• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Nice plan, but that Paypal offer doesn't stack with the existing promo codes. I tried. Doesn't work.

Ahh, that explains a lot. The discount showed up on my PayPal at the time of me paying but didn't go through at checkout.

Well then. Was gonna use it on Accel World but there's no rush anymore if it doesn't stack with existing codes.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Random:

Because I work using a PSTV every day, the annoying "Featured" app constantly bugged me. To keep myself in high spirits, I registry edited it to reflect an alternate reality/brighter future.

featured.jpg

Olengie

There was something wrong with the PayPal checkout when I tried to order that 2 for $20 Vita promotion from them. Seemed like PayPal checkout didn't recognize it for whatever reason.

Are you saying that the GEMATSU code didn't work with the 2 for 20 Vita Promo?

AniHawk

Just watch NISA skip most recent NIS titles for more Touhou titles and Birthdays bombas.

there's a good reason the nis titles from 2016 and this year haven't made it over.

vita-only is a death sentence for a lot of games. vita + steam is proving not to be a slam dunk either. but the problem is more vita as time goes on.

that said, there will be more vita games from nisa.

Tohsaka

PSA: Wacky as heck Japan exclusive digital-only war/tattoo sim Irezumi no Kuni is 70% off with Plus right now (¥2160 -> ¥648). Has a Platinum.

NISA is actually localizing that, for some odd reason, complete with a physical release.

there's a good reason the nis titles from 2016 and this year haven't made it over.

vita-only is a death sentence for a lot of games. vita + steam is proving not to be a slam dunk either. but the problem is more vita as time goes on.

Well, they are still localizing them. Why bother with Operation Babel, for example, (not that I'm complaining, I bought it) when they could do Coven which reviewed and sold well in Japan and is made by their parent company? They just make really odd choices. Stuff like Birthdays, too.

Aokage

NISA is actually localizing that, for some odd reason, complete with a physical release.

Oh, so this is what Tokyo Tattoo Girls is! It does indeed involve girls, tattoos, and takes place in greater Tokyo. I should have put two and two together there. Hmm. If I end up liking it, and the US phys version has a Japanese text option, I'll have to buy it...

Well, they are still localizing them. Why bother with Operation Babel, for example, (not that I'm complaining, I bought it) when they could do Coven which reviewed and sold well in Japan and is made by their parent company? They just make really odd choices. Stuff like Birthdays, too.

Yeah, this...is an exceedingly odd localization choice.

Regarding Uncanny Valley at Signature Edition Games:

Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in our games.

We're always happy to hear from a fan of what we do.

Unfortunately, Uncanny Valley wasn't getting as much interest as we'd hoped so it's no longer on the store.

This might change in the future, though we don't have any current plans to revise the decision.

Apologies for any disappointment or confusion this might have caused you.

If you're looking for another great Vita game, we have Slain: Back From Hell coming very soon!

18-Volt

I guess we can get localization announcements of Exile Election and that cheap looking Minecraft ripoff game at Anime Expo this year.

What do you actually do in Tokyo Tattoo Girls

It's a Kancolle knockoff but instead ship-girls you have Tokyo-district-girls. And you improve them with tattoos instead of guns.

AniHawk

Instead, NISA will port its past Touhou titles to Switch. There should be a few of them to pad their 2018 lineup.

well longest five minutes has been stuck in limbo for a year so expect to see that again at least. last couple years have been quiet at anime expo but that might be changing.

Shizuka

well longest five minutes has been stuck in limbo for a year so expect to see that again at least. last couple years have been quiet at anime expo but that might be changing.

I don't think NISA will ever top the one where they announced Demon Gaze and Danganronpa.

I finished a review of Xenoraid, for anyone interested:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/vita-xenoraid-review/

Yeah, I've noticed this. And as much as I mock these games for bombing on Steam too, it's actually not good in any kind of long run because if it's not viable to bring them on Steam too, then it's not viable to bring them at all.

Still, you've hinted at more games coming more than once now, so that's all good.

Keep the relationship going with Exp. Inc for future games? I mean Stranger of Sword City did okay on Steam I think, it's just Op Abyss that bombed (and presumably Babel too) and they're really unattractive games in terms of appeal imo.

I mean, they've got Demon Gaze 2 to bring next and presumably the company will move on to another console eventually.

Regarding Uncanny Valley at Signature Edition Games:

Lol. Is the PS4 version still up or are both versions gone?

Wow, that is fast.

depends what you're into. this year could be pretty good.

This is probably NISA's best year ever for me. DanganRonpa V3 and Ys VIII seal it for me, stuff like Operation Babel is just a lovely bonus. It's a shame they're wasting so much time with Touhou stuff I'm not interested in, but that's neither here nor there.

But yeah, that day they announced DanganRonpa & Demon Gaze, both of which were completely out of the left-field, was just the best thing they've ever done.

Ventara

Do you guys think we will get the promised versions of both Might N9 and Bloodtstained?

I would say no. MN9 bombed and hasn't even given all it's kickstarter rewards out (probably never will), and it will be too late for Bloodstained, methinks.

Aokage

Do you guys think we will get the promised versions of both Might N9 and Bloodtstained?

With some physical backer rewards yet to ship, I wouldn't hold my breath on Mighty No. 9. Somehow I think Bloodstained will make it, though. Inti doesn't have another platform to fall back on like they were able to with WiiU -> Switch. Armature was hired to do -something-, and now that they ostensibly don't need to help with the Switch version, let's hope they're concentrating on Vita.

Shizuka

With some physical backer rewards yet to ship, I wouldn't hold my breath on Mighty No. 9. Somehow I think Bloodstained will make it, though. Inti doesn't have another platform to fall back on like they were able to with WiiU -> Switch.

They can just cancel the Vita port altogether.

Aokage

They could, but I imagine they want to avoid another Mighty No. 9 scenario. And Armature is probably long since contracted... I choose to believe! ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

Shizuka

Adding to the list of Vita titles that disappeared from retailers, I can't find a new copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 for the life of me.

They could, but I imagine they want to avoid another Mighty No. 9 scenario. And Armature is probably long since contracted... I choose to believe! ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

I choose to believe in real endeavors like Fata Morgana, but not in kickstarted games that keep cancelling Vita ports left and right.

Aokage

They could, but I imagine they want to avoid another Mighty No. 9 scenario. And Armature is long since contracted... I choose to believe! ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

Ventara

They could, but I imagine they want to avoid another Mighty No. 9 scenario. And Armature is long since contracted... I choose to believe! ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

There's a glitch in the Matrix here

Jimrpg

Adding to the list of Vita titles that disappeared from retailers, I can't find a new copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 for the life of me.

I choose to believe in real endeavors like Fata Morgana, but not in kickstarted games that keep cancelling Vita ports left and right.

Base.com has DT2 but it's probably the PAL version.

incpdo

I do have some faith in the bloodstained port, after all it wasnt inti creates who did the Gal Gun game ?
Also they said they would use a modified version of unreal engine and after doing the port they would release that version for free.
I think the opportunity to say it is a cancelled port was at the time they announced the cancellation of the WiiU version.

Yep, that seems to have been out of print for at least half a year now in the US, based on no major retailers getting it anymore and it slowly raising in price from resellers. I noticed the same with Odin Sphere in the last several months and ended up having to pay over retail to get it.

Jimrpg

Yep, that seems to have been out of print for at least half a year now in the US, based on no major retailers getting it anymore and it slowly raising in price from resellers. I noticed the same with Odin Sphere in the last several months and ended up having to pay over retail to get it.

I can't find a cheap copy of Odin Sphere anywhere for any region.

Probably safe to say that with Atlus seemingly having small print numbers for Vita games now, you really should not wait to get Utawarerumono if you're interested in it.

jzbluz

Really? Amazon Canadá has it on retail price. I've been half wanting to play the game, but I'm in no rush and Altus games don't go out of print as easily as they used to. I mean, VGP reprinted their ds and psp games not too long ago.

AniHawk

This is probably NISA's best year ever for me. DanganRonpa V3 and Ys VIII seal it for me, stuff like Operation Babel is just a lovely bonus. It's a shame they're wasting so much time with Touhou stuff I'm not interested in, but that's neither here nor there.

But yeah, that day they announced DanganRonpa & Demon Gaze, both of which were completely out of the left-field, was just the best thing they've ever done.

for vita fans, i assume it will be loudtown anger times. like the opposite of ax 2013. but i still think it'll be a good day regarding announcements.

Top Bottom