• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

Amusing rumour. Apparently for the 30th anniversary of FF they're going to release I - IX all on one disk/cart for PS4/Vita.

Not sure how they're going to fit VII/VIII/IX on one cart, let alone all the other stuff.

While the rumor seems ehh at best, I can't see how they could fit all that on a single Vita cart. 1-6 and their shit mobile remakes I could see, but I can't see 7-9 fitting with the rest of them, let alone on a single cart with just the 3 of them.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect

Amusing rumour. Apparently for the 30th anniversary of FF they're going to release I - IX all on one disk/cart for PS4/Vita.

Not sure how they're going to fit VII/VIII/IX on one cart, let alone all the other stuff.

Would be amazing, maybe it will end up being a two cart deal. Or probably "most on cart, others digital download" like X HD.

Still, this probably explains the IX remaster being ported to Vita and not released, so we do know that is hopefully still real.

Lol whaaaat. Crazy.

That said, if this is true I hope they do NOT use the PSX versions of FF6. Was unbearable.

Didn't Vita cards have 6GB capacity or am I misremembering here? Perhaps some of it will be downloadable?

Takao

Banned

The only thing that gives a bit of credence to that rumour is that we know Silicon Studio were working on Final Fantasy IX for Vita. But like you said, you cannot fit all those games on a single Vita cart. They could do multi-carts (especially if this is for an expensive SE store LE in Japan) ... but why even include Vita in this? PS4 is SE's chosen one. It's getting VII R, XII HD, (+XIII?) and already has VII, X, XIV + XV. It's not like Vita already has a library of native ports to re-package. Instead, it has the PSP and PSone versions, which are not being trotted out.

So I flat out asked Playism about future Vita ports based on Takao's post:

https://twitter.com/playismEN/status/805925680366043142

At least it wasn't an ignore or a 'no', so that's something. Wonder what.

Well, it ain't Momodora.

Lol whaaaat. Crazy.

That said, if this is true I hope they do NOT use the PSX versions of FF6. Was unbearable.

Didn't Vita cards have 6GB capacity or am I misremembering here? Perhaps some of it will be downloadable?

There's been no bigger carts than 3.4GB that I'm aware of. That's why things like Sly 3 are only available through download voucher; why FF X/X2 were two different cards in Japan and why recently SD Gundam G Generation Genesis was a single game split across two carts.

The only thing that gives a bit of credence to that rumour is that we know Silicon Studio were working on Final Fantasy IX for Vita. But like you said, you cannot fit all those games on a single Vita cart. They could do multi-carts (especially if this is for an expensive SE store LE in Japan) ... but why even include Vita in this? PS4 is SE's chosen one. It's getting VII R, XII HD, (+XIII?) and already has VII, X, XIV + XV. It's not like Vita already has a library of native ports to re-package. Instead, it has the PSP and PSone versions, which are not being trotted out.

Would be pretty amusing to see Square Enix repackage their PSP games for Vita while Sony thought that Locoroco; Parappa and Patapon were not worthy.

The FF IX rumor does give it some weight I guess. If true I'd expect I - VI on cart and the rest as a voucher, which would kinda defeat the point but whatever.

Don't see why it couldn't be, as with many Vita ports these days it's just probably on the backburner while they work on PS4.

That said, Badgenome pointed out that it may just Forevolution & Rodem the Wild.

SarusGray

Ehh I wouldn't worry about it too much just because nothing significant came of that. They've mentioned several times since then that they're still working on editing, so it is definitely still being worked on.

With that said, I would not expect Tokyo Xanadu until mid to late spring. The game falls a little under a Trails game in terms of text and voice work, not to mention they're also working on porting it over to PC.

be easier to do the ps4 version port rather than porting the vita version.

lol that shit aint happening. The best case I see is FFIX being released since it was there in that listing by silicon studio on their site.

neither is chrono trigger for pc happening.

Yeah, I have to warn people about Vita Slain. It runs like shit. Like, 20FPS with constant stuttering kinds of performance. Its almost unbearable, yet I've still managed to clear the first two bosses without taking damage. Its perfect on the PS4 so just play that port instead. I'm so damn disappointed, its one of the worst ports I've played in recent memory, made all the worse because I loved the PS4 version so much (I've damned near 100%ed that version). Volgaar looks like the better choice, at least that looks to run at 60FPS.

Well that's disappointing. Unity Engine game? This engine continues to run terrible on Vita. Last example I tried was Lara Croft Go. It's perfectly playable due the nature of the gameplay, but it has serious performance issues on many occasions. I guess this engine will never run good on the hardware without serious optimations efforts. It's disappointing since most indie developers are using this engine and continue releasing bad ports for the system, or at atleast port who should run better. There are games like Odin Sphere on the system running with 60fps and stunning visuals. So there is no excuse.

RK128

Hello guys :).

I got review copies of many Vita games and will share some impressions on them later today (have to leave my home in a bit; doing stuff for college). But I will say I enjoyed Lara Croft GO a lot so far and just got my review copy for Stiens;Gate 0; can't wait to play that!

I will be releasing reviews for the following games from today through the end of the week:
-Lara Croft GO
-My Name is Mayo
-Castle Invasion
-Battallon Commander
-Demetrios
-Darkest Dungeon
-Volgarr

Reviews fro Space Overlords, The Keeper of 4 Elements and Stiens;Gate 0 will see release early next week.

Well that's disappointing. Unity Engine game? This engine continues to run terrible on Vita. Last example I tried was Lara Croft Go. It's perfectly playable due the nature of the gameplay, but it has serious performance issues on many occasions. I guess this engine will never run good on the hardware without serious optimations efforts. It's disappointing since most indie developers are using this engine and continue releasing bad ports for the system, or at atleast port who should run better. There are games like Odin Sphere on the system running with 60fps and stunning visuals. So there is no excuse.

No idea on the engine, honestly it just feels like a badly done port. I'm following the Salt and Sanctuary dev on twitter and he's working real hard to refine the frame rate on that game. Then you have Axiom Verge which was made by 1 person (I believe) and he worked his ass off to get that to a point where it ran really nicely on the Vita.

Its worth noting its not unplayable. I've managed to beat the first 6? bosses in the game taking no damage, so its not completely ruined. It just sucks :( I can't wait for the Euro version of Volgarr to get released on the Vita, I've seen footage of that and it looks like a perfect 60FPS, which is what I like to see on a Vita indie port :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/0...ne-uses-sword-art-online-lost-songs-alo-base/

Accel World vs. SAO is Lost Song 2 by the sounds of it. Which I'm actually very happy with, since I preferred Lost Song to the Hollow games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/06/gun-gun-pixies-releases-japan-march-23-2017-playstation-vita/

Gun Gun Pixies is March in Japan. Sounds hilarious.

Also some good news, demand for the Vita version of DanganRonpa V3 (LE) is much stronger than NISA anticipated. Did they think everyone would switch to PS4 version before a single DanganRonpa game had released on the platform? lol:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226067541&postcount=113

COWCAT

Neo Member
It's happening!
My quirky adventure game "Demetrios" is NOW AVAILABLE on PS Vita!

North America ($9.99) : https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ture/cid=UP1778-PCSE01005_00-DEMETRIOS0000000

Europe (9.99 €) : https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ture/cid=EP1762-PCSB01036_00-DEMETRIOS0000000

With 20% discount for PS+ members in both regions.
Making this game for PS Vita was a ton of hard work, I hope you'll enjoy it :)

I'm doing an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, check it out!
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5gtko4/im_the_demetrios_solo_developer_ask_me_anything/

Shizuka

A few great Vita titles are on sale this week, like Crypt of the Necrodancer, Yomawari, Axiom Verge and Civilization 2 Plus.

So AB is a flaming pile of garbage? :p

To the surprise of no-one.

I mean, I know the PS4 version was likely gonna bomb anyway, but bad reviews definitely won't help. Then if that's the case, I suppose it's questionable whether Acquire will bother with the Vita version.

I suppose they will since it seems contracts have already been signed with XSEED & PQube for western releases.

Saphirax

To the surprise of no-one.

I mean, I know the PS4 version was likely gonna bomb anyway, but bad reviews definitely won't help. Then if that's the case, I suppose it's questionable whether Acquire will bother with the Vita version.

I suppose they will since it seems contracts have already been signed with XSEED & PQube for western releases.

AS definitely wasn't up my alley, mostly because I prefer rpgs so when AB got announced I was thrilled. If it actually turns out to be rubbish though... :/.

The running animation is more than enough to warrant low scores.

AS definitely wasn't up my alley, mostly because I prefer rpgs so when AB got announced I was thrilled. If it actually turns out to be rubbish though... :/.

The running animation is more than enough to warrant low scores.

I like street brawlers but couldn't really take to AS (still massively disappointed we didn't get Kenka Bancho 6 on Vita, or another Yakuza spinoff).

I like Tales games, so would still be down for Akiba's Beat if it's fun. It doesn't look terrible, just cheap, but I'm used to that with Acquire games (Shinobido 2 is great despite clearly being made on a $10 budget lol)

Saphirax

I like street brawlers but couldn't really take to AS (still massively disappointed we didn't get Kenka Bancho 6 on Vita, or another Yakuza spinoff).

I like Tales games, so would still be down for Akiba's Beat if it's fun. It doesn't look terrible, just cheap, but I'm used to that with Acquire games (Shinobido 2 is great despite clearly being made on a $10 budget lol)

I'm not a fan of brawlers (with the exception of Yakuza, but Yakuza games have so much to them it'd be a disservice to just call them brawlers), but I love Tales. The low budget definitely shows in the videos. I want to believe they'd have more varied environments but I kinda doubt it.

Wonder what exactly they found wrong with it that they would rate it 5 points lower than Akiba's Trip (it got a 9/8/8/8). Everything I've seen for it makes it looks like it's about on the same level of jankiness and low budget, just the combat is basically the same as Tales and not a brawler. Good lord if that game bombs over here, because there seems to be a significant amount of effort that Xseed is putting into it.

Tohsaka

Wonder what exactly they found wrong with it that they would rate it 5 points lower than Akiba's Trip (it got a 9/8/8/8). Everything I've seen for it makes it looks like it's about on the same level of jankiness and low budget, just the combat is basically the same as Tales and not a brawler. Good lord if that game bombs over here, because there seems to be a significant amount of effort that Xseed is putting into it.

Yeah, I think they said it's their biggest dub project ever. Hopefully it does well and actually is decent enough to play, I have it pre-ordered.

Shizuka

Sekai replied my Vita comment on r/visualnovels: "Root Double will have an update in later in the month. after that 2017 will be our big push for consoles. Stay tuned for some big unexpected announcements."

RK128

A few great Vita titles are on sale this week, like Crypt of the Necrodancer, Yomawari, Axiom Verge and Civilization 2 Plus.

That is really nice. If I have some money, might buy a few of them (specifically, Necrodancer, Hue and Axiom Verge). Thank you for the heads up :D!

Saphirax

Sekai replied my Vita comment on r/visualnovels: "Root Double will have an update in later in the month. after that 2017 will be our big push for consoles. Stay tuned for some big unexpected announcements."

My body is ready.

I'm all for unexpected vita announcements...like maybe that otome game they're working on.

Good lord if that game bombs over here, because there seems to be a significant amount of effort that Xseed is putting into it.

I cannot for the life of me find the article, but I remember Ken Berry saying back in the day that Akiba's Trip was their biggest localization effort yet in terms of voice acting/advertising etc. Don't know why they went all in on that game, but they did.

And it seems they're doing the same for Beat, except... Beat is somehow less appealing. I'm sure they'll be alright with a Steam port down the line and as long as the Vita version does actually get made, but still.

Like, Tales is one of my favourite series, but I just can't get excited about this game for some reason.

Sqwee. I hope Vita is in their 'big push for consoles'. I want all the Visual Novels they can throw at me. Man, 2017 on Vita is going to be so good for it. 5 otome; DanganRonpa; possibly Chaos;Child and all this Sekai stuff, wow...

Shizuka

Sqwee. I hope Vita is in their 'big push for consoles'. I want all the Visual Novels they can throw at me. Man, 2017 on Vita is going to be so good for it. 5 otome; DanganRonpa; possibly Chaos;Child and all this Sekai stuff, wow...

Don't forget Muv Luv, possibly Sharin no Kuni, Dies Irae, maybe NISA doing another VN, Net High.

Taken from Nirolak's thread:

Vita 2 announced.

Image below:

(looks good IMO)

CzDsOMLXAAA-ete.jpg

incpdo

It's great to see that the Vita is still getting releases. I was so bummed out with the cancellation of Hyper Light Drifter :(

Not all hope is lost , plus we have many other indies we can look forward to play on the system .
2017 might be the last year for the Vita but it will be an awesome one too.

It's happening!
My quirky adventure game "Demetrios" is NOW AVAILABLE on PS Vita!

North America ($9.99) : https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ture/cid=UP1778-PCSE01005_00-DEMETRIOS0000000

Europe (9.99 €) : https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ture/cid=EP1762-PCSB01036_00-DEMETRIOS0000000

With 20% discount for PS+ members in both regions.
Making this game for PS Vita was a ton of hard work, I hope you'll enjoy it :)

I'm doing an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, check it out!
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5gtko4/im_the_demetrios_solo_developer_ask_me_anything/
Congratulations!! You should be proud.

I hope the game does well.
I did not have any time to test the game during the testing period. Nice to hear everything went well.

Good job!

All these mobile announcements from Sony today. It would've been difficult for them to collect a group of IP's I cared more about once upon a time, lol. Just throw in Ape Escape and Legend of Dragoon and it would've been the ultimate kick in the nads.

I weep.

Saphirax

All these mobile announcements from Sony today. It would've been difficult for them to collect a group of IP's I cared more about once upon a time, lol. Just throw in Ape Escape and Legend of Dragoon and it would've been the ultimate kick in the nads.

I weep.

Wild Arms :(... and to think I had a sliver of hope.

COWCAT

Neo Member
Does anyone have a PlayStation TV? It seems my game doesn't appear in the new releases in Europe (at least Germany) :(
Can you check in your region?

i-Jest

I don't mind the wait, I'll still cop regardless. If it highlights interest to localize more Saga games then I'm about it.

Dies Irae prefundia page:

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/p...tziluth/11416/

The most important bit; the KS will have a 200k Vita stretch goal! I hope it makes it.

Okay, I don't normally get interested in Visual Novels, which I think this is (correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm willing to get behind this one.

ricki42

Does anyone have a PlayStation TV? It seems my game doesn't appear in the new releases in Europe (at least Germany) :(
Can you check in your region?

I'm in the US. Just checked, doesn't show up on PS TV store. On Vita it's at the top of new releases.

Not all hope is lost , plus we have many other indies we can look forward to play on the system .
2017 might be the last year for the Vita but it will be an awesome one too.

If Falcom doesn't release Sen III on Vita, I'll blame you and hate you forever. LOL

As far as their Japanese press release goes, Falcom only mentions PS4 version of Ys Origin. Which means there's a good likelihood Ys Origin will be PS4-only for JP-PSN. They've been wanting to ditch Vita for a while now, too.

If Falcom doesn't release Sen III on Vita, I'll blame you and hate you forever. LOL

As far as their Japanese press release goes, Falcom only mentions PS4 version of Ys Origin. Which means there's a good likelihood Ys Origin will be PS4-only for JP-PSN. They've been wanting to ditch Vita for a while now, too.

Even if they were to put it on Vita, I'd say the chance of us getting that version in the West are slim to none, especially when it comes to a physical version (no one should be expecting that). Even assuming that Xseed started work on it right after the Japanese release, we would be looking at late 2018 at the earliest for a Western release, and I do not see Vita having a future that long here beyond companies like LRG pushing out as many physicals as they can. I honestly think that if we should expect it on anything here, it will be PS4 and PC, assuming PC has a port of CS 1 and 2 by then.

Top Bottom