• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Takao

Banned
Crows took the sting away since I was kinda expecting this. It would've made a lovely import, but I wasn't expecting it to happen anymore.

I'm the Bandai Namco Nostradamus who got a whiff of this shit months ago but I'm still disappointed. It seems Bandai Namco is done with Vita for even the no budget Japan focused stuff. IIRC, all they have pending is an otome visual novel out in a few days and Digimon. I think that's bizarre given the vast majority of their PSV/PS4 releases have favored Vita in Japan. Even the games where the Vita version is just complete jank.

I'm the Bandai Namco Nostradamus who got a whiff of this shit months ago but I'm still disappointed. It seems Bandai Namco is done with Vita for even the no budget Japan focused stuff. IIRC, all they have pending is an otome visual novel out in a few days and Digimon. I think that's bizarre given the vast majority of their PSV/PS4 releases have favored Vita in Japan. Even the games where the Vita version is just complete jank.

I'm surprised they don't have any low-budget anime-cash-in stuff announced at all for the rest of 2017. I know we had Twin Star Exorcists in January but there's literally been nothing else since and nothing on the horizon.

I know even Artdink-tier games might be a bit too expensive for them to put on just Vita these days (though I'd love to see them take another shot at Macross), but I would've expected at least something.

18-Volt

Those games, Crows and City, probably were to be ported to Vita post development, and Namco had to revive them in the cheapest way possible.

Funny thing is, many companies expect Japanese Vita owners would make transition to PS4 but that will never happen. PSP proved that handheld gamers in Japan would never give up on handhelds. Vita owners in Japan would only switch to Nintendo Switch or die waiting for a Vita successor. Only new feature PS4 has brought was the better visuals and Japanese devs hardly use the power PS4 has, so PS4 means nothing to most Japanese gamers.

JPS Kai

About how long is it? I know that can be a tough question for games like this, just curious about an estimate for what it ended up being for you.

It took around 16 or so hours to clear the 50 main stages and 49 of the EX stages. Barely touched the randomly generated dungeons.

jzbluz

I wondered why an otome game from them had completely slipped my mind, and it was because it's a title with no female protagonist or romance, just bromance. I wonder how much attention the fujos will pay to it.

camo

Woo-hoo my Slain: Back from Hell - Signature Edition has finally shipped!

In other news does anyone still play Resistance online? I need that trophy.

Shizuka

I wondered why an otome game from them had completely slipped my mind, and it was because it's a title with no female protagonist or romance, just bromance. I wonder how much attention the fujos will pay to it.

How can it be otome if it doesn't have a female protagonist?

5amshift

Banned
Looking for a physical import Vita game for a few upcoming flights. Beat'em ups or Sh'mups recommended, but obviously open to anything other than RPG's.

Haven't been in the mood for writing so much lately, but I finished a review of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 for my site:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/05/30/vita-hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-1-review/

Great review!

I played the complete Nep-Nep series since the beginning of the year and had so much with them. Megadimension Neptunia VII is my favorite, but from the remakes I liked Rebirth1 the most (Writing, more interactions with plan - I really loved that part of the gameplay). But 2 and 3 are almost equally fun.

And man, what a world difference in comparison to the PS3 original...

Great review!

I played the complete Nep-Nep series since the beginning of the year and had so much with them. Megadimension Neptunia VII is my favorite, but from the remakes I liked Rebirth1 the most (Writing, more interactions with plan - I really loved that part of the gameplay). But 2 and 3 are almost equally fun.

And man, what a world difference in comparison to the PS3 original...

Thanks!

Yeah, I played through Rebirth 1 & 2 in quick succession last year, revisited the first one recently to write this review. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did. I'm unsure which of the two I like better actually, I feel 1 is a bit more focused in plot and progress, but I liked all the new characters in 2.

Either way, I'm glad we got this series on Vita.

Shizuka

Ys Origin, Toukiden 2: Free Alliances (F2P) and Cladun: This is Sengoku (demo) are up on NA PSN Store.

I mean, at a base level otome games are "girl's games", and a lot of boy's love stuff is targeted at female fans. So, it's possible.

Hmm, it sounds weird, but it could fit that description.

Oregano

They're not going to skip Vita with God Eater. If they do they are mental.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Love seeing y'all's physical collections.

Get on that, folks.

My collection and My Vita + a dream for the future

I love dreams for the future:

featurednew.png

18-Volt

Ys Origin, Toukiden 2: Free Alliances (F2P) and Cladun: This is Sengoku (demo) are up on NA PSN Store.

I guess no Shu this week too. I have the game yet I haven't played it on PS4, still waiting for Vita version to arrive.

Brace yourself, sugar cup.

Main selling point of monster hunting games is the local coop thing. MH3 showed that Japan doesn't care about this genre if they can't do local coop. If God Eater 3 is coming to PS4, then it's definitely coming to Vita too. If not, then it's a Switch game. If it's a PS4/Switch game, PS4 version is dead in the water.

I know UK chart is talking about maybe 1000 units of software sold in a month, but I noticed this before:

2 1 HAKUOKI: KYOTO WINDS OTOMATE IDEA FACTORY IDEA FACTORY

3 3 OPERATION BABEL: NEW TOKYO LEGACY EXPERIENCE INC. NIS AMERICA NIS AMERICA

1 5 AKIBA'S BEAT ACQUIRE CORPORATION PQUBE PQUBE

After last week's positioning debacle, it's nice to see consumers go for the better game :p

Also:

- 8 ROOT LETTER KADOKAWA GAMES PQUBE PQUBE

I like Root Letter, so I'm pleased with this.

Who is the artist the Hero Must Die remake/Demon Gaze and those other dungeon crawlers? I swear I had a link bookmarked with more of their stuff and nothing I find with Google lists who the artist is...

Aokage

Who is the artist the Hero Must Die remake/Demon Gaze and those other dungeon crawlers? I swear I had a link bookmarked with more of their stuff and nothing I find with Google lists who the artist is...

Tetsu Kurosawa. Twitter: @fatqueen_info

Tetsu Kurosawa. Twitter: @fatqueen_info

Well shit, maybe I was getting their work confused with someone's that had a similar style. I'm not seeing the pics I used to have saved anywhere under this name. Guess I'll have to scavenge through my unsorted 3000+ pics to figure this out lol.

Edit: Yep, I had him confused with En Okishiji. That was who did the alternate art style for Stranger of Sword City, and for some reason I was under the impression that it was the same person who did Demon Gaze.

Aokage

Unghhh, you're so good with Photoshop, it makes things look pretty official.

Aww, thank you. It is part of my job.

After the 30th, perhaps I'll put dem talents to use working on a few more grassroots campaigns. I can't imagine I'll get as involved as Fata, but it can't hurt!

Hey guys, what are the next VN for the vita? I'd love some more after S;G but all I can find are otome games :/
There was some stuff on kickstater but I don't know if it's still comming to vita.

Aokage

Hey guys, what are the next VN for the vita? I'd love some more after S;G but all I can find are otome games :/
There was some stuff on kickstater but I don't know if it's still comming to vita.

If you're not keen on otome games, give Code: Realize a try nonetheless. It's sorta billed as the first "crossover" otome game for a reason!

Utawarerumono 2 just came out last week! :)

Isn't it a RPG? I don't mind but I'd like a "pure" VN like S;G :p
But I'm going to order that, looks nice for Vita anyway

Chaos;Child!

Oooh nice! When is it coming over?

If you're not keen on otome games, give Code: Realize a try nonetheless. It's sorta billed as the first "crossover" otome game for a reason!

I'm intrigued :eek: Is it about romance like each dude has a "route"? I don't really like that but if there is a good story why not...
What do you mean by crossover btw?

Isn't it a RPG? I don't mind but I'd like a "pure" VN like S;G :p
But I'm going to order that, looks nice for Vita anyway
It has occasional SRPG battles that are dead simple and just used as a way to show battles happening to break up text.
The game is still 90% pure visual novel! Not even alternate routes.

Oooh nice! When is it coming over?

Q3. Still a while off yet.

I'm intrigued :eek: Is it about romance like each dude has a "route"? I don't really like that but if there is a good story why not...
What do you mean by crossover btw?

Yep, each guy has a route. It's a solid enough game and can be played as a mystery story irrespective of the otome stuff, but I'd still say you have to have a tolerance for some romance. It's certainly not as thrilling as something like Steins;Gate either.

My review here:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/vita-code-realize-guardians-of-rebirth-review/

Shizuka

Have you played Steins;Gate 0? There's also Root Letter, Utawarerumono, the Danganronpa titles, the Zero Escape titles, the Xblaze titles, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak.

Top Bottom