• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Even if they were to put it on Vita, I'd say the chance of us getting that version in the West are slim to none, especially when it comes to a physical version (no one should be expecting that). Even assuming that Xseed started work on it right after the Japanese release, we would be looking at late 2018 at the earliest for a Western release, and I do not see Vita having a future that long here beyond companies like LRG pushing out as many physicals as they can. I honestly think that if we should expect it on anything here, it will be PS4 and PC, assuming PC has a port of CS 1 and 2 by then.

I generally only play the JP version so I don't really care about the western version. ┐( ̄∀ ̄)┌

Even if they were to put it on Vita, I'd say the chance of us getting that version in the West are slim to none, especially when it comes to a physical version (no one should be expecting that). Even assuming that Xseed started work on it right after the Japanese release, we would be looking at late 2018 at the earliest for a Western release, and I do not see Vita having a future that long here beyond companies like LRG pushing out as many physicals as they can. I honestly think that if we should expect it on anything here, it will be PS4 and PC, assuming PC has a port of CS 1 and 2 by then.

XSEED released Trails in the Sky SC on PSP in 2015, so I think they'd still do what they can for their fans (though like you said, physical is definitely under question at that point)

incpdo

If Falcom doesn't release Sen III on Vita, I'll blame you and hate you forever. LOL

As far as their Japanese press release goes, Falcom only mentions PS4 version of Ys Origin. Which means there's a good likelihood Ys Origin will be PS4-only for JP-PSN. They've been wanting to ditch Vita for a while now, too.

i have to disagree ,the game was announced in an american event also in the youtube playstation official channel they mentioned vita in the title and the trailer has the vita logo there , so talking about ys origins we are getting this for sure.
Also even the usa blog has an entire article about the game
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/classic-rpg-ys-origin-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-on-february-21-2017/

COWCAT

Neo Member
I'm in the US. Just checked, doesn't show up on PS TV store. On Vita it's at the top of new releases.

Thanks for checking!

Sony's not helping on the matter... In both regions, they just don't understand the problem.
"As far as I know we don’t have a ‘Newest PS TV Releases’ section of the store front – only PS TV Compatible titles."

They're acting as if they don't know you can access a store using the PS TV directly...

i have to disagree ,the game was announced in an american event also in the youtube playstation official channel they mentioned vita in the title and the trailer has the vita logo there , so talking about ys origins we are getting this for sure.
Also even the usa blog has an entire article about the game
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/classic-rpg-ys-origin-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-on-february-21-2017/

l2read

>Japanese press release straight from Falcom
>I also specifically mentioned JP-PSN
>disagrees because US PS Blog says it's going on US-PSN.
LOL

You can view it here:
http://www.falcom.com/kaisya/ir/pdf/161205.pdf

Until they revise that press release or release another one, or confirm it in one of their official channels, there's no announced Vita version for Ys Origin on JP PSN.

incpdo

l2read

>Japanese press release straight from Falcom
>I also specifically mentioned JP-PSN
>disagrees because US PS Blog says it's going on US-PSN.
LOL

You can view it here:
http://www.falcom.com/kaisya/ir/pdf/161205.pdf

Until they revise that press release or release another one, or confirm it in one of their official channels, there's no announced Vita version for Ys Origin on JP PSN.

Ill be the one smiling when i get the game on my american account. So yeah you can Lol all you want! n__n
PD: The press release cannot have typos or missing information , im pretty sure japanese people don't make mistakes. right?

Ill be the one smiling when i get the game on my american account. So yeah you can Lol all you want! n__n
PD: The press release cannot have typos or missing information , im pretty sure japanese people don't make mistakes. right?

I mean sure, you can cling to "what ifs", but like I already said, until they revise that, release another, or confirm through official/semi-official channels, there's no confirmation of a Vita version slated for Japan.

What? You have a trauma from SquareEnix with Typ0 and Bandai Namco with Digimon now that you assume every info has a mistake and typo in it?

also, dat moment when I am somehow forbidden from getting a third PSN account. Or getting it on my other account. LOLOL. I'll finally have some use for that LE Persona Vita that's just gathering some dust on my bed.

incpdo

I mean sure, you can cling to "what ifs", but like I already said, until they revise that, release another, or confirm through official/semi-official channels, there's no confirmation of a Vita version slated for Japan.

What? You have a trauma from SquareEnix with Typ0 and Bandai Namco with Digimon now that you assume every info has a mistake and typo in it?

also, dat moment when I am somehow forbidden from getting a third PSN account. Or getting it on my other account. LOLOL. I'll finally have some use for that LE Persona Vita that's just gathering some dust on my bed.

If you say so it must be that way , yeah sure.

Takao

Banned
Just to clear up any confusion, there's no doubt over whether or not Ys Origin is being ported to Vita. It is. The issue is if it's going to be released in Japan. Given Vita is far less unpopular in Japan than anywhere else, and given Ys Origin is a Japanese game, you'd think that would be a guarantee, but it's not. The PS4 and Vita versions of the game aren't being developed by Falcom. They aren't even being developed in Japan. DotEmu, a French studio, is behind the ports. Falcom has announced a Japanese release of Ys Origin ... only on PS4. That's setting off a few alarm bells because the ports aren't supposed to see a staggered launch. On the optimistic side, maybe that was just a typo? Maybe Falcom is planning a special physical Vita release? On the pessimistic side, maybe the port is so bad that Falcom is embarrassed to release it? Or maybe Ys 8 was the last Vita game Falcom plans on publishing?

RK128

Or maybe Ys 8 was the last Vita game Falcom plans on publishing?

I honestly feel this is the most likely. I say that due to the fact that they want to migrate over fully to the PS4 (as they said as much when talking about Cold Steel 3 if I recall). Not a major deal in all honestly, as they don't have to do much outside of localization work for the Vita version of Ys 8 in NA/EU (if they are even doing that, letting XSEED/Aksys Games deal with that instead).

At the very least though, they did support the Vita with a lot of titles and Ys Origins is coming to the PS Vita (even if they aren't porting it).

RK128

Damn. Would have double dipped, Square-Enix. Do you not want my money?!

Maybe it is the Bamco move; where they are not selling on Vita to get more people to buy the higher-priced version (PS4).

I don't know but maybe this is a typo (....please don't be one....) and we will get 20 corrections about if this is coming to Vita or not.

RK128

They finally have a decent Vita port and now they are not releasing it at all. Not even as a PSN exclusive. What a bummer.

That is what makes this so surprising; it runs well, so why NOT release it?

If they announce the Vita version closer to the NA/EU release I would think they are doing this to secure pre-orders in for the higher-priced (PS4) version. As I just don't see the issue of throwing it on the PSN Store if they don't want to produce retail copies.

I hope Asia comes through.

I wouldn't be shocked honestly, as if it releases in Asia, it will likely have the English subtitles (hopefully). Builders does apparently, so this should if it launches in that region.

That is what makes this so surprising; it runs well, so why NOT release it?

If they announce the Vita version closer to the NA/EU release I would think they are doing this to secure pre-orders in for the higher-priced (PS4) version. As I just don't see the issue of throwing it on the PSN Store if they don't want to produce retail copies.

I wouldn't be shocked honestly, as if it releases in Asia, it will likely have the English subtitles (hopefully). Builders does apparently, so this should if it launches in that region.

Builders in Asia uses the West cover art and was localized in the West digitally. This is not localized in the West and already exists in Asia in Chinese and JP versions. Dont get your hopes up. I emailed square anyway. lets see if they reply.

RK128

Builders in Asia uses the West cover art and was localized in the West digitally. This is not localized in the West and already exists in Asia in Chinese and JP versions. Dont get your hopes up. I emailed square anyway. lets see if they reply.

Thank you for the answer and for sending Square Enix an email about this.

18-Volt

Damn, this could also mean no SaGa in west. Thank god I have already imported the DQH2 vita.

My PS4 just broke and I'm not planning to replace it. If PlayStation is going "PS4 only" then I'm really done with the brand. I will buy every last Vita game released and start to pray that multiplat games will have Switch version.

RK128

Damn, this could also mean no SaGa in west. Thank god I have already imported the DQH2 vita.

My PS4 just broke and I'm not planning to replace it. If PlayStation is going "PS4 only" then I'm really done with the brand. I will buy every last Vita game released and start to pray that multiplat games will have Switch version.

Sorry your PS4 broke man :(.

I get that feeling honestly and while Sony has a great 2017 onward for PS4, it sucks that they just stopped caring about the Vita outright in recent years (though some are trying; third party relations did get Lara Croft GO and some 2K Mobile ports on Vita recently).

RK128

It was about time this thread succumbed to negativity again anyway

Well we should all look at DQ Heroes this way; we were lucky to get DQ Builders and World of FF on the Vita at the very least :).

So much is coming in the future, so missing one game (while it sucks) isn't the end of the world. I was just surprised is all. Just happy Square gave us two fantastic titles this year for the Vita and even got three quality mobile titles (Adventures of Mana, Hitman GO, Lara Croft GO) on Vita as well.

Sorry if I was sour before but I was just surprised is all.

jbueno

Want a new Vita, but it has been pretty hard to find in the States and Mexico. Been eyeing systems from Amazon Japan, wondering if anyone has had any experience ordering from them?

Might as well share this here since someone asked me to do it on Twitter:

CzLmLJqWgAAb5zc.jpg:large

I have a problem. I lovely, lovely problem :)

Shizuka

101. Didn't even know that myself.

Plus HTOL#NIQ and Monster Radar, but I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to flog those.

I got you beat with 112 physical Vita titles. I have a ton of limited editions too, I'd probably have a lot more single releases if not for them.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
**checks personal spreadsheet**

196* physical Vita games... uh... no way.
I honestly hadn't realized I was this high. What will be 200?

*this includes LEs

maouvin

I have 3 physical games and am constantly annoyed deciding which of the two I still play to keep on the Vita.
Physical collection are the sex though.

Ventara

Let's see some pictures people. This is like reading a doujin, but all the images were removed and it's text only.

I could take a picture of all the games, but I could never fit all the limited editions in one picture.

Do it. And you can do multiple pics for the LE.

Shizuka

I'll take a picture at the end of the year, since I have a few incoming games. It'll serve to compare how much it grows by the end of 2017 as well.

101. Didn't even know that myself.

Plus HTOL#NIQ and Monster Radar, but I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to flog those.

I got you beat with 112 physical Vita titles. I have a ton of limited editions too, I'd probably have a lot more single releases if not for them.

**checks personal spreadsheet**

196* physical Vita games... uh... no way.
I honestly hadn't realized I was this high. What will be 200?

*this includes LEs

I think I'm at 183 atm. Just 10 LEs out of those. Don't have Ar no Surge, btw. That's gonna bite me in the arse hard some day.

Top Bottom