• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Summon Night 6 has been delayed to May 23rd. Will also come with an unannounced preorder bonus.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5373-summon-night-6-lost-borders-delayed-to-may-english-screenshots

People were crazy for thinking this was going to release later this month, when preorders (PS4 at least) just went up for retailers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it somehow got pushed again.

Mary Skelter isn't releasing in May. Current placeholder date is in September.

I would expect this to end up being close to the final date for it. IFI is pretty solid when it comes to their release dates matching their placeholders, that and they did say summer for it. This is probably one of the most text heavy games they've done, same for dubbing, if it actually gets a full dub.

Shizuka

Japanese sales of Disgaea 5 and I Am Setsuna on Switch show that it's still too soon for japanese developers to ditch the Vita.

Takao

Banned
Japanese sales of Disgaea 5 and I Am Setsuna on Switch show that it's still too soon for japanese developers to ditch the Vita.

If Japanese sales were the only things that mattered, Senran Kagura PBS and Trails of Cold Steel III wouldn't be "PS4 exclusive" (until a PC port).

As Takao says, I suspect this means just further expansion into Steam/the west for these IP's.

It does present an interesting situation where certain IP's potentially are losing their market with the decline and eventual death of Vita. Seems Disgaea is the first victim, although that was struggling on PS4 anyway, I suspect a Vita port would've done significantly better than this Switch port in terms of recouping sales from a late port (in Japan). But how important is Japan for Disgaea anyway?

Falcom and Marvelous already think Trails and Senran Kagura probably need to continue expanding in the west too, which I wouldn't say was a bad move, although obviously disappointing for me as a fan.

I suspect we'll see Compile Heart struggle to get their nicher IP's elsewhere without Vita, but it's going to be interesting to see what happens with everyone else. For example, I see no reason Atelier won't have an audience match with Switch, but Rorona Plus on 3DS didn't paint a good starting picture.

Shizuka

If Japanese sales were the only things that mattered, Senran Kagura PBS and Trails of Cold Steel III wouldn't be "PS4 exclusive" (until a PC port).

As Takao says, I suspect this means just further expansion into Steam/the west for these IP's.

It does present an interesting situation where certain IP's potentially are losing their market with the decline and eventual death of Vita. Seems Disgaea is the first victim, although that was struggling on PS4 anyway, I suspect a Vita port would've done significantly better than this Switch port in terms of recouping sales from a late port (in Japan). But how important is Japan for Disgaea anyway?

Falcom and Marvelous already think Trails and Senran Kagura probably need to continue expanding in the west too, which I wouldn't say was a bad move, although obviously disappointing for me as a fan.

I suspect we'll see Compile Heart struggle to get their nicher IP's elsewhere without Vita, but it's going to be interesting to see what happens with everyone else. For example, I see no reason Atelier won't have an audience match with Switch, but Rorona Plus on 3DS didn't paint a good starting picture.

Senran Kagura did decent on PS4 and Trails of Cold Steel is a decision of Falcom moving all franchises to the PS4. The Switch is still unproven as being a good platform for Vita franchises.

Senran Kagura did decent on PS4 and Trails of Cold Steel is a decision of Falcom moving all franchises to the PS4. The Switch is still unproven as being a good platform for Vita franchises.

I mean, Senran Kagura (in Japan) got less than half of its sales on PS4 and sales as a whole were down compared to the previous entry. I wouldn't even say it did decent, but obviously they've committed at this point.

Same with Falcom. Tokyo Xanadu didn't do much and I suspect Ys will do even less. I hope ToCS works out for them and the dedicated fanbase come on board for it.

what did people think of Caligula? except from its premise i haven't heard a single thing about the game.

Ryuzaki (Twitter/Wordpress user I follow) liked the game, he said there are major performance issues with it and it can get a bit repetitive, but he said he was fun and he enjoyed playing it.

He seems to have similar tastes to me, so that's good enough for me!

What an epic week, 3 huge SRPG's, all on handhelds: Utawarerumono, Summon Night 6 and Fire Emblem. And there is God Wars launching next month. As a huge SRPG fan I'll be very happy this year. I wish Square joined the party too.

Next month for God Wars? I think you mean late June, as it was delayed another 3 months here.

Also the preorder page went up for Summon Night on Amazon. Seems they're charging a premium for it.

18-Volt

what did people think of Caligula? except from its premise i haven't heard a single thing about the game.

FF12 style combat + a lot to do (500 recruitable party members!). If you're on of those completionist RPG maniacs like me, you'll have tons of fun.

Next month for God Wars? I think you mean late June, as it was delayed another 3 months here.

Also the preorder page went up for Summon Night on Amazon. Seems they're charging a premium for it.

I meant next month for may, not for now.

Quixzlizx

I pre-ordered Utawarerumono through Best Buy during the Visa Checkout promotion. I wonder if those copies will be the first-print versions, since the game's website only shows Gamestop and Amazon.

I wouldn't rule out the Switch for taking the torch, yet. Don't forget that it launched with Zelda and not everyone buys several fullprice 100 hour epics at launch. NISA might be on to something releasing D5 a few months later in US and Europe. Actually, I could imagine games such as Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Heroes and then later on SMT, exclusive game by the Senran Team as well as regular SRPG Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter drawing in that audience bit by bit. It's a transition, not a jump off seeing as the Vita still has a reasonable amount of games for that audience coming out.

Disclaimer: I own both devices and still have many games on PS Vita on preorder watch as well as still playing through my backlog. Seeing my gaming tastes, I might be the outlier but I think I am the audience for both and will be ready for Switch taking over in certain genres. Maybe.

i-Jest

I pre-ordered Utawarerumono through Best Buy during the Visa Checkout promotion. I wonder if those copies will be the first-print versions, since the game's website only shows Gamestop and Amazon.

I think that's likely to be the case. Once the first print run with bonuses run out then retailers start selling the standard copies. That's what experience tells me.

Cornbread78

Because why not - The Caligula Effect is out May 2nd in both EU and Americas.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/caligula-effect-launches-may-2-americas-europe

tumblr_nsvul79Z9o1s3h43ko1_500.gif

Fady K

Sorry I took forever guys! Many updates to go all around. Despite the Switch's arrival, this little guy still has some life left in it. On till the last day, we go :) Here's a large round of updates for you all to enjoy (note - sorry if any of the stuff below has already been brought up, I tried to keep the news updates tied to more recent stuff):

* Blue Reflection - Vita version trailer. Gust's JRPG hits Japan on March 30. English trophies popped up recently for this too.
cHavcvD.jpg

* Musou Stars Koei Tecmo's all star musou game is hitting Japan on March 30, the latest trailer features the main antagonist from the lovely PS4 action game, Nioh.
Musou-Stars-Trailer_02-20-17.jpg

* Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary New screens! Out in Japan this year:
Itadaki-Street-DQ-FF_02-22-17_002.jpg

Itadaki-Street-DQ-FF_02-22-17_004.jpg

Itadaki-Street-DQ-FF_02-22-17_013.jpg

Itadaki-Street-DQ-FF_02-22-17_016.jpg

Itadaki-Street-DQ-FF_02-22-17_018.jpg

Itadaki-Street-DQ-FF_02-22-17_019.jpg

* Accel World VS. Sword Art Online - Vita version trailer.. Out this summer in English.
AW-VS-SAO-PSV-First-Gameplay.jpg

AW-VS-SAO-PV4.jpg

Accel-World-VS-SAO_02-23-17_001.jpg

Accel-World-VS-SAO_02-23-17_003.jpg

Accel-World-VS-SAO_02-23-17_008.jpg

Accel-World-VS-SAO_02-23-17_010.jpg

Accel-World-VS-SAO_02-23-17_019.jpg

* Exile Election - New trailer for NIS's death adventure game, out in Japan on April 27.
ofoV96t.jpg

* Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - Most of you Vita gamers likely played through the masterpiece that is Virtue's Last Reward. For those who missed it, then you're in for a TREAT with this game, which contains it's previously Nintendo DS-only prequel, 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. Here's a quick look before the game releases in English on March 24th (in NA), and Q4 2017 (in Europe).
GSZRRfGl.jpg

* Gun Gun Pixies - Here's a 10 minute gameplay video from Compile Heart's upcoming 3rd person shooter (from the developer of Bullet Girls), out in Japan on April 27.
Gun-Gun-Pixies-Gameplay_03-02-17.jpg

* Deemo: The Last Recital has been added to the list. Available over a year ago in asian regions, the rhythm game will finally hit North American and European (digital) shores. Here's a trailer.
yUaBL6m.jpg

* Ys Origin For those who missed the new release date, it is now May 30. In the meantime, enjoy a trailer.
Ys-Origin-PV_02-08-17.jpg

WIi9nIW.jpg

* God Wars: Future Past New trailer. The game has been delayed to June 16 (Europe) and 20 (NA).
God-Wars-Future-Past-Delayed-June-Japan.jpg

God-Wars-Future-Past-Delay-June-NA-EU.jpg

* Dungeon Travelers 2-2 - Aquaplus' dungeon RPG is out in Japan on April 20. New screens:
Dungeon-Travelers-2-2_02-23-17_001.jpg

Dungeon-Travelers-2-2_02-23-17_002.jpg

Dungeon-Travelers-2-2_02-23-17_004.jpg

* Akiba's Beat on the Vita has been delayed to April 27 in Japan.
Akibas-Beat-PSV-Delayed_02-14-17.jpg

* Tokyo Tattoo Girls - added to the list. Coming from NIS America, developed by Sushi Typhoon. Trailer here.
BvJVphm.jpg

* Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - added to the list. Coming from NIS America this summer. Trailer here.
DDP7e43.jpg

* Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - For the few of you who missed it, NIS America is localizing this for fall 2017! Limited edition available too!
bE4OxOS.jpg

Ys-8-West-Ann.jpg

* Chroma Squad - Vita version canceled, you'll still be able to play this on consoles when it comes out soon.
Dzw9qet.jpg

* Death Mark launches on June 1 in Japan. Here's a trailer of Experience's horror game.
7ONFhH8.jpg

Death-Mark-Dated-June-1-Japan.jpg

* Omega Labyrinth Z - A new roguelike RPG from D3 publisher out in July 6 in Japan.
1LcfPeu.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth-Z_Fami-shot_02-03-17_003-600x338.jpg

* Tokyo Xanadu will hit North America on June 30, with the European release not too far behind.
Tokyo-Xanadu-Vita-Dated.jpg

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds - Launching physically and digitally in NA (June 16) and Europe (June 19), thanks to Idea Factory International.
ZKlYN1R.jpg

Hakuoki-Kyoto-Winds-Dated-May.jpg

* Summon Night 6: Lost Borders - Out in English (North America)on May 23 and soon after in other regions, big thanks to Gaijinworks!
Summon-Night-6-Lost-Borders_2017_03-07-17_003.jpg_600.jpg

* Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception - thanks to Atlus, this comes out physically (NA only) and digitally on May 23rd. Trailer here.
Utawarerumono-Mask-Deception-Dated-US-EU.jpg

Ily Fady <3

Love you too bro! Missed this thread and wanted to work on many updates. Enjoy ^____^

ohhhh good ol' Fady! i love this updates , im excited for quite a few of these games. especially for utawarerumono , i don't know what is it about this game is casting a strong summon spell for my wallet .

Thanks bro! Enjoy the new update as well ;D Utawarerumono has lovely art, I'm interested in the visual novel side of the game in particular!

So happy to admit I was very, very wrong about this. NISA stepping in to save the day.

For anyone who missed it (and if Fady wants to update the OP!), this was the Vita news from the NISA press conference.

New announcements:

- Ys VIII, physical/digital
- Tokyo Tattoo Girls, digital and possibly physical according to Atlus' website
- Touhou Kobuto V, digital-only

Release dates:

- Operation Abyss; Cladun in June; DanganRonpa in September.

Thanks for all this bro, all added up!

Saphirax

Sorry I took forever guys! Many updates to go all around. Despite the Switch's arrival, this little guy still has some life left in it. On till the last day, we go :) Here's a large round of updates for you all to enjoy (note - sorry if any of the stuff below has already been brought up, I tried to keep the news updates tied to more recent stuff):

Nice update! However, Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds is May, not June.

redcrayon

Thanks for the update Fady!

Quite a summer for the Vita. With the exception of a list of indie games as long as my arm that we don't have much info on, virtually everything I'm interested in seems to be releasing between May and September this year.

Fucking May.

Seriously, why unload all your Vita games at once publishers? Lol. Gonna have to prioritize. I think it's Summon Night and Utawarerumono for me. Hakuouki will have to come later... but I really want to support IFI to bring more otome across. Ugh.

Caligula I know I'll love, but I'll wait on it since it's digital only.

Then Tokyo Xanadu in June, it just never stops.

I wonder if we'll get any more Asian-English Bamco games this year. Super Robot Wars V seems to be the last one that we know of. I've been quite enjoying getting them. Still smarts that we're not getting physical Accel World, but oh well.

Also, nice update Fady, yay!

Saphirax

Fucking May.

Seriously, why unload all your Vita games at once publishers? Lol. Gonna have to prioritize. I think it's Summon Night and Utawarerumono for me. Hakuouki will have to come later... but I really want to support IFI to bring more otome across. Ugh.

Caligula I know I'll love, but I'll wait on it since it's digital only.

Then Tokyo Xanadu in June, it just never stops.

I wonder if we'll get any more Asian-English Bamco games this year. Super Robot Wars V seems to be the last one that we know of. I've been quite enjoying getting them. Still smarts that we're not getting physical Accel World, but oh well.

Also, nice update Fady, yay!

Look at it this way - Hakuoki is only for the vita. SN6 and Utawarerumono are also on ps4. Hakuoki needs the sales! :p

Some english gameplay from Atelier Firis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlNNjHQsDw

Please tell me there is something wrong with the video, because the framerate looks abysmal. Even for a Vita port from Gust.

Nope. The game has issues even on ps4.

Some english gameplay from Atelier Firis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlNNjHQsDw

Please tell me there is something wrong with the video, because the framerate looks abysmal. Even for a Vita port from Gust.

It's been known for a while that the framerate is terrible. Gust games on Vita already chugged and this one is open world.

Watch the first 25s of this trailer. That's an official trailer that Gust used to promote the game. Rofl.

(They were awarded with the sales they deserved for this game in Japan, btw, since it bombed on Vita and did pretty poorly on PS4 too. I'm sure it's a great step forward for the series, but it needed another 6 months in optimization).

Look at it this way - Hakuoki is only for the vita. SN6 and Utawarerumono are also on ps4. Hakuoki needs the sales! :p

Ha. Hakuouki is the only one of them I can buy locally (rest would have to be imports), so maybe you're right.

Equally, buying Utawarerumono might convince Atlus to bring DT2-2 west; and buying Summon Night 6 might convince Vic to bring more Vita stuff west, so there's lots at stake. I'll just have to get all of them,

I'm used to low framerates for the Atelier ports, but this seems to be a new low then. I can't justify to spend money on this one anymore, I'm really sick of it. And I love the series. If there is one series out there desperately needing more polish it's the Atelier series. But Gust being Gust and realising one game each year nothing will ever change I'm afraid. Hopefully the low sales are a warning for them.

Shizuka

Chesskid1

Banned
Play-Asia has a two for 19,99$ or "free gift" offer:
http://www.play-asia.com/dokuro-multi-language-edition/13/704v6t

You can add the free game beneath Dokuro, which is part of the offer aswell.

This way you can get some english Asia Vita exclusives like Dokuro or Airship Q. Odins Sphere, Persona 4: DAN or some asian Limited Editions like for HDN Rebirth3 are also worth it for the price!

holy shit, what a fantastic deal

picked up odin sphere and dokuro for like $11 each shipped /w GEMATSU, all the other english stuff i owned and not into japanese stuff (dat $20 hyperdimension LE tho)

Vic_Viper

Just ordered a Vita (JPN Import) from Amazon. Mainly got it for all the PS1 classics.

Can the Vita remote play PS2 classics on my PS3?

Also, aside from the Persona series, are there any other SMT games I can get for it? Did Caligula get pretty good feedback in Japan?

mollipen

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't at all see this deal on Play Asia. For example, if I go to the Dokuro page, none of that "Free gift" stuff is showing up.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't at all see this deal on Play Asia. For example, if I go to the Dokuro page, none of that "Free gift" stuff is showing up.

It was showing for me a minute ago then I went to checkout and the price was wrong.
I can't see the deal now. Maybe it's dead?

Edit: Damn. Oh well.

Top Bottom