• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unsecured Webcams x Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

commedieu

Banned
lol.. you guys are animals...

ANIMALS!!!!

I looked, felt weird.

Im going to make an app to check your devices for their blah blah blah and make a million bucks brb.

What really needs to happen is for that site to get taken down, this thread is a small fish compared to the massive amount of people that will be able to access this content and be uber creepy

What really needs to happen is for people to password their security cams. When simple searches on search engines can bring your camera up people will look at it, even if it's wrong to have a site like that, there's no way to prevent that if you don't secure it, people will share those search lines on forums and everywhere.

BosSin

What really needs to happen is for people to password their security cams. When simple searches on search engines can bring your camera up people will look at it, even if it's wrong to have a site like that, there's no way to prevent that if you don't secure it, people will share those search lines on forums and everywhere.

Yeah, I realised this in the last page

SmithnCo

The dog ones are cool at least, having webcams in kennels is a good idea for people going on vacation to see their pets.

Majmun

Imagine if it was possible to monitor smartphones too. Almost all smartphones have two camera's now and internet.

Now that would be scary/creepy

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This tab just took over 1GB on its own for me, making it freeze and crash. Chrome's memory management sucks so fucking bad.

Cipherr

There.

There's no way the mods aren't aware of what's happening in this thread.
The Great Culling is coming.

Edit: Huh... did someone actually report this thread, just in case? I would, but I have to go right now (and I might not be able to do it later...)

Culling? I honestly cant see why anyone in this thread would be banned, besides the rickrolling folks.

here is my creepcam pic

2vv8M.png

This is fucking... odd. Really fucking unsettling. Disturbing, even.

Easily one of the strangest, oddest things I've seen on the internet, and I've seen a lot of shit. This just hits a new, bizarre note in the worlds of internet anonymity, privacy and technology.

Damn, I've always made fun of people who tape over their webcams.

I guess if you take precautions you don't need to, but this is creepy as hell. I'm surprised the thread was locked the second a mod stepped in, this is way worse than the "creepshots" or whatever on Reddit, those are slimy as shit too but at least the people were in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom