• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

The airdrops just keep coming today on Vita island:

At this stage, although the announcements still make me happy, they're tinged with a sadness that there's very little chance of the Vita versions coming over if they ever release in the west, so it's a double-edged sword I guess.

At least the El Shaddai game is by Kadokawa who might partner with PQube giving it a chance I suppose.

edit: Can I also just add how hilarious it is that a game entitled "Our world is ended" is coming to Vita at this point at its life. Would've been even more amused if Compile Heart had made it.

18-Volt

And the Vita games keep on coming. "The Lost Child" from El Shaddai devs/Kadokawa announced for PS4/Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/el-shaddai-director-announces-turn-based-rpg-lost-child-ps4-ps-vita

This and Zanki Zero will make NISA pretty busy next year. IF Aksys fails to act quick and grab Zanki localization.

I can't believe in 2018, 6th year of the system, we still will be getting some great stuff: Digimon Hackers Memory, A Certain magical Virtual On, Zanki Zero and now this.

Since Chaos;Child seems to be coming... do I need to play Chaos;Head before?

As I understand it, the events of Chaos;Head pretty much act as the backstory of Chaos;Child. However, the cast of the game is all-new and the protagonist doesn't know what happened in Chaos;Head beyond the surface level. So everything you need to know would be explained, at the very least (playing Chaos;Head gives you, the reader, knowledge that the protagonist does not, and likely serves to mess with your expectations). I guess you'd probably miss out on some references, though.

However, I'm not sure how badly Chaos;Child would spoil Chaos;Head, so if you do want to experience Chaos;Head I would say to definitely give it a go first if you can. BUT DON'T WATCH THE ANIME

Zhao_Yun

As I understand it, the events of Chaos;Head pretty much act as the backstory of Chaos;Child. However, the cast of the game is all-new and the protagonist doesn't know what happened in Chaos;Head beyond the surface level. So everything you need to know would be explained, at the very least (playing Chaos;Head gives you, the reader, knowledge that the protagonist does not, and likely serves to mess with your expectations). I guess you'd probably miss out on some references, though.

However, I'm not sure how badly Chaos;Child would spoil Chaos;Head, so if you do want to experience Chaos;Head I would say to definitely give it a go first if you can. BUT DON'T WATCH THE ANIME

I actually watched the anime years ago, but it was so bad that I literally can't rememeber anything. Might need to play the VN once I find the time. Thanks!

Jimrpg

I find the quality gets significantly worse the further you get into the game.

Really? In what way?

Once Sully showed up the game got a whole lot more interesting and doesn't really let up till the end. The new characters to start the game didn't really do anything for me so it was kinda boring for me.

And I thought technically speaking the part where Nate descends into the cave was really awesome and showed how the Vita could do really large areas and also I recall the canoe stuff was really sweet too. Though it's been about 5 years since I played it.

Of course it's probably all been surpassed by Killzone now anyway but at the time it was pretty cool.

Crossposting...

German GAF:

4U2P has many Vita games for 9,99€:

https://www.4u2play.de/search?sSearch=ps vita&p=1&n=48&o=3
Do they post internationally?

They ship to Italy, France, Luxembourg and Austria. But it costs 7€ with DPD.

No shipping costs for Germany if you are above 20€, though.

Crossposting...

German GAF:

4U2P has many Vita games for 9,99€:

Decent. Would buy but I'm not a fan of the ugly USK labels.

I hope this doesn't mean they're doing a clearance of Vita games though.

Really? In what way?

Once Sully showed up the game got a whole lot more interesting and doesn't really let up till the end. The new characters to start the game didn't really do anything for me so it was kinda boring for me.

And I thought technically speaking the part where Nate descends into the cave was really awesome and showed how the Vita could do really large areas and also I recall the canoe stuff was really sweet too. Though it's been about 5 years since I played it.

Of course it's probably all been surpassed by Killzone now anyway but at the time it was pretty cool.

Ah yeah, maybe I'm remembering it wrong, it's been a long time. The cave stuff was definitely impressive and I screenshotted it a lot. I just have a vague memory of the starting areas being very impressive and they got steadily worse as it went on.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Just an update on the FataVita situation, folks. Work has kept me rather busy...

Of course nothing is confirmed. Novectacle met with a couple publishers, as was made pretty clear by Twitter back-and-forth.

As I posted in the main The House in Fata Morgana OT, it is now all up to...

fatafather.png

Could be the start of something very exciting
for my memory card

My hype is exploding.

All DoubleFine Vita games from LRG, PLZ!

i-Jest

Just an update on the FataVita situation, folks. Work has kept me rather busy...

Of course nothing is confirmed. Novectacle met with a couple publishers, as was made pretty clear by Twitter back-and-forth.

As I posted in the main The House in Fata Morgana OT, it is now all up to...

fatafather.png

My hype is exploding.

All DoubleFine Vita games from LRG, PLZ!

I really hope this game will be released on Vita in the West. Sadly I've lost hope of seeing Saga Scarlet Grace on Vita over here.

Aokage

I really hope this game will be released on Vita in the West. Sadly I've lost hope of seeing Saga Scarlet Grace on Vita over here.

I have a strong suspicion Scarlet Grace will be ported to Switch. It cost a great deal of money and underperformed. A localization on that platform could happen.

PQube is definitely announcing Chaos;Child at MCM Comic Con this weekend. Thanks Gematsu for the heads-up!

Very cool.

Saphirax

I have a strong suspicion Scarlet Grace will be ported to Switch. It cost a great deal of money and underperformed. A localization on that platform could happen.

Very cool.

Just Switch? That's be terribly disappointing. At least make it ps4 as well :p.

I'm fully expecting it to be ported elsewhere but I'd be bummed if it only came across on the new platform(s).

Yet I fully expect it to happen too.

Pata

PQube is definitely announcing Chaos;Child at MCM Comic Con this weekend. Thanks Gematsu for the heads-up!
Steins;Gate 0 was going to be revealed at MCM last year before the Spanish listings appeared, right? It seems this time they aren't going to reveal that earlier than expected.

Shizuka

Steins;Gate 0 was going to be revealed at MCM last year before the Spanish listings appeared, right? It seems this time they aren't going to reveal that earlier than expected.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, only three days left.

Saphirax

1) Going to download it
2) I know that, but I recall reading in this thread I think that Tokyo Xanadu wasn't well received in Japan

Falcom's younger staff worked on the game - so it's not on the same level as Trails but the game is still good. The ps4 version also added quite a bit of content that made the game better.

sibarraz

Banned
Falcom's younger staff worked on the game - so it's not on the same level as Trails but the game is still good. The ps4 version also added quite a bit of content that made the game better.

I'm considering double dippiing, it is worthy? at least to beat the game 2 times?

Saphirax

I'm considering double dippiing, it is worthy? at least to beat the game 2 times?

Yes. Gameplay was rebalanced, more difficulty options, more playable characters, new side stories and an after story. There's also new dungeons and apparently a new enemy type.

Aokage

Just Switch? That's be terribly disappointing. At least make it ps4 as well :p.

It's Unity; theoretically it could come to anything. The fact it won't run on PS TV/Vita TV for no reason whatsoever (despite Kawazu's claim it won't run because "they're pushing Vita to the max"...trust me, it runs just fine on a whitelisted PS TV) does perhaps point to an eventual PS4 port. Hmm. PS4/Switch/mobile perhaps...

i-Jest

I'd have no problem with a localization aimed at Switch but just throw us a bone and give it to me on Vita too. ;_;

Shiz has already cottoned on to this, but Josh (from LRG) is taking suggestions on Twitter of titles for them to localize.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/865747895223504896

Plus he adds that they're well aware of Fata Morgana.

Gonna tweet him then.

Jimrpg

Hello, i can confirm there is no re print for the Vita Version.

This was posted in the Superbeat Xonic OT, for anyone that missed it, grab your copy if you're still interested in the game. Ozgameshop/365games still has some PAL copies left.

Is Grand Kingdom good?

Thinking on buying the collector's edition

Also the same question with Tokyo Xanadu

I was a little bit disappointed with Grand Kingdom. It was really close to being a great game, it just needed a better story and better overall structure to the single player campaign to keep me invested in playing longer. The gameplay and artstyle are on a Vanillaware level and what drew me to the game.

There's a pretty hefty multiplayer component (which I believe is how the game is really meant to be played) where you join one of the four warring nations and battle one of the other three sides, if I recall correctly you play other player's AI. There's a lot of single player missions, but the story is really throwaway and uninteresting.

But you should definitely check out a let's play to see what the full game is like and/or try the demo.

I'm also trying to decide on Tokyo Xanadu but whether to get the PS4 version or the Vita version, as the PS4 version is meant to have added content.

Yes. Gameplay was rebalanced, more difficulty options, more playable characters, new side stories and an after story. There's also new dungeons and apparently a new enemy type.

I wish this was in the Vita version, now its really difficult to decide which version to go for. I'm guessing they want to get it to market as soon as possible so they've dropped all the extra stuff. Maybe if its still a lengthy game ill be happy with the vanilla and just get the Vita version.

i-Jest

Am I really going to consider picking up Superbeat Xonic, to avoid potentially kicking myself later? *sighs* Yeah, I'll hunt down a copy.

Soooo who is saddened by the news of Playstation Now service coming to an end soon?

Top Bottom