• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unsecured Webcams x Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crap:
Banned Sites said:
- Gotcha! Bait and Switch. You don't need to trick people. Don't post comedy news as real news, don't post rickrolls, don't post rumours as facts, don't post things you don't believe just because another site posted them, try to find legitimate sources.
It's written in bold. I'm so screwed.

aj1467

Oh crap:

It's written in bold. I'm so screwed.

YW14l.gif

D23

Probably not... but I won't edit my post, I'll face the consequences of my actions. I should have known better.

any last word? lol

anyway, i still think this is one of the creepiest shit ive seen on gaf. watch oen of u guys witness a murder or somethign

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This is super fucked up and doesn't seem entirely legal. I bet it is since it's not our fault that their shit is unsecured, but god damn this is scary.

I live a sheltered internet life here on GAF. I haven't seen this in forever.

What I meant is that this thread as a whole is much "weirder" than a 2013 rickroll.

anyway, i still think this is one of the creepiest shit ive seen on gaf. watch oen of u guys witness a murder or somethign

any last word? lol
Well, I don't post that much and haven't even created a single thread, but I'm an avid lurker and will still check GAF every day; I love this community; it was fun to be a part of it; I wish I made more valuable contributions.
Thanks for everything, GAF.

Ban Date: 01-??-2013
Lufiaddict.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How exactly are we able to see these? How do you secure a webcam?

Newline

This whole thing is super creepy, even just clicking on one of the webcams and landing on a random video of a door made me feel like a creepster...

Truthfully since the mods haven't came here after all this time you may avoid teh hammer.

I don't think this thread will last much longer. I hope the thread lock and my ban happen simultaneously. It will feel like I'm dragging this thread into the abyss.

MormaPope

Banned
This has been possible to do for a long while. Don't know if linking and posting screencaps of unsecured cameras is against the TOS.

Yeah, that is what I am wondering as well. Or do these people have some sort of trojan on their computer?

Security cams with online control panels and such. You can google search for the menus and control panel stuff, which makes it easy to get into all the unprotected ones.

I don't think this thread will last much longer. I hope the thread lock and my ban happen simultaneously. It will feel like I'm dragging this thread into the abyss.

Doubt it will be that bad if you will even get a ban, it's not like rick roll is a real problem on the internet anymore, used to be fucking every second link on forums. Pray to the mods, they are nice people, PRAY.

Doubt it will be that bad if you will even get a ban, it's not like rick roll is a real problem on the internet anymore, used to be fucking every second link on forums. Pray to the mods, they are nice people, PRAY.
Thanks for your kind words, WoodenLung. They brought back memories of Earthbound.
I will pass away with a smile on my face. With a smile in my heart.

Wait, does that guy have his pants down?

Thanks for your kind words, WoodenLung. They brought back memories of Earthbound.
I will pass away with a smile on my face. With a smile in my heart.

No problem. The truth is I don't believe any of it, did it only to calm you.

commedieu

Banned
feel bad for all these people. This is a proper invasion of privacy....

Outside of a factory recall/firmware update/something mandatory from the manufacturer that the consumer wont have to lift a finger for, thats all i can see realistically happening..

sangreal

What really needs to happen is for that site to get taken down, this thread is a small fish compared to the massive amount of people that will be able to access this content and be uber creepy

that site doesnt do anything except tie the IPs to google maps. the links are out there all over the net. it's all indexed by google and there have been countless news stories (and dedicated forums) about it

see the example I posted before: https://www.google.com/search?oq=inurl:nphMotionJpeg?resolution&q=inurl:nphMotionJpeg?resolution

582 feeds

sangreal

that site doesnt do anything except tie the IPs to google maps. the links are out there all over the net. it's all indexed by google and there have been countless news stories (and dedicated forums) about it

see the example I posted before: https://www.google.com/search?oq=inurl:nphMotionJpeg?resolution&q=inurl:nphMotionJpeg?resolution

582 feeds

here is an example of a news story on it: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011...-the-world-of-unsecured-ip-surveillance-cams/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom