• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Chesskid1

Banned
Got my Hori L2/L3 & R2/R3 grip today from Play-Asia and played with it for a while. Great addition for many PS1 games, Remote Play or games like Borderlands 2. Sadly only available for the Slim, but totally worth it. Good stuff!

mine just arrived today, and i'm loving the ergonomics of it, it is really damn comfortable. the plastic of it feels really nice as well compared to my old grip. it's more compact to, which i really like. i haven't used the extra buttons and don't plan to as i have a ton of native vita games to play, but i like having the option in the future.

Was a good read for my breakfast today! KT on Vita is a Love/Hate relationship for me:
I love the huge output they have for the system, but I hate how bad the most of them run.
I love that they are porting every new Atelier game to the plattform, but I hate how they are not giving Gust a better budget to overcome their technical difficulties.
I love that they are bringing many games to retail, but I hate that they are skipping equally much like most of the Ateliers.
I love their past support for english asian physical releases, but I hate how they stopped them after a few.

And so on.

At the end I have pretty much every release from them, besides 1-2 digital only musous. I'm glad, that they brought us so many good games.

Haha, that's a pretty good summary. I was disappointed by them stopping the Asian/English releases too. I don't mind the Atelier framerate issues too much, but I can understand why they're an issue.

I think I own a large amount of Koei-Tecmo games, but I started skipping the musou games just because I was never finding the time to play them lol.

18-Volt

Cool. It'll be a glorious return to series after playing the last game on freaking N-gage.

All I need is Caligula release date. I hope it wouldn't take much of Atlus's time and be out over his summer.

Yesssss. Great summer game, can't wait!

I wonder what the launch plans for Europe are though...

Talisman: Digital Edition is up in Europe. It's quite expensive (€28.49), I didn't expect that.

Crap, that is expensive, that's a wait for a sale game if ever I saw one!

All I need is Caligula release date. I hope it wouldn't take much of Atlus's time and be out over his summer.

Why would you think it wouldn't take much time? It's like a 40+ hour RPG?

18-Volt

Why would you think it wouldn't take much time? It's like a 40+ hour RPG?

There are more 500 different recruitable characters in the game and that means tons of text to be translated. And yes, it's pretty long, somewhere between 50-60 hours. Atlus also has other projects in hand (Valkyria Revolution, Utawarerumono duology, Yakuza Kiwami, Etrian Odyssey 5) so it's reasonable to expect a late release date. I'm hoping for summer but won't be surprised if they announce a fall release date.

OT, sounds like God Wars is delayed again. I'm really hoping that these subsequent delays will eventually make the game better than expected. It's a Kadokawa in house title, only examples out there are Natural Doctrine and Earth Seeker.

Not bothered by this kinda stuff, but nice to hear that's happening. If this game could get through without censoring, maybe there is hope for Gun Gun Pixies coming west after all.

OT: Frogger dev has been approved for Vita:

https://twitter.com/frogglergame/status/838884028363255808

(FYI, this is the team that were working on Upside Down Dimensions, a very cool papercraft-esque game that is apparently still planned for Vita).

And Salt & Sanctuary is being resubmitted for Vita cert in 2 days:

https://twitter.com/Jamezila/status/838969792782479360

Do you guys know any places that have DOAX3 Asian/English in stock? It's out of stock in my two go-to stores (Play-Asia/Buygame2) and I'm worried I've missed the boat.

Have you tried HeavyArm?

I tweeted them about it, haven't gotten a response yet.

Your best bet would be Ebay.

Try Mariio128.

Mariio is eBay right?

I wonder if any of the normal stores will get a restock. I'll snoop around a bit. Thanks for the help.

OT: Why Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash isn't on Vita:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/07/senran-kagura-producer-opens-new-studio-honey-parade-games/

The reason they went with the PS4 for Peach Beach Splash is because Takaki realized the PS4 can present a “see-through” look from wet clothing. That’s the reason it’s only on PlayStation 4, as it can’t be represented the same way on PS Vita

I tweeted them about it, haven't gotten a response yet.

Almost 9PM right now in Malaysia too. But the best way to contact them in my experience is through email.

I've ordered 4 times from them myself, btw, and while I had to wait quite a bit for my last order to ship, all went great.

Almost 9PM right now in Malaysia too. But the best way to contact them in my experience is through email.

I've ordered 4 times from them myself, btw, and while I had to wait quite a bit for my last order to ship, all went great.

They tweeted me back, thanks. It's $59 so I'm gonna have to think about it lol, that's a lot steeper than I expected.

They tweeted me back, thanks. It's $59 so I'm gonna have to think about it lol, that's a lot steeper than I expected.

I feel like Heavy Arm definitely have gotten increasingly aware that they are one of the few options people have to get some desirably Vita games. I have the impression that their online, international business has exploded over the past year too, so it would make sense from a business point of view to take advantage of that. At the same time dealing with them has been more pleasant to me so far than dealing with Play-Asia for example. I've never tried that Mario eBay vendor, btw, they might be great.

Takao

Banned
Anyone else noticed something really strange is going on with PSN ratings for games? Releases that I know for a fact had thousands of ratings have been knocked down to a few hundred (or even a few dozen) with the scores going from the generic "I bought this, so it can't be bad 5/5" to a mixed 3/5.

Compare the Google cache for Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce Special to its current version.

ZNK9QSL.png

0sfEZxR.png

(I noticed this because I found out Konami is removing Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce 6 from Japanese PSN at the end of this month and saw far fewer ratings than I remembered it having. Didn't use it for the screenshots because the cache doesn't look nice.)

Binding of Isaac got clobbered:
ErOzm8e.png

ZifNKRx.png

I have to say I love the english packaging most versions from Singapore/Malaysia have to offer. Also many games have no rating stuff whatsoever. Total clean box arts. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 for example, the Hongkong version, Mario128 and Play-Asia are selling, is mostly in chinese (with a rating logo aswell).

If you don't care for that stuff there are certanly cheapier solutions out there besides Heavy Arm Store. Mario128 is great.

mollipen

Do you guys know any places that have DOAX3 Asian/English in stock? It's out of stock in my two go-to stores (Play-Asia/Buygame2) and I'm worried I've missed the boat.

I literally asked the same thing a short while ago. Mariio128 was one of the suggestion, and it went great. Good price via eBay and shocked at how fast I got it compared to what I was expecting.

Pretty sure I paid $45 shipped for my copy, but looks like his eBay lot is out of stock now. (Oh, looks like his site might be cheaper? Even better.)

Ephidel

I mean, I was expecting another delay but May is quite far away. And there's now a very real chance my Royal Mail "pay us" notice will arrive while I'm not home and while I might be able to get a neighbour to take in a package they're not going to be able to pay customs on my behalf because Royal Mail will shove a slip through the door and that will be that. I wonder how long they hold them. I might have to contact the post office in advance.
Argh, now I get to spend months fretting over this :(

Saphirax

I mean, I was expecting another delay but May is quite far away. And there's now a very real chance my Royal Mail "pay us" notice will arrive while I'm not home and while I might be able to get a neighbour to take in a package they're not going to be able to pay customs on my behalf because Royal Mail will shove a slip through the door and that will be that. I wonder how long they hold them. I might have to contact the post office in advance.
Argh, now I get to spend months fretting over this :(

Where did you order the game from? Certain sites mark down your orders so that you won't have to pay customs.

18-Volt

Summon Night 6 has been delayed to May 23rd. Will also come with an unannounced preorder bonus.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5373-summon-night-6-lost-borders-delayed-to-may-english-screenshots

Damn, no God Wars, no Summon Night, no Akiba's Beat, April is going to be one boring month. I want to say "yay, more time to focus on Persona 5" but I'll probably be done with it in just of couple of days.

At least May has Operation Babel and Mary Skelter.

These delays will make localization companies reconsider this new trend of "announce localization same time with initial reveal" thing. Both God Wars and Akiba's Beat have been delayed multiple times and they're making XSEED and NISA's job harder.

Saphirax

Damn, no God Wars, no Summon Night, no Akiba's Beat, April is going to be one boring month. I want to say "yay, more time to focus on Persona 5" but I'll probably be done with it in just of couple of days.

At least May has Operation Babel and Mary Skelter.

These delays will make localization companies reconsider this new trend of "announce localization same time with initial reveal" thing. Both God Wars and Akiba's Beat have been delayed multiple times and they're making XSEED and NISA's job harder.

Mary Skelter isn't releasing in May. Current placeholder date is in September.

I ordered the WE from Gaijinworks during the preorder period. Vic doesn't mark stuff down.

Yikes :/. It's a shame we didn't get to know in advance that VGP would be selling some.

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds launches May 16 in North America, May 19 in Europe.

I got several games from that seller in the past, but it was through his/her eBay store.

May 19th for Hakuouki, June 6th for Operation Babel and then there are placeholders for Period Cube and Utawarerumono. So many games~.

Shizuka

May 19th for Hakuouki, July 6th for Operation Babel and then there are placeholders for Period Cube and Utawarerumono. So many games~.

And May for Summon Night 6. And June for Cladun Returns and Tokyo Xanadu. Operation Babel is May/June as well, IIRC.

Cornbread78

I literally asked the same thing a short while ago. Mariio128 was one of the suggestion, and it went great. Good price via eBay and shocked at how fast I got it compared to what I was expecting.

Pretty sure I paid $45 shipped for my copy, but looks like his eBay lot is out of stock now. (Oh, looks like his site might be cheaper? Even better.)

My last post just a little bit higher up on this page.

Oh.

Sounds pretty good then.

Might have to bite on DOAx

Is Operation Babel Limited Edition a NISA store exclusive?

Yep, same with all the other LEs they currently have up at the moment. I would honestly expect LEs to remain exclusive to them from now on, guess they didn't like how Yomawari, Psycho Pass and Grand Kingdom panned out as those were the last non exclusives they did.

i-Jest

Yep, same with all the other LEs they currently have up at the moment. I would honestly expect LEs to remain exclusive to them from now on, guess they didn't like how Yomawari, Psycho Pass and Grand Kingdom panned out as those were the last non exclusives they did.

Ugh, would I dare let myself get hit by brokerage fees from UPS? *sighs*

Videogame Plus save me.

Top Bottom