• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

i-Jest

Look at all these DRPG's of recent years. Now we have Demon Gaze, Stranger of Sword City, Stranger of Sword City Revisited, Operation Abyss, and recently Operation Babel. No confirmation of Demon Gaze 2 coming wester ward, which has me worried at this point. Is there truly no hope of Labyrinth Cross Blood making it over now that we have Operation Abyss/Babel?

18-Volt

let's not go nuts

depends what you're into. this year could be pretty good.

These comments contradict each other. First of all there is no way they're skipping that Minecraft clone. And out of all their other options, Exile Election sounds most plausible, as it's also coming for PS4. And it's a pretty interesting title.

Other than these two, as Shizuka said, there might be more garbage Toho games as Play Doujin, for some reason, is pushing for their western release.

autoduelist

Look at all these DRPG's of recent years. Now we have Demon Gaze, Stranger of Sword City, Stranger of Sword City Revisited, Operation Abyss, and recently Operation Babel. No confirmation of Demon Gaze 2 coming wester ward, which has me worried at this point. Is there truly no hope of Labyrinth Cross Blood making it over now that we have Operation Abyss/Babel?

I hope we get more. I'm falling a bit behind on them [still have Ray Gigant, MeiQ, and Babel to get through!] but I'll always buy more.

I'm enjoying the game too. It's kind of simplistic in an arcadey way, but if you give yourself over to it, it's got a lot to offer. I don't mind the enemies that like to fly 'behind you'... dodging and dealing with them is part of the challenge [missiles work wonders]. I really like the invincibility frames between ship switching, makes for a nice dodge.

I've finished the first 3 or 4 worlds, and gotten the trophies for the first two survival stages [1 was easy, the second was a pain]... but in doing so, have found once you gel with the game it's much better than it first seemed.

Shizuka

Really? Amazon Canadá has it on retail price. I've been half wanting to play the game, but I'm in no rush and Altus games don't go out of print as easily as they used to. I mean, VGP reprinted their ds and psp games not too long ago.

I wonder if there's a canadian soul in here willing to help a friend out big time!

it might happen if it's switch/ps4.

Ugh, I don't think they're porting that game a fourth time.

Muv-Luv PSVita status update.

PS Vita Status

We also apologize for the lack of news on the PS Vita front.

After the release of the first Muv-Luv game, developer resources were shifted to the PS Vita port. While we were working on the Muv-Luv PS Vita release, Muv-Luv Alternative's PC development demanded more attention from the developers than expected. Doing the PC and PS Vita port simultaneously means the team will struggle with fixing bugs back and forth between two entirely different platforms.

In order to bring you a high quality product, we decided to prioritize the PC release of Muv-Luv Alternative. This will allow the developers to give their full attention to both Vita ports, ensuring their release meets with our quality standards.. It is also in our best interest to bring your physical rewards to your doorsteps as soon as possible, and we assure everyone that this is the fastest route possible.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1859716

Kind of unrelated to upcoming games, but I've been cracking into Darkest Dungeon on my Vita and it requires using the back touch pads to switch characters. Wouldn't be a problem except I have no IDEA how to make it work right. Luckily it still sort of works but I have to do some serious swiping to get it to work. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong with this?

Joe Molotov

33b1786edfc6e7aecbf404ce41a14eca1495185955_full.jpg

A cat is fine too?

redcrayon

Kind of unrelated to upcoming games, but I've been cracking into Darkest Dungeon on my Vita and it requires using the back touch pads to switch characters. Wouldn't be a problem except I have no IDEA how to make it work right. Luckily it still sort of works but I have to do some serious swiping to get it to work. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong with this?
I found this a problem too. Luckily you can disable it. Dig into the settings and change it to being tap on the lower left/right corners of the front touch screen instead. The Vita interface for it is still a bit fiddly and unintuitive to me, but at lease you can customise the default controls.

Shizuka

I really do need help from someone based in Canada, because Shipito won't work and I don't know any other courier service that could send me a package from Canada.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Heh, people seem to be enjoying my fantasy PSTV "Featured" screen in honor of Bit Summit:

In addition, Keika Hanada, author/director of The House in Fata Morgana and novectacle president, is in Kyoto as of now:

Who else is in Kyoto? Reps from every conceivable publisher that would take FataVita. I won't confirm or deny if I had anything to do with this ;3

Saphirax

You think so? They've done little wrong when it comes to visual novels in the West.

Well no, but it just seems to take them ages. They've been teasing C;C for years.

At least with FM they wouldn't have as much work as with their other VNs, but still.

i-Jest

If we get Fata Morgana on Vita, that is going to arguably be THE visual novel to have on the console.

I need this to be real guys.

jzbluz

Well no, but it just seems to take them ages. They've been teasing C;C for years.

At least with FM they wouldn't have as much work as with their other VNs, but still.

Weren't they pretty prompt with S;G? Hopefully they can use MG's translation and release FM quickly. If they're actually licensing it.

Seeing VitaFata get localized would make me weep with happiness by just looking at the box (and I say this as a person who'll likely not be able to afford with all the taxes and shipping and exchange rates and studenthood).

Please, please, please, please be happening. Please.

Saphirax

wasn't S;G pretty much taken from the fan translation on PC and touched up a bit? i'm sure S;G0 was done from scratch

I assume it was. Although I'm not all that knowledgeable about S;G's localization process. S;G0 and Root Letter had to be done from scratch though, that's why it took a lot longer for them to come out. If I remember correctly they even got delayed (or one of them did at least).

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
(*^-') 乃

Special thanks to:

NeoGAF—

Kresnik

Shizuka

LimitedRunGames

...and YOU!

wasn't S;G pretty much taken from the fan translation on PC and touched up a bit? i'm sure S;G0 was done from scratch

The official translation on PC was done by the (former) fan translators in association with JAST USA, and the script is now owned by 5pb./Nitro+. They pretty much used it verbatim in the console localizations, aside from a few edits consistent with the Japanese console releases (e.g. Mayuri's age).

Neither S;G 0 nor Root Letter were translated by PQube. S;G 0 was an in-house translation by 5pb. (that is, they contracted the translation team themselves) and Root Letter was translated by Strangely Compelling.

I think PQube was involved more directly in the Gal Gun localization, and they contracted the translation team for Valkyrie Drive (which was in fact the former Steins;Gate team, who had been in contact with them hoping to do more Science Adventure translations).

According to rumors, Chaos;Child is being done by the same main translator as Steins;Gate 0.

I know all of this because I have no life

(*^-') 乃

Special thanks to:

NeoGAF—

Kresnik

Shizuka

LimitedRunGames

...and YOU!

Did we do it?!

So wait, is it official? Is House of Fata Morgana getting localized? I'm on pins and needles here.

Certainly seems that way, especially judging by this tweet:

https://twitter.com/hanadakeika/status/865987153347493888

My pleasure. it was so amazing to meet and talk with today. hope to talk again more details in a few days! Have a good trip.

Holy shit!

Why didn't it happen sooner?

I feel like it's happening pretty damn quickly considering it's only a few weeks ago that the campaign started lol.

Get ready for more Touhou garbage announcements! This time NISA will outdo themselves and show their passion for Touhou brand: They'll release these games even before their Japanese release!

Sadly, we're very much at the stage in Vita's life where it's "take whatever we can get", even if they don't sell because they're not great games.

I'm not opposed to Touhou games, but of the ones we've gotten so far, only Burst Battle really interests me and I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it.

Hey! Do you know if Soul Sacrifice Delta till has some players online ? I'm tempted to pick it up, it as been a while since I finished the original and I'd like some more now :p

Hey! Do you know if Soul Sacrifice Delta till has some players online ? I'm tempted to pick it up, it as been a while since I finished the original and I'd like some more now :p

Definitely pick it up, Delta improves on the original immensely and the breadth of new content is crazy. Never went online myself; however, I know of a Discord server focused around Delta, you could find matches there.

Shizuka

All Vita owners, I'd urge you not to dismiss next week's Utawarerumono Mask of Deception. I know we're getting lots of Vita releases lately, but this one is shaping up to be my favorite Vita game in 2017 so far. Not to mention Atlus USA Vita releases get pretty rare very quick, so I wouldn't sleep on it.

Top Bottom