• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I finished an article looking at fan campaigns on Vita over the years. It's been one of my favourite things to write about really, varied topic where a lot of things have happened over the years:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/05/15/a-history-of-vita-games-fan-campaigns/

Fantastic article.

Don't personally need it as I'm JP region main, but -rad-.

AniHawk

So only 26% is left of the pre order stock for YSVII both versions Vita and PS4 and i have no money u__u

it's 26-50% left, so there could be more than that. also, it took about two months to reach this point, you're probably fine for a while.

jzbluz

Saw that Deemo has like $100+(CAD) worth of DLC. Damn. I wanted to buy it all, but I guess I'm waiting on a sale, or one of Sony's spend x amount and get x amount back.

Those Akiba Beat reviews...

Knowing that this was XSEED's biggest dub effort makes the whole thing even worse.

Not even interested on reading them, but I always feel sorry when publishers I like license a failure. Although, XSEED hasn't licensed anything I'm interested except for maybe Cold Steel in awhile.

18-Volt

Yeah, what I've played of Akiba's Beat is not bad, but it's just... so bland. I'm struggling to get through it.

It doesn't help that I recently finished a very enjoyable action-RPG on Vita in the form of Tales of Hearts R either. You can find my review here:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/05/16/vita-tales-of-hearts-r-review/

Yeah, the bar is too high for you there, playing Akiba's beat after a game like Tales is not a good idea. It's an Acquire game and if history has taught us something, it's we should have low expectations for their game. Every Acquire game is bland but never "bad". The dev team feel very ambitious but they only do what their resources allow them to. If I were them, I'd ask more funds from my parent company GungHo for such ambitious project. They're rich as hell anyway.

oldmario

Saw that Deemo has like $100+(CAD) worth of DLC. Damn. I wanted to buy it all, but I guess I'm waiting on a sale, or one of Sony's spend x amount and get x amount back.

i saw somewhere else that the dlc was free on the japanese store so i have no idea why it's so expensive over here

Not even interested on reading them, but I always feel sorry when publishers I like license a failure. Although, XSEED hasn't licensed anything I'm interested except for maybe Cold Steel in awhile.

didn't it sell horribly in japan? i feel like xseed are trying to find the easiest way out of publishing for vita and going straight for pc now

jzbluz

i saw somewhere else that the dlc was free on the japanese store so i have no idea why it's so expensive over here

didn't it sell horribly in japan? i feel like xseed are trying to find the easiest way out of publishing for vita and going straight for pc now

Was it? I thought part of it was free on mobile.

As for XSEED, they licensed AB really early so I assumed they thought it was going to be received at least as well as AT.

Yeah, the bar is too high for you there, playing Akiba's beat after a game like Tales is not a good idea. It's an Acquire game and if history has taught us something, it's we should have low expectations for their game. Every Acquire game is bland but never "bad". The dev team feel very ambitious but they only do what their resources allow them to. If I were them, I'd ask more funds from my parent company GungHo for such ambitious project. They're rich as hell anyway.

It's unfortunate because I'm reviewing it for TVL so I gotta play it. I feel like if I could wait a few months and get Tales out of my mind I may enjoy it more.

They licensed it and started significant work on it several months before it even released on PS4 in Japan, where it bombed hard. They only got it on Vita 2 1/2 weeks ago, where it didn't even chart, something that doesn't take much effort to do in Japan. I highly doubt them wanting out of Vita releases has anything to do with it and more of it's just really not a very good game.

If anything it should serve as a lesson for all companies involved, that just because the first game in a series was successful, does not mean you should put all your eggs in one basket for it's "sequel".

Takao

Banned
Which takes more effort to translate?

I feel sorry for Toybox; all their stuff is bomba, except for maybe their otome games.

I haven't played HMD, so I can't say. What I can say, though, is that a game from their parent company is probably cheaper to acquire than one from a third party that they got involved with pre-Japanese launch.

Shizuka

I haven't played HMD, so I can't say. What I can say, though, is that a game from their parent company is probably cheaper to acquire than one from a third party that they got involved with pre-Japanese launch.

Just watch NISA skip most recent NIS titles for more Touhou titles and Birthdays bombas.

Clearly, a worthy investment over something like Hero Must Die.

I mean, PS4 bomba is unsurprising, but 7k on Steam is loads more than I was expecting. That's already more than Operation Abyss and Rose in the Twilight put together. Not far off Criminal Girls or HTOL#NIQ either.

I'll probably be fine on Steam. There's plenty of things to call bomba on (lol Touhou) but I don't think this'll be one in the long run.

Shizuka

During this month, Play-Asia is giving 5% off for orders paid with PayPal. For $40 games, if you use that promo and add any $3 coupon like Gematsu, you can essentially get games with "free shipping". Not really useful for people who live in North America or Europe, but it's a nice deal for anyone who lives in other countries.

Three things guys. Seems like that Accel World vs. SAO Asian-English physical release is indeed real and will be out on July 7th:

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/864783206989430785

(I was seriously doubting that one after they'd previously said digital-only on their Facebook. So if they can change their minds about that, they can change their minds about Digimon too).

Also, Eastasiasoft have multiple Vita LE's upcoming, first one in August:

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/864761783856136192

And Blitworks (major Vita porting studio) are currently porting Starbound to XB1. Reckon we'll get that long-delayed Vita version one day?

https://twitter.com/BlitWorks/status/864758418942328832

Sondar

HeavyArm just retweeted this. Was it known 100% that it was getting physical apart from the PA preorder page?

DABTsYHU0AAtY2L.jpg:large

DABTsYGUwAA9lEK.jpg:large

Edit

Beaten to it!

HeavyArm just retweeted this. Was it known 100% that it was getting physical apart from the PA pr order page?

Edit

Beaten to it!

<3

But no, that's the first actual 'confirmation' of it. If anyone's interested, here's the initial announcement from Bamco SEA:

Set out on an interdimensional mission to save Yui from the hands of Personna Babel in ACCEL WORLD VS. SWORD ART ONLINE -- available physically and digitally for the PS4 and digitally for Vita this summer 2017!

So they've literally gone back on that, which I'm very pleased with.

During this month, Play-Asia is giving 5% off for orders paid with PayPal. For $40 games, if you use that promo and add any $3 coupon like Gematsu, you can essentially get games with "free shipping". Not really useful for people who live in North America or Europe, but it's a nice deal for anyone who lives in other countries.

Nice plan, but that Paypal offer doesn't stack with the existing promo codes. I tried. Doesn't work.

Shizuka

Nice plan, but that Paypal offer doesn't stack with the existing promo codes. I tried. Doesn't work.

Well, it should, because during checkout, they show both discounts, but you're right, because when I was redirected to the PayPal page, it showed only the code discount. In any case, I sent them a message asking about it.

maouvin

Does anyone know what kind of combat system this has? It looks like maybe something like Odin Sphere, but talks about 'controlling 4 at once' and being 'unique'.

Isn't it supposed to be like Valkyrie Profile? I vaguely remember this game - or might be mistaking it for another one.

Jimrpg

Well, it should, because during checkout, they show both discounts, but you're right, because when I was redirected to the PayPal page, it showed only the code discount. In any case, I sent them a message asking about it.

There was something wrong with the PayPal checkout when I tried to order that 2 for $20 Vita promotion from them. Seemed like PayPal checkout didn't recognize it for whatever reason.

Top Bottom