• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Gigglepoo

he's addicted to some hallucinogen in the books right? maybe he has that addiction here too and that serves as an antidote to the venom

Seems unlikely. Shade of the Evening dyed Book Euron's lips blue through years of use. Given that Pyat Pree's lips are blue on the show, it seems like D&D kept the visual shift the drug causes. So, yeah, there's no sign Euron uses the drug on the show and it doesn't cause you to resist poison anyway.

Show Euron's lips aren't blue though. And he wasn't poisoned anyway.

Wasn't he stabbed by spear lady?

Gigglepoo

The only one of the Snakes established to use poison on their weapon was Tyene and he didn't fight her.

My bad. It would have been cool if he was poisioned and had some secret antidote, though. I don't think they're going to deal with Euron's mystical side but I'm still holding out hope!

Another hope: He marries Cercei. We haven't had a good, old-fashioned Westeros wedding since Sansa and Ramsay!

Show Euron's lips aren't blue though. And he wasn't poisoned anyway.

Seems unlikely. Shade of the Evening dyed Book Euron's lips blue through years of use. Given that Pyat Pree's lips are blue on the show, it seems like D&D kept the visual shift the drug causes. So, yeah, there's no sign Euron uses the drug on the show and it doesn't cause you to resist poison anyway.

Warlocks haven't shown up for a while though. But if not shade of the evening, maybe they'll pull a Bane and still reveal Euron to be an addict, but on a different substance; milk of the poppy perhaps? That would explain how he could take those multiple stabbings and still beat everyone.

Showaddy

Thinking about it I'm actually surprised they did have Euron getting stabbed in the hand with a poisoned dagger or something. Figured they'd try and make him the ultimate badass by squeezing Victarion's lava hand story line in there.

Nista

This thread has become 100% more cute with all the reptile pics. :) I think the show dragons are ugly cute, but I prefer some of the book style illustrations instead. Drogon is sort of CG-noisy up close with all the spikes.

bengraven

it's not because they're cousins it's because they grew up as brother/sister. whether or not they were fond of each other, once they learn they are cousins instead of brother/sister it would be weird as all hell to then suddenly find romantic and sexual attraction to another.

But they barely had any interaction. According to the books she didn't really seem to think much of Jon.

But they barely had any interaction. According to the books she didn't really seem to think much of Jon.
not interacting doesn't mean they hadn't established to one another that they were siblings. "i've been spending a lot of time thinking about what an ass I was to you..." siblings who were just never fond of each other.

Moff

direction was fine, even liked the battle at the end. a lot better than most fight scenes we got in the past. that was not battle of the bastards budget.

jfkgoblue

I still don't get why they're ignoring Hightower. I mean, the Tarly's are agents of change in the Reach?
I don't think the show ever introduced any non-Northern bannerman (Except Royce in the Eyrie)and they already established Tarly with Sam, so they just went with that. It's obvious that in the show, the Tarly's are the Tyrell's largest bannerman though.

Euron gets the pussy while Jaime doesn't get any.

Jaime's face

image.php

:/

Zolo

Euron gets the pussy while Jaime doesn't get any.

It'll be interesting to see how that goes since Euron's proven his worth for the rest of the war, and he could just say he'll leave out of the rest of the war now. Of course, Cersei would probably have to marry outside the family at some point anyway unless she wanted to carry on the Targaryan tradition.

Cpt Lmao

Can't wait to see how the Tyrell army somehow gets fucked over despite having the largest standing military in the series 🙄

Can't wait to see how the Tyrell army somehow gets fucked over despite having the largest standing military in the series 🙄

For all the things the show gets right, they are deliberately obtuse about the fuedal system. In HBO Westeros, bannerlords just stand around in confusion until someone claims the title of warden, king or whatever the fuck Ellaria Sand was supposed to be.

dabig2

Tyrell army and all their bannermen should've laid siege to KL immediately after Cersei's stunt instead of Olenna wasting time to travel halfway across the world. But the Tyrells in this show are fucking idiots and barely non-existent (look at what they did to Mace). We'll find out that Tarly is all they've got which means Cersei now controls all of the Reach.

I'll give the show a small credit - at least this coup of yet another old and great house makes a hell of a lot more sense (only after a bunch of dumb shit happening to get us to this place) than what happened with Dorne. Olenna is a thousand years old and, as far as anyone purely watching the show now, is literally the last Tyrell left (and she's not even blood).

"Bring Olenna Tyrell to me."

"She died fighting."

Honestly while I don't think this will happen (again) I have zero doubt that Olenna will get some sort of quick & easy exit from the show. No way are they going to have her face the music for everything she's done.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Honestly while I don't think this will happen (again) I have zero doubt that Olenna will get some sort of quick & easy exit from the show. No way are they going to have her face the music for everything she's done.

i don't even remember, what has she done other than snide remarks?

i guess poisoned joffrey.

Speevy

Banned
Given this show's penchant for stupidly ironic deaths, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw her into a giant thorn bush.

He's looking for Rickon so Stannis can rally the north to him.
ah, that makes sense...i wonder why show Stannis never thought to do that???
Davos in the books has never even met Jon.
They didn't go to castle black?
Still with Stanis, he's off doing thangs that have nothing to do with the show.

is he the same "good guy" in the books as he is apparently in the show?

Top Bottom