• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unpopular TV takes?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
The Pacific is in most ways better than Band of Brothers. Certainly in terms of depicting the putrid griminess of war, and I would argue also in showing the mental toll of being in combat.

TDiddyLive

If you think Breaking Bad is great TV you need to watch more fiction.
Came here to talk about how bad that show really was. So many things to say but I will focus on how everyone was intimidated by the main character when, for most of the series, he did nothing intimidating except talk in a low grumble when he was mad.

Doom85

Came here to talk about how bad that show really was. So many things to say but I will focus on how everyone was intimidated by the main character when, for most of the series, he did nothing intimidating except talk in a low grumble when he was mad.

Who was intimidated that didn’t have a reason to be? Honestly most weren’t.

Jesse - sometimes he could be, sometimes not, and either way it made sense based on the context of the moment
Skylar - usually wasn’t
Hank - wasn’t sure exactly how well connected Walt was upon learning the truth (mind you, Hank had nearly been killed by Tuco’s cousins not that long ago, so he has reasons for no longer underestimating those in the drug trade), regardless he never stopped trying to expose that Walt was Heisenberg
Saul - is a generally easily intimidated person, but he does finally stand up for himself at the end when he realizes Walt has basically nothing left
Marie - wasn’t intimidated for the most part
Tuco - only briefly intimidated when Walt blew a freaking hole in his wall, but otherwise was never intimidated
Gus - not once intimidated
Mike - likewise
Jack - likewise

Seriously, what show were you watching?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
After Mash, Last Man Standing is the best sitcom.

Breaking Bad is only ok.

The Eternsls would have been a great tv series

Last edited:
Top Bottom