• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Whoa, Shu was not at all on my radar but it looks downright fantastic. Glad it's releasing in Japan region on the 15th.

Finally got round to taking an updated collection pic. My collection lives in a narrow hallway (which is the only good place to store it) so it makes photographing it hard, hence why the pics are at an angle. I've now got around 333 physical Vita games (the latest being Slain), but that's not counting the games I have en route to me now (so add another 10 to that number!) I'd love to crack the 400 Vita game barrier within the next year, and actually manage to finish at least half of them... (I'm actually getting through the games at a decent pace, if I didn't enjoy getting trophies I'd have finished way more of them).

image by gouki16uk, on Flickr
Big LE boxes. My least favourites as they take up far too much space... I'm half tempted to sell Nep 3 and Operation Abyss for normal releases to free up shelf space. Darius rocks though, that's probably my most treasured LE of the lot.

And my main collection, in pretty much alphabetical order (really wish I didn't start doing that, makes it a nightmare to update my shelving with new games as they arrive!). The smaller LE's aren't actually completely sealed, rather I only open the tops so I can get at the games while leaving the packaging in decent condition otherwise. After all, my goal is to play through all these games (eventually!)

And my main collection, in pretty much alphabetical order (really wish I didn't start doing that, makes it a nightmare to update my shelving with new games as they arrive!). The smaller LE's aren't actually completely sealed, rather I only open the tops so I can get at the games while leaving the packaging in decent condition otherwise. After all, my goal is to play through all these games (eventually!)

That's actually kind of smart haha
I tend to open them like the ape I am but I'll try that

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The smaller LE's aren't actually completely sealed, rather I only open the tops so I can get at the games while leaving the packaging in decent condition otherwise. After all, my goal is to play through all these games (eventually!)

I do the same haha.
Great pics, and yeah, it's a pain to get new tiles and have to move everything.

Another week closer to Tokyo Xanadu's release, and Aksys remain silent about Europe.

Starting to think I will be needing to import the LE...

Another week closer to Tokyo Xanadu's release, and Aksys remain silent about Europe.

Starting to think I will be needing to import the LE...

It'll probably be released in small numbers. Period Cube was the same - 365games stock(ed) it but it sold out of its initial shipment quick. I'm kinda expecting the same to happen to Xanadu.

It'll probably be released in small numbers. Period Cube was the same - 365games stock(ed) it but it sold out of its initial shipment quick. I'm kinda expecting the same to happen to Xanadu.

365games have Xanadu up for preorder, but it's the Limited Edition that was promised that I'm worried about.

Also - anyone know if TX has notable DLC that I'd be locking myself out of if I did import a US copy and play on my EU account?

Shizuka

365games have Xanadu up for preorder, but it's the Limited Edition that was promised that I'm worried about.

Also - anyone know if TX has notable DLC that I'd be locking myself out of if I did import a US copy and play on my EU account?

I believe it's mostly costumes. In any case, I plan on getting the Vita limited edition, play it to completion and getting the PS4 version somewhere down the road for the additional content. Same with Ys VIII.

Ah ok. I don't really care for LE's these days unless its the only way to get the game, so I'll be satisfied with just the standard game.

Tohsaka

You can see the DLC for the Vita version here. Seems to be a good deal of it.

redcrayon

Anyone else playing through Ys Origin? I'm really enjoying it, reminds me of Oath in Felghana in that it's an action rpg with all the fat trimmed off. Constantly advancing through dungeons, little backtracking, a flow of new abilities and power-ups, great music and crunchy boss fights. Save points are nicely spaced and you can both teleport out to safety (apart from in boss fights) and to any save point. Bloated, empty worlds have become something of a bugbear for me recently so it's really refreshing to play something that packs a lot into a small space.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15720348/sony-ceo-shawn-layden-interview-vita-portable

“Vita is still a viable platform,” Layden says, “chiefly in the Japanese and Asian markets. We still have developers in Japan who are building for that platform. But it just didn’t get over the hump in Europe and America. It’s hard to know exactly why, but it didn’t garner a large enough audience here for us to continue to build for it.”

Whatever happens with the Vita in the future, though, know it has at least one big fan inside Sony. “It’s still my favorite portable,” says Layden. “It travels with me all the time, and I play Hot Shots Golf consistently.”

Speaking of developers in Japan still building for Vita, 5pb have moved Mystereet F from XB1 to PS4/Vita (to the surprise of no-one I'm sure)

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/mysteree...trailer-platform-changed-xbox-one-ps4-ps-vita

New Dungeon RPG coming from Compile Heart, another crossover with Dengeki (Mary Skelter was also). Guess this was the game they confirmed they were working on when everyone thought they were done with Vita development:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/compile-heart-announces-tokyo-clanpool-ps-vita

Also a few new Japanese trademarks. No idea if any of these are for Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/japanese...-alchemist-braceir-koei-tecmo-save-earth-sony

Koei Tecmo

”Bureseiru no Renkinjutsushi" (Alchemist of Braceir / Breseir / Breceil / insert other romanization attempt here)
”Shin Sangoku Musou Zan" (the Japanese title of Dynasty Warriors: Unleashed)

Nippon Ichi Software

”Koeroku"

FuRyu

”Nisemono-Hime to Juu-Nin no Konyakusha" (Fake Princess and the 10 Fiancees)

Saphirax

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain get port (to PS4?) on 28 Sep. No new feature but more visual types of puppet soldiers http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/727

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/872014641496440832

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Shu is really intriguing me. What do y'all think the chances might be LRG goes there?

FDC1

EU PS Blog announces Dragons Online release for tomorrow. Never heard of it. After a quick look on Google, it looks ... special lol.

EU PS Blog announces Dragons Online release for tomorrow. Never heard of it. After a quick look on Google, it looks ... special lol.

That looks... like another PlayStation mobile game, lol.

edit: Just checked and it's the same dev as Hill Cliff Horse, a PS Mobile game.

jzbluz

How was Blue Reflection's performance on the vita? I don't understand why they couldn't make the vita version digital only if it performed well enough.

18-Volt

Blue Reflection is coming out September 26...ps4 and steam only.

What's worse is that it's not coming to Switch either. That means I have to find free time at home to play this. 40~hour JRPG, how am I going to finish this.

At least Nights of Azure 2 is coming to Switch.

Blue Reflection is coming out September 26...ps4 and steam only.

F.M.L.

Koei-Tecmo falling at the final hurdle. I was so hopeful after they'd announced Atelier & Toukiden earlier this year with physical to boot, and now we don't get Musou Stars or Blue Reflection at all.

Sighhhhhh.

edit: Worst part is I'll import Musou Stars, but I have no such option for Blue Reflection.

Oh well. Guess I better start preparing for a home console future with Gust & Falcom now moved on from Vita.

Wonder if the third atelier game in the current trilogy will be PS4 + Steam only. Firis bombed on Steam (and PS4 most likely). It was also the first Atelier with no CE I believe in a long time.

Wonder if the third atelier game in the current trilogy will be PS4 + Steam only. Firis bombed on Steam (and PS4 most likely). It was also the first Atelier with no CE I believe in a long time.

Based on the trademarks for Japan, it might not even be a third Mysterious game. That's the easiest way to make a clean break from Vita too.

So, Vitafam, any interest in getting a hype campaign to try and get Blue Reflection in the west? Or are we past that? :(

18-Volt

Oh well. Guess I better start preparing for a home console future with Gust & Falcom now moved on from Vita.

Here's hoping for Nights of Azure 2 for Switch is beginning of something good. I really don't want to go back the dark ages before DS and PSP where most important games always come out on PSone/PS2 where I spent more than 3 years to finish a game.

PC and home consoles suck, you have to be home to play them. It's not of a big problem for shorter games like God of War etc but lengthy stuff like FF12, Disgaea, Dragon Quest VIII and Persona 3 take ages to finish. All of them except FF12 got portable versions where I finally finished them. For FF12, it's coming to a home console again and I'll probably finish it by 2020.

Here's hoping for Nights of Azure 2 for Switch is beginning of something good. I really don't want to go back the dark ages before DS and PSP where most important games always come out on PSone/PS2 where I spent more than 3 years to finish a game.

PC and home consoles suck, you have to be home to play them. It's not of a big problem for shorter games like God of War etc but lengthy stuff like FF12, Disgaea, Dragon Quest VIII and Persona 3 take ages to finish. All of them except FF12 got portable versions where I finally finished them. For FF12, it's coming to a home console again and I'll probably finish it by 2020.

Honestly, this is gonna sound silly but... I just don't want to play a game like this on home console. Like, I'm not opposed to playing an RPG on home console, but they just felt better on Vita, and I'm more likely to play a shooter or online game on home console because I don't have that option with handhelds. I dabble between the two lately.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm disappointed with this one. Should've seen it coming after Nights of Azure though. I imported that one though (and will likely import NoA 2), but this one has far too much text to make it viable.

18-Volt

It's not the end of the world, but I'm disappointed with this one. Should've seen it coming after Nights of Azure though. I imported that one though (and will likely import NoA 2), but this one has far too much text to make it viable.

Or, you could just get a Switch, as NoA is coming out there. But KoTec's localization record on Switch isn't any better than Vita, we're still waiting for Nobunaga and Romance of 3K games which came out on launch day in Japan.

Or, you could just get a Switch, as NoA is coming out there. But KoTec's localization record on Switch isn't any better than Vita, we're still waiting for Nobunaga and Romance of 3K games which came out on launch day in Japan.

Ehh, I'm not getting a Switch any time soon. I'd like that physical copy of NoA2 to sit next to my copy of NoA1 ;)

18-Volt

Apparently Atlus' website for the game has the PS4 & Vita trademarks. I'd imagine there's a Switch SKU added too, which may be why they don't want to confirm yet.

Atlus supporting Vita longer than XSEED would be hilariously awful. Longer than Koei-Tecmo too sadly.

And this probably won't be their last game for Vita. I can see them localizing A Certain Magical Virtual On too.

About Blue Reflection, could the reason it's not coming to Vita in west be about its digital size? A friend of mine says game is a little over 3.4 gigabytes on Vita, makes it impossible to download to a 4 gb card. Also, KoTec Vita game size started to increase after KoTec abandoned PS3. Maybe porting directly from PS4 could cause compression problems.

About Blue Reflection, could the reason it's not coming to Vita in west be about its digital size? A friend of mine says game is a little over 3.4 gigabytes on Vita, makes it impossible to download to a 4 gb card. Also, KoTec Vita game size started to increase after KoTec abandoned PS3. Maybe porting directly from PS4 could cause compression problems.

It was going to be digital-only at best on Vita, so I don't see why that would stop them? Digital games can be any size.

It'll be the same excuse as Nights of Azure, "people don't want a portable cut-down port". Which I'm sure there's some truth to, but for the amount of effort it'd take to insert the already-done translation into the game, I'm sure it'd make some money.

Leaked before, but the releasedate is now official:

#Velocity2X Critical Mass Edition coming June 30th for #PS4 #PSVita! Trailer and store links are live! @FuturLab http://ow.ly/osDk30cmyd3

FYI, All the #PSVita content is on the cartridge @IPlayPSVita @TheVitaLounge @psp2roundup #VitaFans 👍

For everyone asking about the ESRB/NA release - it's definitely happening! We're just waiting on retailer links 👍

https://twitter.com/BadLandGamesINT/status/872109998784040960

18-Volt

It was going to be digital-only at best on Vita, so I don't see why that would stop them? Digital games can be any size..

Some people only have 4 or 8gbs of cards and this is a big turnoff for them. Especially 4gb card owners would be unable to download the game. Vita userbase is small already, there is no point in targeting even smaller base.

Top Bottom