• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Hey VitaGAF! Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but has anyone heard anything about a UK pre-order for the Undertale collector’s edition yet? My google-fu is coming up empty.

Ventara

Hey VitaGAF! Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but has anyone heard anything about a UK pre-order for the Undertale collector’s edition yet? My google-fu is coming up empty.

Unfortunately, physical PS4/Vita copies are exclusive to Fangamer. They have a preorder page up, and they do ship to UK, but it's not live yet. We're supposed to get more news this month on it.

AllEchse

So I just got my european copy of Tokyo Xanadu.

There's this weird site called bazaar-bazaar.com that still has stock of them that a kind user on reddit shared.
They are uk based and they seem to ship internationally because mine arrived to Germany.
So if anyone wanted it physically and didn't get it because Aksys, get on it they still had about 20 copies left last time I saw.

Can't link right now.

So I just got my european copy of Tokyo Xanadu.

There's this weird site called bazaar-bazaar.com that still has stock of them that a kind user on reddit shared.
They are uk based and they seem to ship internationally because mine arrived to Germany.
So if anyone wanted it physically and didn't get it because Aksys, get on it they still had about 20 copies left last time I saw.

Can't link right now.

Thanks, that will help a friend. Forgot that this shop exists.

mollipen

Can't stand Undertale, but ordered a standard-edition physical copy. Feels like one of those games that's good to have in a library due to its importance in the indie scene.

Look at those shipping rates!!!

DFCZ9zeVYAAet7K.jpg

The Asian physical release of Ys Origin is delayed to September 7th according to Play-Asia.

Eh, I'd rather wait a couple of weeks than spending $20 more dollars on the LRG release.

Is anyone able to log into Vita PSN right now?
Yep, I logged in without any problem.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
So is a physical copy of undertale on Ps vita going to be rare? Is this a limited release?

i-Jest

What are the chances the Mystery game on August 25th being one of the God Eater games, maybe both games in some shape or form? LRG was able to sign Ray Gigant after all, so why not God Eater?

Saphirax

What are the chances the Mystery game on August 25th being one of the God Eater games, maybe both games in some shape or form? LRG was able to sign Ray Gigant after all, so why not God Eater?

God Eater isn't a jrpg, so 0%? :p. The mystery game is also Vita only.

It's most likely Stranger of Sword City Revisited.

Shizuka

Ray Gigant was more of a deal with Acttil (which resulted in Deemo) than a deal with Bandai Namco. If anything, that opened a line of communication with Experience and we're getting Stranger of Sword City Revisited.

Takao

Banned

This series of events just makes me laugh.

1) Announce Vita port of game in 2014.
2) Cancel Vita port of game in late 2015 because publisher/root developer lost a lot of cash on now shuttered porting studio.
3) Vita port is reannounced a few weeks later after publicly receiving funding from Sony Third Party Productions.
4) Cancel Vita port of game in mid-2017 because porting studio can't get it to run well.

You'd figure the "can this run on Vita" question would've been heavily looked into between stages 2 and 3. Honestly, I would've preferred that to happen before step 1.

To add insult to injury, this appears to have been Third Party Productions' final Vita-specific port project. Now all they seem to do are PS4/Vita ports of ancient games. Blunder Saga Vita's money could've gone towards Stardew Valley, or really anything, that would've actually come out. Even if it did come out, by now BS2 is a year old and BS3 is waiting in the wings. How many would've cared about a years late port of an indie game they could already play on iOS/Android?

MikeyB

Not sure if it is okay to ask a general question here, but is there any consensus on whether the 1000 is the superior build quality for thumbsticks? The OLED doesn't make a big difference to me and the shorter battery life isn't fantastic but durability of the controls would make choosing between the two versions dead simple.

Jimrpg

Atelier Escha and Logy Plus is on discount on EU/AU PSN, 58% off, comes to AU$24.95. Shallie Plus is also discounted to AU$32.95.

But unfortunately not Ayesha which I'm still waiting for!

Jimrpg

This makes me really sad, both because I really wanted to play the game on my Vita and the fact that Sony didn't manage to keep their "promise" to the Vita audience. To me, this is the final symbol that Sony have stopped caring about the V side of their customers.

It may sound stupid but this might change how I look at Sony in the future :|

Expect to hear a lot more western indie vita cancellations as we approach 2018 and beyond.

Expect to hear a lot more western indie vita cancellations as we approach 2018 and beyond.

Yes I know. However, I don't think any of them will have quite the same emotional impact on me as this one.

I wish that we had a Vita successor to look forward to because (this far) the Switch isn't doing much for me (yes I own Zelda and no I don't like it very much).

Jimrpg

Yes I know. However, I don't think any of them will have quite the same emotional impact on me as this one.

I wish that we had a Vita successor to look forward to because (this far) the Switch isn't doing much for me (yes I own Zelda and no I don't like it very much).

The best thing that could happen would be they see the success of the Switch, and start making something in time for an announcement at TGS 2018. I would be shocked if we got something this year.

But I think a lot of mainstream gamers probably feel burned by their Vita, so it's going to be difficult for Sony to gain the trust back.

i-Jest

I refuse to believe the following will suffer the same fate as The Banner Saga, Poncho, or the like:

2064: Read Only Memories
Pixel Noir
Regalia: Of Men & Monarchs
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Collectems
Drift Stage
Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey
Aztez

Or I could be wrong and more than half these games get cancelled for Vita within the next two years. Atleast Undertale is coming soon and 99Vidas just released.

Jimrpg

I refuse to believe the following will suffer the same fate as The Banner Saga, Poncho, or the like:

2064: Read Only Memories
Pixel Noir
Regalia: Of Men & Monarchs
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Collectems
Drift Stage
Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey
Aztez

Or I could be wrong and more than half these games are cancelled for Vita within the next two years. Atleast Undertale is coming soon and 99Vidas just released.

I was looking at the OP and noticed we got a lot of the Japanese games localized, but many of the western indie games we've had no news about for ages. So yeah I'm guessing they're going to go quietly into the night.

mollipen

Not sure if it is okay to ask a general question here, but is there any consensus on whether the 1000 is the superior build quality for thumbsticks? The OLED doesn't make a big difference to me and the shorter battery life isn't fantastic but durability of the controls would make choosing between the two versions dead simple.

This thread is for anything Vita-related, so of course! I can't say I've done extensive testing, but they're both pretty close to the same to me in terms of analog sticks and buttons. I also don't believe I've seen much in the way of comments about stick build quality, as in that one model is noticeably better than another.

If I'm wrong on that, though, hopefully someone will correct me.

That's literally hilarious. Like I'm sure it has happened before, but certainly I've never seen a game cancelled not once; but twice for the same platform.

It's not like I'm massively disappointed that the actual game is gone either. Like, I'd have played it if it released, but it's not something I'm itching to play even on other platforms - like 2064; Drift Stage; Papers, Please etc.

What is disappointing is what Takao says - the lost opportunities from this port. Gio and Third Party Productions funded a year and a half worth of work on this game for it to be canned - that could have gone on funding y'know, a sea of smaller ports or something bigger like Stardew Valley.

But I find it even worse that it was Code Mystics working on this. I know their porting history on Vita is mostly Neo Geo emulation work, but they also did Risk of Rain and Super Star Wars and seem fairly competent on the handheld. Could've spent that time getting like, a King of Fighters game onto Vita with online play. Or any number of other ports.

What an absolute clusterfuck.

Top Bottom