• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

There's a thread about this. I'm personally not surprised as the last few old SNK titles have been Cross-buy for Vita. I hope they continue the trend though.

I know, hadn't seen the thread when I made this post ;)

Gio was asking about this a while ago but then got spammed by Windjammers requests, so I thought it wasn't happening.

I hope we get KoF '98 UM one day.

Saphirax

According to Shop4DE (and 365Games) they won't get restock for Tokyo Xanadu anytime soon. I guess it's really the most limited of all EU Aksys releases.

In other news, they opened pre-order for Collar x Mallice - but only for the US release. So that's it, no EU release for this game? Despite being announce for Europe?
http://www.shop4de.com/playstation-vita-games/collar-x-malice-ps-vita-game--

Aksys~

365games don't have the game up for preorder. Yet. Will wait a few more days. If it doesn't show up, I'll just use VGP.

mollipen

WTF, bro. That's a condom cover. And yours is single-handedly worse than all of the condom covers I've seen in my life, combined.

If you ask me, the only way to play is totally naked. ;)

Was this known? Samurai Shodown V Special coming to PS4 & Vita:

Gross. If anything deserves this treatment, it's SamSho II. I get that SSV is the "fancier" pick to make, but that doesn't mean it's the better one.

Gross. If anything deserves this treatment, it's SamSho II. I get that SSV is the "fancier" pick to make, but that doesn't mean it's the better one.

It seems to be the second-most-loved entry in the series after II, though? I mean I haven't played either but it doesn't seem like a massively bizarre pick.

II is playable through the Anthology on PSP right?

In other news, they opened pre-order for Collar x Mallice - but only for the US release. So that's it, no EU release for this game? Despite being announced for Europe?
http://www.shop4de.com/playstation-vita-games/collar-x-malice-ps-vita-game--

No EU for Collar x Malice means I'm waiting on that one then. Bizarre decision after Period Cube got physical though.

Shinriji

It seems to be the second-most-loved entry in the series after II, though? I mean I haven't played either but it doesn't seem like a massively bizarre pick.

II is playable through the Anthology on PSP right.

LOL, no. The "legendary" part of SS5 special is that no one actually played that game, not because of it's quality. People often reminds of SS1 and 2 When thinking of SS.

And SS Anthology have SS5, not SS5 Special.

I think it's fair to say at this point that we will never see the EU version of Nonary Games for the PS Vita. Aksys will just continue with their silence and most people who wanted it just went with the console version or the US import.

LOL, no. The "legendary" part of SS5 special is that no one actually played that game, not because of it's quality. People often reminds of SS1 and 2 When thinking of SS.

I don't really understand either parts of your post lol. I never said anything about legendary? I'm basing it off things like this:

SS game popularity usually goes like this

SSII > SSVS > SSIV > SSIII > SS

My personal list is

SSIII(Fixed MVS version) > SSVS > SSII > SS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSIV

EDIT, I should note that VI is so bad I don't even count it. It is like a mugen hack SS game.

In which VS is ranked second both times. Or articles like this praise it pretty highly.

And SS Anthology have SS5, not SS5 Special.

That's great, but I was asking about SSII, not V :p

II is playable through the Anthology on PSP right?

mollipen

In which VS is ranked second both times. Or articles like this praise it pretty highly.

Well, to be fair, I don't know that UnholySpectacle's post was anything beyond personal opinion. I'd be curious to see what actual fan rankings would be. Either way, my argument is that we aren't getting what is clearly the most popular Samurai Shodown game, SSII, first. If they did that first, then those of us bitching about SSV being chosen wouldn't be.

And being playable in Anthology and having a proper online version are two very different things.

Well, to be fair, I don't know that UnholySpectacle's post was anything beyond personal opinion. I'd be curious to see what actual fan rankings would be. Either way, my argument is that we aren't getting what is clearly the most popular Samurai Shodown game, SSII, first. If they did that first, then those of us bitching about SSV being chosen wouldn't be.

And being playable in Anthology and having a proper online version are two very different things.

I mean, I'd be down for either, this is my first time experiencing these games (Garou/Last Blade/Samurai Shodown) anyway.

If II is the runaway favourite I guess it is kinda odd. Is V Special a particularly bad game?

I'm presuming it was Gio Corsi's pick anyway based on the results of this poll last year.

Also in other news, it seems Onigiri (F2P MMO) is hitting Vita in Japan:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/6n423n/mmorpg_onigiri_hits_ps_vita_on_july_21/

Aku Audi from Sekai Project just tweeted this:

Is this it? Is it finally happening?

I've learned not to be hyped for Sekai Project. Will never forget:

As we move into 2017 and get these releases out of the way during Q1

We're now in... Q3? Lol.

I'm only mildly excited for Fault Milestone and World End Economica anyway. It's the games that should follow from this I'm more excited for.

AllEchse

So EU Tokyo Xanadu changed to unavailable on base.com again.

Did anyone get to order?

I got an order on gamesware.at in hope that theres going to be a restock.
Didn't get to do the same on base.

Why is Aksys like this?

incpdo

Soooooo there is a petition to bring back first party support for the Vita:

https://www.change.org/p/sony-bring...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Admittedly I signed, for all the good it'll do. Nothing we can do about a declining interest in the Vita but it would be nice if Sony gave the platform something new/improved besides the occasional firmware update.

From a business perspective Sony is too late to do this , they just need to cut the prices down from memory cards and the console itself , Localizing some bundles like the minecraft one would help too. IF the price is cut the console could be nice and cheap option this holidays for moms and dads. Although i dont think this will change anything , but the console will live longer.

Jimrpg

From a business perspective Sony is too late to do this , they just need to cut the prices down from memory cards and the console itself , Localizing some bundles like the minecraft one would help too. IF the price is cut the console could be nice and cheap option this holidays for moms and dads. Although i dont think this will change anything , but the console will live longer.

Well it's too late for them to do anything right now. As a dad, it was pretty near impossible to find anything decent on the Vita for kids. All I could find was Lego games, PlayStation Pets (which plays pretty bad) and it drops off a cliff after that. Everybody's golf, super monkey ball, but they get hard. Interestingly enough 3DS isn't that much better for kids either. Nintendogs and some shovelware.

Below 7 the iPhone and iPad is miles better and maybe that's what's wrong with Sony and Nintendo, they probably lost a lot of sales in this space and once the kids are used to no dedicated controls, using a controller or a handheld console is a little bit foreign. They love touching things.

I would love first party support to come back, even if it meant smaller games. There's a lot of untapped power in the Vita even now in 2017, the 3DS is still alive and Vita games look miles better.

Shinriji

I mean, I'd be down for either, this is my first time experiencing these games (Garou/Last Blade/Samurai Shodown) anyway.

If II is the runaway favourite I guess it is kinda odd. Is V Special a particularly bad game?

I didn't knew that you weren't familiar with the SS series, so let me give you some context for my previous post.

SS5 Special is OK, but isn't the best one IMO. At the same time, the fandom is fairly divisive when asked "What is the best SS and why?".

But the fact is that SS5 Special have a huge reputation among the neo community, since it was the last neogeo release, the AES cost a shit load of money (so it have the BIG TYMER seal of quality of the fandom and mediocre games get a free pass) and had almost all the previous characters of the series. But it retains all the bad stuff from SS5 (the stamina gauge, the shitty new characters, terrible backgrounds and audio).

As why SS5 Special was picked and not SS2, probably is that have the "modern" SS look (animation still looks great after all those years) and the large roster. Of course, I will buy it day 1, because vita and SNK is a match made in heaven.

mao2

I think the main reason why Samurai Shodown V Special was chosen is because it was never ported to home consoles before.

redcrayon

I'm looking at the upcoming Plague Road as I enjoy TBS games, has anyone else played it (perhaps on PC?) yet? Looking for impressions really, I'm not short of games to play but the graphical style kinda caught my eye, reminds me a bit of Darkest Dungeon in that kinda random dungeons with hub and permadeath setup.

Well it's too late for them to do anything right now. As a dad, it was pretty near impossible to find anything decent on the Vita for kids. All I could find was Lego games, PlayStation Pets (which plays pretty bad) and it drops off a cliff after that. Everybody's golf, super monkey ball, but they get hard. Interestingly enough 3DS isn't that much better for kids either. Nintendogs and some shovelware.

What about the platformers like Sly, Jak and Ratchet? When I was the age of your kids I loved Crash and Spyro.

EDIT: I misread your post, thought they were 7.

Jimrpg

What about the platformers like Sly, Jak and Ratchet? When I was the age of your kids I loved Crash and Spyro.

EDIT: I misread your post, thought they were 7.

I got sly and jak. Will get Ratchet too.

They're 3.5 and 1.5. The 3.5 still prefers ipad or youtube more than traditional gaming. But she doesnt play games that much as it is.

They probably could play Sly and Jak fine around 6 or 7 years old I think, but probably struggle before that. They just lose interest if its not fun for them. Yeah I was totally fine around that age playing Mario but I had the urge to want to play NES. I dont think the older one has it, its too early to say about the other one. I thought she would be able to play mario kart by now, but she cant control the kart at all.

But in general the Vita would be a great system for kids with its small buttons, touchscreen, crisp screen, but its completely wasted as there aren't any games for kids.

They're 3.5 and 1.5. The 3.5 still prefers ipad or youtube more than traditional gaming. But she doesnt play games that much as it is.

They probably could play Sly and Jak fine around 6 or 7 years old I think, but probably struggle before that. They just lose interest if its not fun for them. Yeah I was totally fine around that age playing Mario but I had the urge to want to play NES. I dont think the older one has it, its too early to say about the other one. I thought she would be able to play mario kart by now, but she cant control the kart at all.

But in general the Vita would be a great system for kids with its small buttons, touchscreen, crisp screen, but its completely wasted as there aren't any games for kids.

Well, I think that kids generally start playing video games when they are around 6 or so. I think there are comparatively fewer kids who are 4 or younger playing games, so I'm not sure whether the audience would be big enough to warrant the effort of developing games specifically targeted to it.

mollipen

To this day I still cannot believe we didn't get a Minecraft bundle with a green Vita. Sony could have sold the damn thing simply as a device that plays Minecraft and probably doubled the install base here in the States.

To this day I still cannot believe we didn't get a Minecraft bundle with a green Vita. Sony could have sold the damn thing simply as a device that plays Minecraft and probably doubled the install base here in the States.

"In September 2014, Microsoft announced a deal to buy Mojang and the Minecraft intellectual property for US$2.5 billion, with the acquisition being completed two months later."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

mollipen

"In September 2014, Microsoft announced a deal to buy Mojang and the Minecraft intellectual property for US$2.5 billion, with the acquisition being completed two months later."

I am very aware that Microsoft bought Minecraft—that doesn't change anything about what I'm saying. Deals are worked out with "competitors" all of the time if it benefits both parties involved. For example, the fact that soon you'll be able to log into Xbox Live on a Nintendo Switch, because of the very game we're talking about.

I am very aware that Microsoft bought Minecraft—that doesn't change anything about what I'm saying. Deals are worked out with "competitors" all of the time if it benefits both parties involved. For example, the fact that soon you'll be able to log into Xbox Live on a Nintendo Switch, because of the very game we're talking about.

I'm not sure how it would benefit Microsoft when Sony would have Minecraft as a pack-in title in a console bundle, with the sole purpose of (and I will use your own words here) sell "the damn thing simply as a device that plays Minecraft". By that logic Nintendo should maybe allow Sony to sell Mario Kart 8 Ultra Mega Edition PS4 Pro bundles, because it would "benefit them so greatly".

That's just a whole other level of "working out a deal between competitors" than being able to access content you bought from Microsoft on another device.

mollipen

I'm not sure how it would benefit Microsoft when Sony would have Minecraft as a pack-in title in a console bundle, with the sole purpose of (and I will use your own words here) sell "the damn thing simply as a device that plays Minecraft". By that logic Nintendo should maybe allow Sony to sell Mario Kart 8 Ultra Mega Edition PS4 Pro bundles, because it would "benefit them so greatly".

I think the argument over "benefit" here would be Sony, not Microsoft. What's the benefit to Microsoft? Selling more copies of Minecraft. Your example of Mario Kart 8 doesn't even begin to work because that's an exclusive first-party game specifically created to help sell that company's hardware, when Microsoft—smartly—has continued Minecraft as a platform-agnostic game that's on every game-playing device that it can be on. Microsoft benefits by having more copies of Minecraft out there, more people playing Minecraft, more people becoming addicted to the game, and more people existing to buy the inevitable follow-up. I don't begin to see how anyone could question the benefit to Microsoft.

The proper question of value would come down on Sony, and if they want to push a third-party title that's connected to a company that produces "rival" hardware. My argument is, if they're a smart business, the value of Minecraft bundles to them should outweigh any rivalry. Not that Sony would outright say that the Vita is supposed to be a Minecraft device and that's it—my point was that I think they could have sold a sizable number of Vitas simply on the idea of kids wanting a better portable Minecraft experience than smartphones were offering up at the time, and/or going to a store and seeing "a Minecraft system" even if the reality is far deeper than that. And then, once they have the Vita, they're inevitably going to end up wanting other games for it as well, so Sony would have had a new avenue for pushing both hardware and software.

I think the argument over "benefit" here would be Sony, not Microsoft. What's the benefit to Microsoft? Selling more copies of Minecraft. Your example of Mario Kart 8 doesn't even begin to work because that's an exclusive first-party game specifically created to help sell that company's hardware, when Microsoft—smartly—has continued Minecraft as a platform-agnostic game that's on every game-playing device that it can be on. Microsoft benefits by having more copies of Minecraft out there, more people playing Minecraft, more people becoming addicted to the game, and more people existing to buy the inevitable follow-up. I don't begin to see how anyone could question the benefit to Microsoft.

Again, by your logic, Nintendo should hastily make Mario Kart as platform-agnostic as it can possibly be because of all those benefits! Or are you going to argue next that Mario Kart wouldn't sell on other devices?

The proper question of value would come down on Sony, and if they want to push a third-party title that's connected to a company that produces "rival" hardware. My argument is, if they're a smart business, the value of Minecraft bundles to them should outweigh any rivalry. Not that Sony would outright say that the Vita is supposed to be a Minecraft device and that's it—my point was that I think they could have sold a sizable number of Vitas simply on the idea of kids wanting a better portable Minecraft experience than smartphones were offering up at the time, and/or going to a store and seeing "a Minecraft system" even if the reality is far deeper than that. And then, once they have the Vita, they're inevitably going to end up wanting other games for it as well, so Sony would have had a new avenue for pushing both hardware and software.

You literally said they should sell it as a device that plays Minecraft.

And nobody (especially not kids) but a few nerds would buy a $250 gaming device for a "better portable Minecraft experience". Minecraft on Vita is out there. Nothing was stopping "those kids" to get a Vita and a copy of Minecraft. They didn't. A system seller doesn't have to be bundled to sell systems.

You could also introduce them to Disney Infinity 2.0 for the Vita. If you look around online you can get the Vita stuff (game card & base plate) for way cheaper than a sealed set Wyeth you buy them seperateky.

mollipen

Again, by your logic, Nintendo should hastily make Mario Kart as platform-agnostic as it can possibly be because of all those benefits! Or are you going to argue next that Mario Kart wouldn't sell on other devices?

This has become a stupid conversation and you're being obtuse just to be so.

You literally said they should sell it as a device that plays Minecraft.

Except that's not literally what I said?

mollipen said:
Sony could have sold the damn thing simply as a device that plays Minecraft and probably doubled the install base here in the States.

Except that's not literally what I said?

Lol, but if it COULD have done what you claimed it would, namely "probably double the install base" in the US (an utterly baseless and gratuitous claim, but let's not get that in the way of anything), Sony would have been utterly moronic not to follow up on your brilliant idea. So "could" basically means "should" in that context. Your statement was clearly meant to convince all of us how that's exactly what Sony should've done.

Anyway, conclusion: I think yours is a dumb idea, you still think it's gold for some reason.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why all the hypothetical discussion when there actually is a Minecraft Vita bundle in Japan? SCEA just doesn't care, never has.

Yup. They don't.

jXfWMJ4.jpg

Why all the hypothetical discussion when there actually is a Minecraft Vita bundle in Japan? SCEA just doesn't care, never has.

Microsoft is almost non-existent in Japan as a console vendor, so that's a whole different story for all parties involved. Minecraft probably did even help the Vita in Japan, but again: completely different demographic and market situation. One shouldn't draw conclusions out of that either.

As for the caring: they probably do care/did care at some point (if only because they had hoped for more profit), but they did give up on the platform way too easily and way too soon.

Takao

Banned
SCEA stopped running Vita ads in 2012. Minecraft came out in 2014. Even if they got a bundle, they'd just pretend it never happened. Like Telltale and the announced, but unreleased, Vita version of Minecraft: Story Mode.

Top Bottom