• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

If people are cheering for aunt and uncle to fuck, why not les cousins dangereux
it's not because they're cousins it's because they grew up as brother/sister. whether or not they were fond of each other, once they learn they are cousins instead of brother/sister it would be weird as all hell to then suddenly find romantic and sexual attraction to another.

Astral Dog

I think he is adorable.

Obviously a shot of just the sharp teeth would make any creature look scary. Ever seen the teeth of a bat? They have massive chompers, and they're teeny tiny.
Dogs too. If the only thing you see of a dog would be a picture of it snarling and showing its teeth it would also be looking scary. And I would argue most people consider dogs to be cute.
Ugly cute

CloudWolf

it's not because they're cousins it's because they grew up as brother/sister. whether or not they were fond of each other, once they learn they are cousins instead of brother/sister it would be weird as all hell to then suddenly find romantic and sexual attraction to another.

Hey, if it worked for Dexter...

Oh man, that sideplotwas probably the most awkward plot I've ever seen in a show.

Gigglepoo

I wonder if the show would have improved if they went with Tamzin Merchant for Dany. There's still no official word for why she was booted but Martin did like her performance.

I hope we get to see the original pilot someday

_Ryo_

Oh man, that sideplotwas probably the most awkward plot I've ever seen in a show.

It wasnt really a romance in Dexter. It was some weird incest bait. I think its stupid that it even went there but I also think it was cowardly to not fully commit to the idea.

They were still technically nobles, the aristocracy of those cities. Cersei gives her enemies a quick death, unlike a certain dragon mom.
she didn't give septa unella a quick death and she probably won't give Tyene a quick death. "technically nobles" doesn't fly to me, cersei worded that on purpose to avoid the facts that Dany was trying to end slavery.

jfkgoblue

They were still technically nobles, the aristocracy of those cities. Cersei gives her enemies a quick death, unlike a certain dragon mom.
Ugh please no, we can see the inner monologue of Cersei, she's fucking crazy and straight up evil at this point.

Not saying Dany is perfect, she is a cruel, entitled jackass in the show who I just can't stand anymore.

Ugh please no, we can see the inner monologue of Cersei, she's fucking crazy and straight up evil at this point.

Not saying Dany is perfect, she is a cruel, entitled jackass in the show who I just can't stand anymore.

she just needs some ice to cool her down, if ya know what I mean

Forkball

she didn't give septa unella a quick death and she probably won't give Tyene a quick death. "technically nobles" doesn't fly to me, cersei worded that on purpose to avoid the facts that Dany was trying to end slavery.
Unella could still be alive, you don't know! Maybe she'll come back as the Mountain's wife, the bride of Frankenstein.

Switching gears, I wonder what Sam's story is going to be this season. After he sends Jorah on his way, he doesn't have a lot to do since he already told Jon about Dragonstone. I suppose he still needs to Fedex that sword to Jon as well.

Unella could still be alive, you don't know! Maybe she'll come back as the Mountain's wife, the bride of Frankenstein.
are you just trolling now
Switching gears, I wonder what Sam's story is going to be this season. After he sends Jorah on his way, he doesn't have a lot to do since he already told Jon about Dragonstone. I suppose he still needs to Fedex that sword to Jon as well.
I don't think he's gonna stay at Oldtown much longer. The process of becoming a maester seems pretty damn problematic, and censored, for lack of a better word

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Even if the wildest unconfirmed runtime hypotheses for Season 8 hold true (namely, HBO Programming Chief Casey Bloys saying "it hasn't been decided how long each episode will be, but feature-length isn't impossible" or whatever) we still don't have a lot of time left on the clock. Sam and Gilly are with Jorah now, but they're all hundreds of leagues away from the real action. I imagine the writers will want to bring them to either Dragonstone or Winterfell before the end of the current, penultimate season.

Doing so means truncating Sam's Citadel plot, which is perfectly fine. It means less richness than in the books, but a far more direct route to wherever he's going with this. It could even be possible -- very possible -- that he's already done everything he was meant to do here. He's (ostensibly) cured Jorah and he's sent word to Jon that Dragonstone needs to be mined, which has bolstered Jon's thinking and pushed him to meet Daenerys. These are both big things. Maybe he gets kicked out in 7x03 for all we know. Some fans would be disappointed, some would undoubtedly call it a worthless plot, but me, I'd be fine.

That said, I suspect there will be at least one more event before he leaves. Not sure what it will be, though.

Violet_0

Banned
Sam and Gilly are with Jorah now, but they're all hundreds of leagues away from the real action.

hm, yeah, that's always been a big problem for this show. I really don't know how they plan to reunite them with the rest of the cast with the remaining runtime. I mean, Oldtown is really far away

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
hm, yeah, that's always been a big problem for this show. I really don't know how they plan to reunite them with the rest of the cast with the remaining runtime. I mean, Oldtown is really far away

Well, in terms of how they'll traverse the distance in a short amount of time, the answer will probably be that they... just do. The show hasn't really tried to make direct sense of its world's size relative to travel time in a few seasons, except when it suits the writing. Sam's team will probably just get there when they get there, whether that's 7x03 or 8x06 or never, heh.

Even if the wildest unconfirmed runtime hypotheses for Season 8 hold true (namely, HBO Programming Chief Casey Bloys saying "it hasn't been decided how long each episode will be, but feature-length isn't impossible" or whatever) we still don't have a lot of time left on the clock. Sam and Gilly are with Jorah now, but they're all hundreds of leagues away from the real action. I imagine the writers will want to bring them to either Dragonstone or Winterfell before the end of the current, penultimate season.

Doing so means truncating Sam's Citadel plot, which is perfectly fine. It means less richness than in the books, but a far more direct route to wherever he's going with this. It could even be possible -- very possible -- that he's already done everything he was meant to do here. He's (ostensibly) cured Jorah and he's sent word to Jon that Dragonstone needs to be mined, which has bolstered Jon's thinking and pushed him to meet Daenerys. These are both big things. Maybe he gets kicked out in 7x03 for all we know. Some fans would be disappointed, some would undoubtedly call it a worthless plot, but me, I'd be fine.

That said, I suspect there will be at least one more event before he leaves. Not sure what it will be, though.
I think he'll be heading to Winterfell out of those 2. He doesn't have reason to go to Dragonstone, really. The dragonglass yeah but he should figure Jon will handle it

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
By the way, I did some digging and I misattributed that prospective runtime quote. It wasn't Bloys.

Per Deadline:

From a review of the speaker agenda and online reports coming out of the convention, it wasn’t heavy on major spoilers or dish, but there were a few intriguing tidbits. Among the biggest is that episodes could be getting much longer as the show heads to its conclusion. While the number of episodes has shrunk, with seven slated for the upcoming season and just six for the yet-to-be-produced final batch, Season 8, the length will likely move toward feature range of 80-plus minutes next season, according to sound designed Paula Fairfield. She said Season 7 episodes will be their customary hour-long duration, but the finale of Season 7 clocks in at 82 minutes. In Season 8, the episode could be in the 80-plus-minute range of a feature film, as series like Sherlock and Black Mirror have done.

Faddy

Banned

How could you possibly know this? Sam has one chapter so far at the citadel and the one guy who knows about magic and dragons just left.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
How could you possibly know this? Sam has one chapter so far at the citadel and the one guy who knows about magic and dragons just left.

I'm probably misremembering, then. It's been a long time since I read the books. (I kind of prefer the show overall, really.)

Turin

Banned
Four 80 minute episodes directed by Miguel Sapochnik........ who needs drugs?

That show always got awkward to ridiculous when it involved romance or Dexter's sexuality. Someone should've informed Sarah Colleton that no one gives a shit.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Four 80 minute episodes directed by Miguel Sapochnik........ who needs drugs?

I live in hope Sapochnik didn't direct an episode this year because he needed a great deal of time to plan out his top-secret gargantuan climax stuff for Season 8.

duckroll

I live in hope Sapochnik didn't direct an episode this year because he needed a great deal of time to plan out his top-secret gargantuan climax stuff for Season 8.

He didn't direct an episode this year because he was busy shooting other projects, including the pilot for Netflix's Altered Carbon.

TankUP

Why are y'all hoping great directors waste their time on this show? You should hope they move on to better projects! Who cares how pretty the show is when the writing is this bad.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
He didn't direct an episode this year because he was busy shooting other projects, including the pilot for Netflix's Altered Carbon.

Ah, makes sense.

Why are y'all hoping great directors waste their time on this show? You should hope they move on to better projects! Who cares how pretty the show is when the writing is this bad.

Um... it's my favorite show of all time, so, I fervently disagree and thus care...?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
That really had become less important as the show progressed. When they need characters to teleport across the world, they will.

Yeah, that's what I said a few posts later, haha.

I'm not saying the geographical distance is the issue so much as the distance from the main narrative strands. The distance from the main players. I suppose I could have worded it a little better.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the only cute reptiles are turtles

d9bf04af5f80ff012e1d00be7a3ee940.jpg

Biske

I meant it in a that was stupid way rather than this show is clever way :)

On an already stupid scene, its probably the least stupid thing.

I mean you have a highly contagious awful disease and Sams brilliant idea is "lets cut into this shit, I got gloves on its cooooool.

I think we'll see Sam's redemption arc. I think you'll see Sam with Heartsbane coming to save his daddy when the white walkers attack. Daddy will apologize and die.

Top Bottom