• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

i-Jest

A friend just sent this update to me. It seems LRG is waiting for the Vita version of House of Fata Morgana before starting the run. So yes, it seems that the Vita version it's actually happening, and soon. Without official word, this all but guarantees it guys:

https://m.imgur.com/isCWEkD

redcrayon

Really enjoying God Wars at the moment, scratching that FFT itch quite nicely. I'll never get tired of tinkering with the loadouts of adventuring parties.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
A friend just sent this update to me. It seems LRG is waiting for the Vita version of House of Fata Morgana before starting the run. So yes, it seems that the Vita version it's actually happening, and soon. Without official word, this all but guarantees it guys:

https://m.imgur.com/isCWEkD

It is not 100% guaranteed, and either way it won't be until 2018. There's extensive engine retooling to be done and an entire third scenario to translate along with more than 22 short stories.

redcrayon

Quick question about Fallen Legion on Vita: will LRG put the physical edition out later, or is it something we can pre-order? I can't see it on their site.

Joe Molotov

Score!

dyy8qgD.jpg

If you haven't gotten a copy of Shantae yet, it's worth checking to see if your local GS has any in stock.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Score!

dyy8qgD.jpg

If you haven't gotten a copy of Shantae yet, it's worth checking to see if your local GS has any in stock.

Holy wow that's a bargain. You could flip that on eBay for triple that price.

Not that you would, of course. I wish Pirate's Curse had come to Vita, but I thoroughly enjoyed ½ Genie Hero on Vita, the platform I backed it on. It ran astonishingly well (even if the PS4, PC and Switch versions maintain 60fps with much higher frequency).

Jimrpg

Yes. The anime you're watching adapts everything but a very important detail from the first game.

Hi shizuka, I finished the Utawarerumono anime now, what's the detail from the game that I need to know?

Touka is best waifu as well isn't she? Karula is not bad either.

If only I could access this website in the UK, I'd happily pay $20 for a copy (especially if it's just a standard version).

In other news, it seems I was wrong, Bamco aren't done with anime games on Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/gintama-action-game-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Gintama action game announced for Vita/PS4.

Paging Takao. Wonder if this one will go silent for a year then cancel the Vita port just like Crows and City Shrouded in Shadow.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I might as well share my latest article here - about Nippon Ichi/NIS America's output on Vita:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....vita-games-spotlight-on-nippon-ichi-software/

I know mentioning NIS America will likely summon Anihawk here who will quickly point out that Vita is a sales zombie in the west and don't expect many more games from NIS and if they do they'll be digital-only, but with them announcing 2018 games recently I'm pretty optimistic they aren't quite done with the handheld yet (*coughZankiZero*).

Takao

Banned
In other news, it seems I was wrong, Bamco aren't done with anime games on Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/gintama-action-game-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Gintama action game announced for Vita/PS4.

Paging Takao. Wonder if this one will go silent for a year then cancel the Vita port just like Crows and City Shrouded in Shadow.

Depends on which game this is a re-skin of lol. Granzella has never shipped a Vita product. Planet-G (Crows) has, but the only 3D game they did is one of the ugliest games on the platform.

The scan smells like Spike Chunsoft, but that would be a pretty big tumble in project importance from Bandai Namco. Go from making Dragon Ball games, to J-Stars and One Piece, to a franchise next to no one outside of Japan knows.

I guess we can rule out any anime franchise that's popular in the west ... or a Netflix Original.

oldmario

keep seeing touch my katamari popping up on ebay for around £15 for those who are still after it

You guys want even more shovel ware from Funbox Media and Top Trumps Turbo is not enough? You are in for a treat, Vegas Party is coming!

http://www.shop4de.com/playstation-vita-games/vegas-party-playstation-vita-game
http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/vegas-party-ps-vita/

And there is also Chicken Range for 2018!

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/chicken-range-psvita/

it's funny that after watching some of the shittier ps2 budget budget games on youtube the other day i wondered if they had moved to mobile now and then these pop up
i'll probably be interested in the Vegas Party games if it has blackjack on it

Bunga

Been playing Darkest Dungeon on my Vita for the last couple of weeks, transferring saves to/from PS4 with cross-save. Cross-buy/save is awesome, my first experience of it!

Oh, I bought a new cover for my OLED Vita by the way. And oh my god, it's amazing. Makes it feel like a whole new console:

It's a black hard case that I ordered of eBay for like £3 and it just fits perfectly; looks great and is generally fantastic. Makes the console a bit heavier, but I can live with that.

This was the cover I was using before:

A silicone gel cover that was stretched beyond all hell and used to be really annoying. I didn't even realise how bad it was until Aokage asked what cover it was on Twitter and I thought "oh yeah, I still have this thing on"

Oh, I bought a new cover for my OLED Vita by the way. And oh my god, it's amazing. Makes it feel like a whole new console:

It's a black hard case that I ordered of eBay for like £3 and it just fits perfectly; looks great and is generally fantastic. Makes the console a bit heavier, but I can live with that.

This was the cover I was using before:

A silicone gel cover that was stretched beyond all hell and used to be really annoying. I didn't even realise how bad it was until Aokage asked what cover it was on Twitter and I thought "oh yeah, I still have this thing on"

No offence mate, but with cover like your last one I always have the feeling that people are downgrading their experience with the slick, nude hardware for no real reason. It looks and feels cheap. I think, there are better ways to protect your hardware with the design and feeling of the hardware intact. It's like putting your 800$ iphone into a 3$ china plastic bumper.

The new one is a big improvement, though!

No offence mate, but with cover like your last one I always have the feeling that people are downgrading their experience with the slick, nude hardware for no real reason. It looks and feels cheap. I think, there are better ways to protect your hardware with the design and feeling of the hardware intact. It's like putting your 800$ iphone into a 3$ china plastic bumper.

The new one is a big improvement, though!

Haha, that last cover was a free one that came with a "starter kit" I got. I realise how bad it was since I've gotten this new one.

autoduelist

Holy wow that's a bargain. You could flip that on eBay for triple that price.

Not that you would, of course. I wish Pirate's Curse had come to Vita, but I thoroughly enjoyed ½ Genie Hero on Vita, the platform I backed it on. It ran astonishingly well (even if the PS4, PC and Switch versions maintain 60fps with much higher frequency).

I had no idea that was worth money. i saw this used recently too [I wonder if the same store?]. I should have picked it up, I guess.

Actually, i have a 'collector' related question [since I'm a fan of digital and not generally a collector] - with something like the Vita, are the prices highest now during the sunset of the device while people are still in the ecosystem, or do rare games become even more valuable once the system is antiquated? Like, I'd assume rare game prices will only go up as time passes, but maybe they're higher now because more people care? I don't know.

yaffi

Might be off topic: really can't decide which version of ar nosurge I should get from the PSN sale. What I know is I probably don't want to switch cards/accounts. Anyone played both and could tell me if there actually is any reason not to get the PS3 version?

Might be off topic: really can't decide which version of ar nosurge I should get from the PSN sale. What I know is I probably don't want to switch cards/accounts. Anyone played both and could tell me if there actually is any reason not to get the PS3 version?

I haven't played the PS3 version, but as with all Gust titles the Vita Plus version is the most complete version of the game, with all DLC included and more.

WTF, bro. That's a condom cover. And yours is single-handedly worse than all of the condom covers I've seen in my life, combined.

I would have called child protective services on you if I knew of this earlier.

Haha, that last cover was a free one that came with a "starter kit" I got. I realise how bad it was since I've gotten this new one.

Nachtfalke is right. You only had to remove it to realize how bad it is. You're better off covering the entire Vita in some screen protector and getting a hard pouch.

I'd bet that when you were convincing your friends and families to buy a Vita, they saw your cover and thought "that shit is extremely ugly, no way I'm paying that much to walk with ugliness".

Does NISA withdraw funds right away if you pay for a preorder via PayPal?

Thanks to this post that reminded me to submit my DangabRonpa V3 LE preorder to NISA this morning. Their site showed 0% ~ 5% stock available this morning. So if you're on the fence, it might not be too late.

Jimrpg

WTF, bro. That's a condom cover. And yours is single-handedly worse than all of the condom covers I've seen in my life, combined.

Nachtfalke is right. You only had to remove it to realize how bad it is. You're better off covering the entire Vita in some screen protector and getting a hard pouch.

I'd bet that when you were convincing your friends and families to buy a Vita, they saw your cover and thought "that shit is extremely ugly, no way I'm paying that much to walk with ugliness".

LOL - silicone covers are generally terrible over time. They do help in case of falls but that's about the only advantage (don't drop your Vita in the new case Kresnik ;) ).

As for the OLED, ive been using the 2000 recently, and it really feels like an upgrade, its so comfortable, I recommend all diehards in here to get it. There isn't a single thing I don't like about it.

And yeah I'm going totally naked with my 2000 at the moment, I normally put a screen protector on, but I'm thinking its probably not necessary as long as I'm not eating anything and I put it in my soft case everytime I'm done playing.

Kresnik are you playing Steins;Gate 0 at the moment, where are you at? I just got my first ending. I'm enjoying it, but there's a lot less 'science' and 'time travel' in this one (so far) and a bit more meandering conversation than the previous game.

Lol. I didn't realise it would elicit such a strong reaction.

But I fixed it now right!
Just wait until you see the silicone cover on my LCD Vita ;)

Kresnik are you playing Steins;Gate 0 at the moment, where are you at? I just got my first ending. I'm enjoying it, but there's a lot less 'science' and 'time travel' in this one (so far) and a bit more meandering conversation than the previous game.

Ehh. I picked it up again a few weeks ago and played a second ending (think it was Maho's) and started on a third (Kagari) and dropped it again.

It's just not holding my interest at all. Miles off the first game for me. Still enjoyable in parts but pretty disappointing. I want to finish it so I can write a review lol, but I'm not gonna do it until I've platinumed like I did with the first game lol.

At the moment I'm also slogging my way through Trails of Cold Steel, which veers between fun and tedious far too often.

Top Bottom