speech to the last of the Freys was that they hadn't killed all the Starks. No one chirped up that there's some up north. It could be that none of them knew. It's probably just because of wank writing.

theory:

Cersei will burn Elaria alive with wildfire like the madking did with Rickard Stark.

Jaimie will see that & realize that Cersei is Mad King 2.0

Honestly as silly as it was with Euron coming out of nowhere, if they they need to do that to capture at least some of the craziness of the greyoy brothers chapters I'm fine with it
Isn't that what pirates did back in they day though? Rammed into cargo ships so they couldn't escape, board & loot and then flee?

Gnome

Isn't that what pirates did back in they day though? Rammed into cargo ships so they couldn't escape, board & loot and then flee?

Not with a surprise attack. Usually the pirate ship was faster and they would spend all day catching up to run them down. The ocean is big, and there's nowhere to run to, so if they couldn't outrun the pirate they were boned.

Not with a surprise attack. Usually the pirate ship was faster and they would spend all day catching up to run them down. The ocean is big, and there's nowhere to run to, so if they couldn't outrun the pirate they were boned.
Is it possible though that they didn't realize they were enemy ships?

They both seemed to have kraken sails, and it was late at night.

jfkgoblue

At this point, it's best to not think about plot holes. D&D have shown that they are lost without the source material.

Gnome

I think that's the implication the show was trying to make. But how Euron sailed through hundreds of ships to locate the exact one he wanted to find -- whilst not alerting suspicion and getting a surprise ram on his enemy -- is beyond me.

He would have to have been sailing against the tide of Yara's ships, and Yara's ship (if she has half a brain) would be in the center of her armada so as not to be on the front lines of an ensuing battle.

duckroll

Yes, it is entirely possible that the two most useless military forces in Westeros were incompetent enough not to realize that they were infiltrated by enemy ships who then rammed them in the middle of the night out at sea. There has been a lot of foreshadowing of this incompetence throughout the series. Yara running from the dogs, needing two Sand Snakes corning an unarmed boy in a room to kill him, all the fight scenes involving the Ironborn and the Sand Snakes throughout season 5. It was all there. This is what it has been leading up to.

Cvie

He would have to have been sailing against the tide of Yara's ships, and Yara's ship (if she has half a brain) would be in the center of her armada so as not to be on the front lines of an ensuing battle.

Iron Born have generally less than half a brain, even Asha in the books who comes of way smarter than any of the others still has a lead from the front type of mentality

It's not like Tyrion's done anything in the last couple thousands pages of book.

Yeah, of all the silly complaints... As soon as Tyrion fled King's Landing he became the worst character in the books.

Jon roughing up Littlefinger was ridiculous. Jon had JUST finished giving a speech about how they needed all the help they could get and had to take allies where they could find them. Littlefinger just saved his ass, his sister's ass, the entire North's ass. He has the biggest army sitting there at Winterfell with his sister. In fact he has the biggest army in Westeros other than maybe Dorne, since the Vale sat out all the fighting.

Zolo

Yeah, of all the silly complaints... As soon as Tyrion fled King's Landing he became the worst character in the books.

Jon roughing up Littlefinger was ridiculous. Jon had JUST finished giving a speech about how they needed all the help they could get and had to take allies where they could find them. Littlefinger just saved his ass, his sister's ass, the entire North's ass. He has the biggest army sitting there at Winterfell with his sister. In fact he has the biggest army in Westeros other than maybe Dorne, since the Vale sat out all the fighting.

Jon has come back colder.

My god that battle scene on the ship was horrendous, death by a thousand cuts, flashbacks to Catwoman there.

I mean Spartacus also had some cheap looking battles, but they were still vastly better than this.

I think that's the implication the show was trying to make. But how Euron sailed through hundreds of ships to locate the exact one he wanted to find -- whilst not alerting suspicion and getting a surprise ram on his enemy -- is beyond me.

She is the princess of the the Iron Islands though. As an Iron Islander, it's definitely plausible that he would know where her ship would generally be placed in a fleet and how to tell it apart from other ironborn ships.

This guy is supposed to be the worlds best pirate; If anyone could pull off an operation like this it would be him for sure.

He also killed 2 sand snakes. That in itself definitely hand waves at least 4 plot holes.

We complain enough about exposition, do you really think the Freys just go around

"well hello George"

Hello Fred"

"what a beautiful day this is, on the 100th moon since we killed the starks"

"now now remember, some live and took down the Boltons"

"yes, the bastard"

An argument could be made she kept to herself as much as possible as whatever character she was playing, only enough to set things into motion.

Brakke

Banned
Also, Arya being too single-mindedly focused on her personal quest for revenge to bother reading a newspaper tracks just fine. Even with Hot Pie, she wasn't asking for news, he volunteered it.

duckroll

heh. he was dead once, he can be dead again

maybe Goku watches game of thrones and just wished Jon Snow back to life after the season 5 finale lol. he'll just go and do it again if he dies

Where were those Dragonballs when I needed someone to wish Talisa back to life?

Abelard

We complain enough about exposition, do you really think the Freys just go around

"well hello George"

Hello Fred"

"what a beautiful day this is, on the 100th moon since we killed the starks"

"now now remember, some live and took down the Boltons"

"yes, the bastard"

An argument could be made she kept to herself as much as possible as whatever character she was playing, only enough to set things into motion.

I read this in the voices of Fred and George Weaselly, please tell me that was your intention

Sunster

Also, Arya being too single-mindedly focused on her personal quest for revenge to bother reading a newspaper tracks just fine. Even with Hot Pie, she wasn't asking for news, he volunteered it.

only maesters read. news is word of mouth.

Damn I wish they had some community radio stations. Before his immolation, I bet Kevan was running a pirate broadcast of the realm's sickest lutetunes.

You're listening to KEVN!

That's not even almost true.
Hot 97 with your boy Davos Seaworth. Mo fingas mo problems.

Pkaz01

Anyone else think it was weird that Arya's reaction was "why go to winterfell the Boltons have it" instead of wanting to go because they have it? I don't think its possible to know they have winterfell without knowing they have Sansa. I would think that would make it an even bigger revenge priority

dabig2

Anyone else think it was weird that Arya's reaction was "why go to winterfell the Boltons have it" instead of wanting to go because they have it? I don't think its possible to know they have winterfell without knowing they have Sansa. I would think that would make it an even bigger revenge priority

Yeah, thought that was weird. Her hate boner for the Boltons should be about the same as the Freys. Roose was the one that personally murdered her brother and surely she would have heard that. Add onto that they're despoiling her home off of their betrayal of the North and I thought she would have gone there straight away after the Freys to become the ghost of Winterfell and mass murder her some Boltons.

quick question about Jorah: archmaester said that after 1 more day, they would send Jorah off to live with the stonemen.

My question with that is, since Jorah was still sane at that point, would the stonemen attack him more and he'd still have to fight for his life? or would they leave him alone seeing his infections?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
GOOD CREDIT
BAD CREDIT
NO CREDIT
YOOUUUUUU CAN BET IT
.. with a sensible loan from Lannister Bank! Send a raven to Littlefinger TOOODAAYYYY

Gigglepoo

quick question about Jorah: archmaester said that after 1 more day, they would send Jorah off to live with the stonemen.

My question with that is, since Jorah was still sane at that point, would the stonemen attack him more and he'd still have to fight for his life? or would they leave him alone seeing his infections?

He had only a few months until he turned, right? And it would have taken a few months to get there. Probably would have worked out.

Can we get more scenes with Randyll Tarly? That man's voice is a treasure. I loved listening to him destroy Sam and keep Jaime honest.

yeah him bashing Sam is always great

but someone mentioned a bit ago, why on earth would he even come to visit Cersei if he's sworn to House Tyrell, the same Cersei that just blew up Margaery, Loras and Mace.

this show makes no sense sometimes

Top Bottom