• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Deemo is really fantastic.

I may or may not double-dip (already having the Asian packaged version). Different region stores make it a DLC nightmare, though -.-

Jimrpg

Actually, my advice would be don't buy it. It's among the worst Vita games I've played, and I'm normally quite leniant on cheap-budget anime-inspired titles. It's repetitive; dull; story is a complete waste of time etc. It's a roguelike without any challenge, making it just a plodding turn-based game.

Review here if you're interested.

It's super cute, very awawa and the localization is quite entertaining. The gameplay itself can get dull very fast. I played it for about 20 hours before stopping.

I might leave it for now, thanks guys. I have toooo much to play as it is. Good review by the way.

Finished a review for Dynasty Warriors Next, if anyone hadn't already played it by now :p

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/vita-dynasty-warriors-next-review/

Ah.. I should get this sometime. I recently got 8XL for the Vita but I already have 8XL on PC and figured that that would be the better game. I have Next on PS Plus (though I don't have membership anymore) and what I played of it was pretty average. It deserves a revisit though.

Shizuka

AL: How does Fruitbat Factory feel about bringing visual novels to consoles and handhelds like the PlayStation Vita or perhaps the Nintendo Switch in the future?

JE: We have one console release already that many would classify a visual novel – Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest on PlayStation 3. Consoles in general are something we’re looking at as a potentially pretty interesting venue at the moment, and we’d like to release more games on them, whether it be on traditional consoles or handhelds. I’ve seen some publishers consider Vita a dead platform for new releases, which is understandable just looking at the number of sold consoles, but I wouldn’t rule it out specifically for visual novels, as I think they’re a genre especially suited for a device like Vita.

http://www.dualshockers.com/fruitba...chuusotsu-1st-graduation-bringing-games-west/

If only we got Eiyuu Senki for the Vita... That game was the shit, the perfect PS3 swan song.

http://www.dualshockers.com/fruitba...chuusotsu-1st-graduation-bringing-games-west/

If only we got Eiyuu Senki for the Vita... That game was the shit, the perfect PS3 swan song.

I'm still a bit disappointed we never got Eiyuu Senki on Vita. Would've been an easy job for them. I half hope that sentence from the quote is a hint it might be coming.

Anyway:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236606280&postcount=107

Sounds like Disgaea 5 Complete's success in the west is driving the nail in the coffin for NIS' Vita support according to Ani. Shame, but at least this year is going out on a high.

Shizuka

I'm still a bit disappointed we never got Eiyuu Senki on Vita. Would've been an easy job for them. I half hope that sentence from the quote is a hint it might be coming.

Anyway:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236606280&postcount=107

Sounds like Disgaea 5 Complete's success in the west is driving the nail in the coffin for NIS' Vita support according to Ani. Shame, but at least this year is going out on a high.

I don't think Fruitbat Factory can release the Vita port now that JAST USA has the rights for a PC release.

Also, while what Ani said is true, what games are they localizing? There are none, at least as far as announced titles go, specially considering that most of their work has been multiplatform releases so far and they're not dropping the PS4 anytime soon. Ani's doom and gloom is standard procedure, nothing new.

AniHawk

I don't think Fruitbat Factory can release the Vita port now that JAST USA has the rights for a PC release.

Also, while what Ani said is true, what games are they localizing? There are none, at least as far as announced titles go, specially considering that most of their work has been multiplatform releases so far and they're not dropping the PS4 anytime soon. Ani's doom and gloom is standard procedure, nothing new.

don't think about what they can localize. think about what they can port... and fast!

and not coven. never coven.

Shizuka

don't think about what they can localize. think about what they can port... and fast!

and not coven. never coven.

I guess NISA's becoming less of a localization house and more of a porting one. Still, like I said, if NISA's localizing a title that has both PS4 and Vita versions, I don't see the company skipping the Vita one just yet. Now, regarding Coven... NISA skipping NIS titles is also standard procedure.

I guess NISA's becoming less of a localization house and more of a porting one. Still, like I said, if NISA's localizing a title that has both PS4 and Vita versions, I don't see the company skipping the Vita one just yet. Now, regarding Coven... NISA skipping NIS titles is also standard procedure.

I'm assuming Ani means they'll be shifting all their Japanese development over to Switch (and PS4) and then be localizing anything that gets made for those consoles.

AniHawk

nisa is localizing a crapload of games this year. hell the vita isn't even done for 2017.

I'm assuming Ani means they'll be shifting all their Japanese development over to Switch (and PS4) and then be localizing anything that gets made for those consoles.

that, and consider what isn't out yet that might look good as a switch title given what's done well on switch so far.

Shizuka

Did that work when NISA ditched the Vita a few years ago and still all NIS released was for the Vita? I've read time and time again how NIS completely disregards NISA's opinions when it comes to platform decisions.

that, and consider what isn't out yet that might look good as a switch title given what's done well on switch so far.

Hero Must Die!

Lol. But I've been saying for ages that Minecraft clone in Unreal 4 just makes too much sense to be on Switch, then they announced it for PS4...

Would be surprisingly nice to see them backtrack on that one and get it on Switch. I can't remember what other upcoming games they have tbh.

Did that work when NISA ditched the Vita a few years ago and still all NIS released was for the Vita? I've read time and time again how NIS completely disregards NISA's opinions when it comes to platform decisions.

NIS and Vita have just been lol. Ignored it during the first two years when they could've released any of their games and have them be sleeper hits (see: Demon Gaze; Monster Monpiece: Valhalla Knights 3 etc.) then go heavy on it over the last two years while it's been winding down.

At least NISA have been consistently great at bringing us stuff. I'm assuming N1 are going to push them more to doing PC/Switch going forward though.

nisa is localizing a crapload of games this year. hell the vita isn't even done for 2017.

Omg, yay! I remember you saying this a while ago and then they announced Yomawari and I thought "that's definitely the last one". Glad I'm wrong on that one.

Do you think they'll release anything in 2018 or will they definitely be done at the end of this year?

AniHawk

Omg, yay! I remember you saying this a while ago and then they announced Yomawari and I thought "that's definitely the last one". Glad I'm wrong on that one.

Do you think they'll release anything in 2018 or will they definitely be done at the end of this year?

physical is getting harder. i don't know about anything physical, but there should be digital stuff at the very least.

AniHawk

nis has been a major helper. steam is a big push from nisa, and the ps4 version of cladun returns didn't exist in japan.

nisa has seven physical vita games this year and 11 overall. that's pretty good support for a dead platform.

t26

I just want to know if NISA consider Tsuihou Senkyo too much of a VN to not localized or close enough to Danganronpa clone to localize.

Shizuka

nis has been a major helper. steam is a big push from nisa, and the ps4 version of cladun returns didn't exist in japan.

nisa has seven physical vita games this year and 11 overall. that's pretty good support for a dead platform.

But there was a period where NIS wouldn't listen to anything NISA had to say regarding platform decisions, despite NISA making more money than NIS, that's what I was talking about. I think NIS should be more flexible moving forward, but you can still see that they're making most decisions thinking about the local market.

AniHawk

But there was a period where NIS wouldn't listen to anything NISA had to say regarding platform decisions, despite NISA making more money than NIS, that's what I was talking about. I think NIS should be more flexible moving forward, but you can still see that they're making most decisions thinking about the local market.

oh definitely. the west wanted ps4 more than vita and that was a major point of frustration. especially as vita exclusives were happening in 2017 still (cladun). things have mostly shifted to ps4/vita now, and probably it will be ps4/switch starting in 2019.

Shizuka

oh definitely. the west wanted ps4 more than vita and that was a major point of frustration. especially as vita exclusives were happening in 2017 still (cladun). things have mostly shifted to ps4/vita now, and probably it will be ps4/switch starting in 2019.

Do you think NISA will continue to localize NIS' PS4/Vita efforts despite Disgaea 5 numbers? Exile Election and Iwaihime: Matsuri are two multiplatform releases I'd love to see from NISA, if the company isn't doing Vita exclusives from NIS anymore.

AniHawk

Do you think NISA will continue to localize NIS' PS4/Vita efforts despite Disgaea 5 numbers? Exile Election and Iwaihime: Matsuri are two multiplatform releases I'd love to see from NISA, if the company isn't doing Vita exclusives from NIS anymore.

it's tough. ps4 isn't super great on visual novels in the west because that's not what people play on consoles. and vita is dead so your market is limited to people who are hanging on for new releases. so your return on investment might not be very high, prompting things like ports to other platforms, which makes the whole endeavor riskier even if the reward might be greater.

physical is getting harder. i don't know about anything physical, but there should be digital stuff at the very least.

Ha. I'll moan about it at the time, but I'd much rather have this than nothing I guess. They were doing PSP digital releases well into 2013 with BRS and Generation of Chaos, so makes sense.

I hope with the advent of limited physical releases with NISA have been at the forefront of, there might be a little hope for something.

I just want to know if NISA consider Tsuihou Senkyo too much of a VN to not localized or close enough to Danganronpa clone to localize.

I suppose that's the downside of having such a niche console in the west that has moderate success in Japan, you get games like Coven/Exile Election/Hero Must Die and never know whether they're coming west or not.

I've gotten by importing games like Gundam Breaker and World Trigger and playing with limited Japanese, but VN's is impossble.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)

I'm playing it now and it's pretty fantastic in a jank B-tier post-Danganrompa way. It would not be an easy localization, has a massive amount of text, and is probably too VN-y, so I wouldn't be surprised if the talent and time it would require are on other projects. I wonder if the same logic will apply to Iwaihime.

Note that I have never worked for NISA and this is pure speculation.

What a very nice next-to-last (probably) year for JP Vita narrative-based titles, though. I'm looking quite forward to the Shiin demo next week. A shame so many of these will remain forever in Japanese.

With that said, otome games are still doing surprisingly well, so I do expect more than a few to hit Vita in English this year and even through 2018. If only that extended to other genres of VN...I would have killed to challenge myself in attempting a Net High localization, ha ha.

There is the whole Fata Morgana thing, though... :3

Well among "indie developers who suddenly exploded in Vita support", Luc Bernard and Arcade Distillery are massively up there lol.

Considering all they've previously released on Vita is Desert Ashes so far, they've got this; Witch Trials and Plague Road coming. And I think there's a 4th game they haven't announced yet too.

I hope this doesn't all fall by the wayside like his Wii support.

Do you guys think Atlus USA will localize Dungeon Travelers 2-2? I was hopeful, but I just remembered that they did skip the original game that was ported to the Vita after Dungeon Travelers 2.

Even if they're not the same genre, I expect nothing unless the first Utawarerumono is considered a success on Vita. It's not like overabundance of fanservice would stop them either, since they could just make changes again. Then again, from what I've seen of the game's cgs so far, it doesn't look like anything goes farther than what made it through unedited in the first game.

Just better hope that they don't base it's chances on how Caligula does, being another Vita only title.

Jimrpg

Do you guys think Atlus USA will localize Dungeon Travelers 2-2? I was hopeful, but I just remembered that they did skip the original game that was ported to the Vita after Dungeon Travelers 2.

Hopefully its sold well enough in Japan to warrant a localization.

It's the game I'm most eager for on the Vita.

I'll take a digital copy at this stage but would prefer a physical. :)

Also I don't see why they couldn't do it as a PS4/Vita/Switch release even if they need to hold it back some to develop the other two releases.

To add to this, ever since the Switch has been announced, vita news and game announcements has completely dropped off a cliff which makes me sad, I hope there's some news at or around E3, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Jimrpg

And if you're reading this thread and haven't got Dungeon Travelers 2, then what are you doing! As much as I am not a fan of overly scantily clad anime characters, the gameplay in this game is rock solid!

Well among "indie developers who suddenly exploded in Vita support", Luc Bernard and Arcade Distillery are massively up there lol.

Considering all they've previously released on Vita is Desert Ashes so far, they've got this; Witch Trials and Plague Road coming. And I think there's a 4th game they haven't announced yet too.

I hope this doesn't all fall by the wayside like his Wii support.

Rofl, I posted this then forgot to link the game he revealed:

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/863189919820394501

Manufactured Beauty coming to Vita. I *think* it's another Action-RPG but I'm not certain on that one.

I also forgot they've got Death Tales coming too.

Joe Molotov

Three retail releases next week.

mY8aZxK.png

What are Idea Factory and Compile Heart up to?

Deciding on where they went wrong by making Nep Connect a f2p game on Vita.

I'm super excited for Mary Skelter. But I do hope they announce some new titles soon. I also need more Nep-Nep on my Vita.

I suspect Nepu Connect, whenever it releases, will be their final Neptunia title on Vita. They really ought to make it a paid title because they're not going to make any money from it being F2P at this point.

Anyway, they just published Gun Gun Pixies in Japan and Cyberdimension not too long ago. They've got Felistella working on Castle Panzers and are working on that VR version of Nep VII.

A while ago they confirmed they were still working on Vita when they went PS4-heavy at Dengeki fest, rumor I read on Twitter at the time was that it was as second Mary Skelter game but I've no idea if there's any truth in that.

As for Idea Factory, they're busy porting all their biggest otome games to PS4.

oldmario

I suspect Nepu Connect, whenever it releases, will be their final Neptunia title on Vita. They really ought to make it a paid title because they're not going to make any money from it being F2P at this point.

if they wanted to remove all the f2p stuff, rejig the game for a full game and slap a $40 price tag on it i wouldn't say no to that

I hope it's otome stuff that I will actually want to play over kusogtunia

I wonder if it'll be more Otomate or a new game.

Idea Factory – Norihisa Kochiwa (Hyperdimension Neptunia series executive producer and general director of Idea Factory and Compile Heart)

INTERESTING ASPECTS OF SWITCH

The vibration is really intricate when you're actually playing. I think it would be great for horror games, you could create a thrilling experience that hasn't been seen up until now, using a combination of sights, sounds, and touch. And the IR camera can detect hand motions and such, I think there will be some interesting games released that make use of this feature. So I'm really interested in the Joy-Con! I'd like to make one of the kinds of games we're known for on the Switch, using these features.

Nop.

Hey, Oregano shows up again AT THE WEIRDEST MOMENT.

:p

Top Bottom