• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Gigglepoo

This is a crazy thing to be caught on. The only implication is that she's blowing off Hot Pie.

Also she's rejecting his premise that Winterfell is home for her. Because she doesn't know about Jon and Sansa.

I'm not caught on this. We were talking about plot holes and I pointed out that it doesn't make sense that Arya doesn't want revenge on the Boltons. That's it.

Arya's not afraid of the Boltons. Nor was she disinterested in killing them. She just didn't see north as a priority over south.

That's simple routing. If she intended to ultimately stay in the north, might as well finish off your business in the south, then head north to kill the Boltons and then hang up your sword there.

Anyway her Cersei vendetta was obviously stronger than her Bolton vendetta. Girl watched Cersei behead her father in front of her. She never even met a Bolton.

she was at the red wedding. there is a good chance that she saw roose bolton.

Sony

Nintendo
I was hoping Sam would stop the greyscale from spreading rather than removing the greyscale. I kind of expected this to be honest a season ago because I thought that would make Jorah a badass fighter where he has armor all over his body (the greyscale). But at that point I thought greyscale was really tough.

drogon_1498132021157.gif

that thing is not "cute", my friend.

I think he is adorable.

Obviously a shot of just the sharp teeth would make any creature look scary. Ever seen the teeth of a bat? They have massive chompers, and they're teeny tiny.
Dogs too. If the only thing you see of a dog would be a picture of it snarling and showing its teeth it would also be looking scary. And I would argue most people consider dogs to be cute.

I think he is adorable.

Obviously a shot of just the sharp teeth would make any creature look scary. Ever seen the teeth of a bat? They have massive chompers, and they're teeny tiny.
Dogs too. If the only thing you see of a dog would be a picture of it snarling and showing its teeth it would also be looking scary. And I would argue most people consider dogs to be cute.

dogs have fur and these things are nothing but scales.

Slater

Banned
There so lucky they picked Kit for Jon, and his character ended up in all the big battle scenes. He is always praised by the stunt director as being incredible with the fight scenes. He rarely, if ever, uses a double when sword fighting.

And since those massive Jon fight episodes tend to be the best, man that's some good casting

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm happy to see the praise for Kit in recent years. Back during the first and (especially) the second seasons, I dealt with a lot of skepticism over the dude. Don't get me wrong, I think Kit has improved tremendously over the course of the series, but I've been a hardcore Jon Snow fan since Season 1 came out and I'd probably have a longer track record of it had I read the books first. It was a bit gloomy in the early years, when I saw a lot of folks express doubt over him, and book-readers frequently talk about how subpar a casting he was.

jett

D-Member
I think Kit Harrington absolutely awful and literally nothing like the Jon Snow I imagined when I read the books. He has like negative charisma.

Speevy

Banned
King Robert - dead within the first season, great actor
Ned Stark - dead within the first season, great actor
Catelyn Tully - dead within the first 3 seasons, great actor
Theon Greyjoy - still jumping ship after 6+ seasons, great actor
Robb Stark - dead within the first 3 seasons, decent actor
Jaime Lannister - still whipped after 6 + seasons, great actor
Cersei Lannister - still the only one who matters after 6+ seasons, great actor
Tywin Lannister - dead within the first 4 seasons, great actor
Joffrey Baratheon - dead within the first 4 seasons, great actor

Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen - the most important people in the history of mankind, played by two of the worst actors on the show.

How did the casting person not catch this huge disparity?

Turin

Banned
Kit Harington's done an very good job in the past few years. Especially considering the way D&D write Jon. His consistent improvement each season has been impressive. Of course, he's also the most physically competent actor on the show.

I think Kit has been fine when he's been given somewhat decent material to work with. Unfortunately for him, most of the material he's been given has been garbage, especially in the earlier seasons.

duckroll

Kit Harington's done an very good job in the past few years. Especially considering the way D&D write Jon. His consistent improvement each season has been impressive. Of course, he's also the most physically competent actor on the show.

More physically competent than Rory McCann? I'm not so sure...

Noema

King Robert - dead within the first season, great actor
Ned Stark - dead within the first season, great actor
Catelyn Tully - dead within the first 3 seasons, great actor
Theon Greyjoy - still jumping ship after 6+ seasons, great actor
Robb Stark - dead within the first 3 seasons, decent actor
Jaime Lannister - still whipped after 6 + seasons, great actor
Cersei Lannister - still the only one who matters after 6+ seasons, great actor
Tywin Lannister - dead within the first 4 seasons, great actor
Joffrey Baratheon - dead within the first 4 seasons, great actor

Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen - the most important people in the history of mankind, played by two of the worst actors on the show.

How did the casting person not catch this huge disparity?

It's hard to overstate how good Alfie Allen is in this show. Theon started out as a cocky, entitled hotshot who was then tormented by guilt over the betrayal of his adopted home and then tortured and mutilated into becoming a husk of a PTSD with Stockholm syndrome. And the actor has been able to portray his character arc so well that you only need a look at his face to tell that, yeah, Theon is gone. He's still Reek.

Contrast that with Daenerys's arc. Instead of appearing empowered and decisive she just frowns and pouts. It could be the source material and direction at work but it is clear that Emilia Clark is struggling.

I dont like I it's acting but he's amazing in fights. Battle of the Bastards is so well done and he really elevated it.

Another thing to remember is that is the guy is 5'7 and is doing stunts with a giant bastard sword. It's not easy.

Speevy

Banned
Kit Harrington should be portraying Jon Snow as a man who believes in himself, but he just lied to Sansa. Like...lied to her. He told her he would never leave her again, and now he's leaving. This decision should tear him apart emotionally.

CassSept

Kit's not a fantastic actor but writing for him had been particularly subpar at times and that certainly hurt the character. His ACOK arc had been terribly wasted.

Kain

Kit is not bad, show Jon is.

Euron's scene felt so unearned.

Show Euron is more of a joke than book Victarion or even Darkstar. Real Euron went on an exile and came back a different man: creepy and dark. Fakeuron could have been a random drunken whoremonger for all we know, he just popped in the show for no reason. D&D sometimes screw up so much it's not even funny.

I think Kit has improved a lot. Emilia is just the worst though. But she seems to be really popular. Guess people fall in love with the character and projects that onto the actor.

It's hard to overstate how good Alfie Allen is in this show. Theon started out as a cocky, entitled hotshot who was then tormented by guilt over the betrayal of his adopted home and then tortured and mutilated into becoming a husk of a PTSD with Stockholm syndrome. And the actor has been able to portray his character arc so well that you only need a look at his face to tell that, yeah, Theon is gone. He's still Reek.

Contrast that with Daenerys's arc. Instead of appearing empowered and decisive she just frowns and pouts. It could be the source material and direction at work but it is clear that Emilia Clark is struggling.

Alfie deserves a lot more recognition. If the world were fair, this show should be his break. I somehow have a feeling he'll die soon in the books (death by Melisandre) so I'm afraid the show doesn't have much good material left for him and he'll just feel redundant like Littlefinger this season. Nice to see him have a good character moment at the end of last episode. Alfie did that so well that a book reader would just know that Theon's internal monologue was going "Reek Reek it rhymes with meek"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kit Harrington should be portraying Jon Snow as a man who believes in himself, but he just lied to Sansa. Like...lied to her. He told her he would never leave her again, and now he's leaving. This decision should tear him apart emotionally.

I don't know. Sansa was the sibling that didn't like Jon. I think Jon has a love for her our of duty to the family, but I don't think he loves her the way he loved his other siblings. They're not friends.

To be fair as soon as more-of-a-fan-favourite Tyrion turned up Mereen they started giving anything decisive (that wasn't also emotional/impulsive) to him so she's basically been shit of luck since then.

Zabka

The guy's in charge of saving the world. She'll get over it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't know. Sansa was the sibling that didn't like Jon. I think Jon has a love for her our of duty to the family, but I don't think he loves her the way he loved his other siblings. They're not friends.

Sansa did not care for him. It always ruined the family image similar to Catelyn on Jon.

Top Bottom