• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I'm intrigued :eek: Is it about romance like each dude has a "route"? I don't really like that but if there is a good story why not...
What do you mean by crossover btw?

It's sort of what the press termed it. With a far greater emphasis on (frankly, awesome) story and a strong-willed heroine with real agency, it's a bit different from a lot of otome games.

Yep, each guy has a route. It's a solid enough game and can be played as a mystery story irrespective of the otome stuff, but I'd still say you have to have a tolerance for some romance. It's certainly not as thrilling as something like Steins;Gate either.

My review here:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/vita-code-realize-guardians-of-rebirth-review/

Oh yeah, by no means an S;G, but definitely the otome game for those who have yet to click with the genre! Quality review, by the by.

mollipen

Has there been any talk that I may have missed of Drive Girls coming to the States? I've got Amazon.co.uk open looking at their physical version with morbid curiosity.

Pata

Spanish software sales:
Minecraft (PlayStation Vita) - 119,886
That's from release until the 19th Week of 2017 if anyone wonders.

The thing is that the Vita version of Minecraft did wonders for the console in Spain, the Vita version of the game even got to appear in the top 10 monthly chart with all formats considered in 2014's X-Mas month (aka the best selling month of the year).

Have you played Steins;Gate 0? There's also Root Letter, Utawarerumono, the Danganronpa titles, the Zero Escape titles, the Xblaze titles, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak.

Yea I did, and I liked it! I still need to try Root Letter but I've played the other (well not Utawarerumono but it's on its way).
How's Root Letter btw?

Shizuka

Dies irae isn't coming out on Vita at the same time as the Steam release. Still, not sure I like the wording there. The PR flat out confirmed that was the case, it's not a matter of "giving anyone the wrong impression".

Yea I did, and I liked it! I still need to try Root Letter but I've played the other (well not Utawarerumono but it's on its way).
How's Root Letter btw?

I thought it was great, some thought it was mediocre. The localizations lacks flair, but the game was fun otherwise.

Ventara

Aokage

Spanish software sales:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381407

Minecraft (PlayStation 3) - 249,589
Minecraft (PlayStation 4) - 165,809
Minecraft (PlayStation Vita) - 119,886
Minecraft (Xbox 360) - 101,390
Minecraft (Nintendo Wii U) - 25,263
Minecraft (Xbox One) - 19,343
Minecraft (PC) - 10,082

Yay little guy!

Well, wow. Does that account for those two wacky Spain-only games I will own someday? Ha ha.

Lame. Wonder what Sony uses to decide if a game gets a Platinum (at least I assume it's on them). Price maybe?

Laaaaaaaame. Oh well, at least it's still coming. I hope.

Price, yes. Which often makes little to no sense when it comes to Vita software.

How's Root Letter btw?
I think it's a decent mystery title with the added appeal showcasing real life locations in Japan (going by the credits even a lot of the business and restaurants in it are real.) It starts off well, but doesn't quite come together towards the end. Well, there are multiple endings, and some are just what you'd expect from a title like this (and I found those less satisfying), while others go completely off the rails (and ended up being substantially more entertaining.)

Also there's some minor weirdness with the translation, where the dialogue options seem to have been translated without the context of what the character actually says so they sometimes don't quite make sense.

Aokage

Speaking of this here piece of badassery, I wonder how the making-of doc is being written to the Vita card? I've never encountered a physical release with anything other than the app (and in some cases, updates) on it before.

Idly wonderin'.

Aokage

Put in extra work for that, but not including the first game on cart. Choices.

That is a damn shame, I must admit -- especially considering the first game isn't even available in my region.

Joe Molotov

I'm assuming the video is accessed from within the game, but that's just a guess. Could also just come with a DVD, similar to how some games come with a soundtrack.

Aokage

I'm assuming the video is accessed from within the game, but that's just a guess. Could also just come with a DVD, similar to how some games come with a soundtrack.

It's expressly been stated to be on the cart (!). I suppose FuturLab could have done a new build...

Arthos

Been out of the Vita loop since my Vita died about three months ago. Think it's time to buy another one.

Any game releases I've missed? I only just found out that Ys Origin came out. I had no idea it was being released anytime soon.

i-Jest

Been out of the Vita loop since my Vita died about three months ago. Think it's time to buy another one.

Any game releases I've missed? I only just found out that Ys Origin came out. I had no idea it was being released anytime soon.

What genres do you like? Are you fine with visual novels

Ventara

Nonary Games that includes the the first 2 Zero Escape games (999 and VLR) came out, as well as Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. Other notable releases include Toukiden 2 and Operation Babel.

AniHawk

it is on my list of nis games i would have liked to have seen come over for vita though:

-special report division
-hero must die
-coven
-longest five minutes

Aokage

it is on my list of nis games i would have liked to have seen come over for vita though:

-special report division
-hero must die
-coven
-longest five minutes

Oh, no doubt. It's a very special game...

I thought it was great, some thought it was mediocre. The localizations lacks flair, but the game was fun otherwise.
I think it's a decent mystery title with the added appeal showcasing real life locations in Japan (going by the credits even a lot of the business and restaurants in it are real.) It starts off well, but doesn't quite come together towards the end. Well, there are multiple endings, and some are just what you'd expect from a title like this (and I found those less satisfying), while others go completely off the rails (and ended up being substantially more entertaining.)

Also there's some minor weirdness with the translation, where the dialogue options seem to have been translated without the context of what the character actually says so they sometimes don't quite make sense.

Oh well I'll order it and see if I like it. Thanks for the awnser :)

I went back to God Eater 2, I'll play that until my orders arrive.
This game bores me sometime, I feel like there are way too many mission too similar. And the monster alway have crazy health... I'm rank 10 and I think I'll start searching a exploit like the HDH bullet from the first game, it's more fun that way I think.

and it never will be!

-special report division
-hero must die
-coven
-longest five minutes

Whenever there is a smidgen of hope or excitement, Anihawk is summoned to shut it down :(

P.S. Is that second post stealth-teasing that the western Vita release of Longest Five Minutes has been cancelled?

AniHawk

Whenever there is a smidgen of hope or excitement, Anihawk is summoned to shut it down :(

P.S. Is that second post stealth-teasing that the western Vita release of Longest Five Minutes has been cancelled?

no it's just that we're nearing the one year anniversary of the localization announcement and i'm being facetious.

Arthos

What genres do you like? Are you fine with visual novels

I like everything but sports games. As for VN, I've only played the first two Zero Escape games (I have the 3rd but....), Steins Gate, and Danganronpa. I do find the genre interesting.

Nonary Games that includes the the first 2 Zero Escape games (999 and VLR) came out, as well as Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. Other notable releases include Toukiden 2 and Operation Babel.

I totally forgot about Toukiden even coming out. And Operation Babel?! How does it hold up against other DRPGs? I'll look into those games!

Thanks!

18-Volt

-special report division
-hero must die
-coven
-longest five minutes

Add Exile Election and Hakinowa Company Works and that's my list. I should stop complaining and try to enjoy the games we're allowed to play: Toho garbage. Except Double Focus. It's impossible to like that game. It's the literally the worst 2D platformer I've ever played.

AniHawk

Add Exile Election and Hakinowa Company Works and that's my list. I should stop complaining and try to enjoy the games we're allowed to play: Toho garbage. Except Double Focus. It's impossible to like that game. It's the literally the worst 2D platformer I've ever played.

hakinowa company works isn't a vita game. it's ps4 only.

exile election didn't get a good reception from my understanding.

Aokage

Yeahhhh... Exile Election wasn't quite a waste of ¥5480 but it wasn't the best, either.

redcrayon

The recent releases have been covered, upcoming you've got God Wars out in two weeks time, looks like a pretty good SRPG. Then you've got Valkyria Revolution on June 30 and Fallen Legion on July 25, and then Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII later this summer.

I'm going to pick up both Operation Babel and Toukiden 2 as I enjoyed their predecessors, but at the moment I've got so much to play that it might be some time before I get around to them! Currently hopping between Hotline Miami 2 and Ys Origin.

18-Volt

I wasn't talking about Vita only but it's one of my most wanted NISA localizations. Probably it'll be the next one to be announced since it's on PS4. I can't think any other possible candidate besides that and couple of other Toho shovelware.

There is also The Lost Child, another Kadokawa game, releasing this summer in Japan. NISA is pretty close with Kadokawa, it wouldn't surprise if one of future announcements is this game.

Jimrpg

Started Steins;Gate 0 finally last night, it's so thrilling to be back in the Steins;Gate universe with new characters amongst older ones.

I hear people preferred the first one, but I really see that as a one off masterpiece so as long as 0 is decent I'll be happy. Now waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can play some more.

Started Steins;Gate 0 finally last night, it's so thrilling to be back in the Steins;Gate universe with new characters amongst older ones.

I hear people preferred the first one, but I really see that as a one off masterpiece so as long as 0 is decent I'll be happy. Now waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can play some more.

It's more than decent imo

And if you like the S;G universe you'll be more than happy with it :)

Aokage

There is also The Lost Child, another Kadokawa game, releasing this summer in Japan. NISA is pretty close with Kadokawa, it wouldn't surprise if one of future announcements is this game.

I asked Sawaki Takeyasu on Twitter; The Lost Child is being localized. So yeah, likely NISA.

I asked Sawaki Takeyasu on Twitter; The Lost Child is being localized. So yeah, likely NISA.

Well, I guess that's one of the games Ani's been saying is still coming to Vita in the west then. Wonder if it'll be digital-only since he said physical releases would only be for bigger titles going forward.

Look what came today:

0nX3fkt.jpg

I'm actually impressed. There's a nice soundtrack CD and small artbook that I like. I don't collect LE's but if I did, this would be one of the better ones.

Actually, I've inadvertently collected 4 LE's now just because they were the only ways to get physical releases of the games I wanted:

Also, while I'm posting pictures, I completed a collection the other day:

(It was actually Gundam Breaker 2 which came, I already had the others haha)

I'm doing very well on Gundam Vita games now, only two more left to collect by my count:

Nice!

Atelier Escha & Logy and Ar nosurge are two of six games I miss for a complete english collection. I'm afraid I will never get them, just because I'm late and now they are expensive as fuck. :/

i-Jest

I just want to be sure before I fully commit. There is only a digital Vita option for Dies Irae. That's the $35 reward tier. The $50 physical tier is the PC release right?

Arthos

The recent releases have been covered, upcoming you've got God Wars out in two weeks time, looks like a pretty good SRPG. Then you've got Valkyria Revolution on June 30 and Fallen Legion on July 25, and then Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII later this summer.

I'm going to pick up both Operation Babel and Toukiden 2 as I enjoyed their predecessors, but at the moment I've got so much to play that it might be some time before I get around to them! Currently hopping between Hotline Miami 2 and Ys Origin.

I might just pick up those two as well. And I didn't know Valkyrie was so close! Any impressions or has it not been released in Japan yet? And I definitely need to pick up Origin. I almost beat it on the PC but I figure it would be a better experience on the handheld.

Nice!

Atelier Escha & Logy and Ar nosurge are two of six games I miss for a complete english collection. I'm afraid I will never get them, just because I'm late and now they are expensive as fuck. :/

I regret not picking up the Atelier games on physical. Not sure why I didn't considering I like them. Then I have Ar Nosurge that I bought on impulse and still know nothin about.

redcrayon

I might just pick up those two as well. And I didn't know Valkyrie was so close! Any impressions or has it not been released in Japan yet? And I definitely need to pick up Origin. I almost beat it on the PC but I figure it would be a better experience on the handheld.

I regret not picking up the Atelier games on physical. Not sure why I didn't considering I like them. Then I have Ar Nosurge that I bought on impulse and still know nothin about.
There's a few reviews of Valkyria out there- it seems like it's both a bit repetitive and also ditched the sublime turn-based combat for more action-based (with stamina) combat. Sounds like a bit of a rushed experiment, but I love the setting and art style so will give it a go.

Top Bottom