• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Shinriji

Having a little read here about Delta, it's described as a sequel, but also is kind of an enhanced extended version of the first? So would you recommend I play through the original first, or is it worth just skipping ahead and getting Delta?

Delta is a huge improvement from SS. I'd say start with SSD.

baekshi

Banned
Having a little read here about Delta, it's described as a sequel, but also is kind of an enhanced extended version of the first? So would you recommend I play through the original first, or is it worth just skipping ahead and getting Delta?
Skip SS, Delta is nearly an sequel withs tons of more story added and of course previous story in also. It is also an huge improvement by a mile, making over 100 changes from balances, graphics, and has new additional content.

After you download Delta, you ll probably have to download patches which included tons of more free DLC and fixes.

Schryver

Quick question. I just got my Vita in the mail but Amazon is so slow to ship my memory card for some reason :/ Do main settings or anything save onto the console itself or should I just wait for my card to start messing around with it?

Quick question. I just got my Vita in the mail but Amazon is so slow to ship my memory card for some reason :/ Do main settings or anything save onto the console itself or should I just wait for my card to start messing around with it?

Yeah, all hardware settings save to the console itself.

Is it one of the new Vita 2000 models? That one also has 1GB of memory built-in which can work for downloads/game saves.

batrush

All data on the internal memory can be transferred to your memory card once it is inserted. No need to wait.

incpdo

It Is not a sequel its a better version of the previous game but has a lot of more content to offer so yeah , skip it and go ahead with the real game which is Delta.

Lets clarify , Soul Sacrifice Delta it is a much better looking and bigger version of the first game but it is NOT a sequel so please go ahead and buy it you will not miss anything from the first one.

baekshi

Banned
It Is not a sequel its a better version of the previous game but has a lot of more content to offer so yeah , skip it and go ahead with the real game which is Delta.

Lets clarify , Soul Sacrifice Delta it is a much better looking and bigger version of the first game but it is NOT a sequel so please go ahead and buy it you will not miss anything from the first one.

It's nearly a sequel, you could take story away from previous game and it did still have lots of story left.

incpdo

It's nearly a sequel, you could take story away from previous game and it did still have lots of story left.

i bet the guy is asking about not being a sequel in case he is missing something. both we can agree at least is the definitive version of the game and this is the version to buy.

Novocaine

Think of the Soul Sacrifice games in this way...

SS = Street Fighter 2 world warrior
SS:D = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

No point in playing the first game at all. It's a shell of Delta.

18-Volt

So, Hyper Dimension Neptune U next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA8OLfMJO9I

Great to see that IFI doesn't skip any game. So buying this. Hopefully they'll do Moero Chronicles next.

Namco should take a hint and up their localization. There are tons of great stuff they are making Japan exclsuive but all we get are stupid Pac-man cartoon tie-in games. They actually require us to have petition to localize just single game. Smh.

baekshi

Banned
Great to see that IFI doesn't skip any game. So buying this. Hopefully they'll do Moero Chronicles next.

Namco should take a hint and up their localization. There are tons of great stuff they are making Japan exclsuive but all we get are stupid Pac-man cartoon tie-in games. They actually require us to have petition to localize just single game. Smh.

I said this before but they are fast at translating also!!

maouvin

Have you ever ordered a back ordered item before? I want to know how long it takes for them ship a back ordered item.

I ordered there a back-ordered something once (the hori face cover iirc). They cancelled the order after a few days because they wouldn't be able to get the item. You'll need to try your luck.

I ordered there a back-ordered something once (the hori face cover iirc). They cancelled the order after a few days because they wouldn't be able to get the item. You'll need to try your luck.
If that doesn't work, I'll buy from PlayAsia. I hear they aren't PO BOX friendly but I'll give it a try thanks.

Do we know if King of the dragon pass is coming, I remember reading about it a long time ago and I really want games like this on the Vita (80days, aviary attorney, sunless sea/fallen London, yearwalk etc.).

Have anyone heard anything?

Edit: BTW are these games visual novels or do they count as something else?

Producer

it would take even longer to localize Sora Evo for vita

they already are working on SC for PSP/PC, might as well finish that and leave sora evo for 2020 or something

and how can they have already started localization for a game that isnt even finished yet

18-Volt

it would take even longer to localize Sora Evo for vita

they already are working on SC for PSP/PC, might as well finish that and leave sora evo for 2020 or something

and how can they have already started localization for a game that isnt even finished yet

I really don't think SC PSP localization is alive anymore. It's a PSP game for godssake, and its Vita version is also coming, why bother? I think SC & TC will be localized only for PC.

PSP and Evo versions not that different as I recall (I might be wrong I haven't played them), FC is already localized and they are working on SC, translating Sora Evo games should be much easier right? Also I don't think translation of just two games would take 5 years. What are they, games as long as whole Song of Ice and Fire books?

Shizuka

I really don't think SC PSP localization is alive anymore. It's a PSP game for godssake, and its Vita version is also coming, why bother? I think SC & TC will be localized only for PC.

PSP and Evo versions not that different as I recall (I might be wrong I haven't played them), FC is already localized and they are working on SC, translating Sora Evo games should be much easier right? Also I don't think translation of just two games would take 5 years. What are they, games as long as whole Song of Ice and Fire books?

It's alive and well, XSEED is even gearing up for a simultaneous release with the PC version.

So basically, you're now going to be getting SC a lot later than you wanted it, but on PSP *and* PC, and with a lot of fanfare and hope for the rest of the series... as opposed to much sooner, but on PSP exclusively and pretty much doomed to obscurity, with no hope for the rest of the series.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143526112&postcount=181

Producer

Meh. I think XSEED should focus on Marvelous games more, 2015 has tons of them. Falcom games just eating their valuable time.

they are, they're working on Story of Seasons right now. And im pretty sure they are working on SK2 now too.

they work on multiple projects at a time, i dont think working on Trails is affecting their other games too much

I won $400 at work and I am struggling with a decision. I have a PS4 now and I would love another vita ( I had one for 2 years but sold it last july) or get an xbox one.

ugh.

batrush

I won $400 at work and I am struggling with a decision. I have a PS4 now and I would love another vita ( I had one for 2 years but sold it last july) or get an xbox one.

ugh.

I would get a Vita in your case, unless there's an Xbox exclusive that really interests you. Much of the PS4 and X1 libraries will overlap in the end. Seems unnecessary to go for both.

Takao

Banned

ugh.

PS4 and Xbox One are both home consoles that have software libraries that for the most part are identical. While a large part of Vita's is shared with PS4, the platform at least offers portability and cross-buy on many of them. Is Sunset Overdrive, Halo, etc. worth $400 to you?

I would get a Vita in your case, unless there's an Xbox exclusive that really interests you. Much of the PS4 and X1 libraries will overlap in the end. Seems unnecessary to go for both.

PS4 and Xbox One are both home consoles that have software libraries that for the most part are identical. While a large part of Vita's is shared with PS4, the platform at least offers portability and cross-buy on many of them. Is Sunset Overdrive, Halo, etc. worth $400 to you?

You guys are right and have convicted me. Its VITA time for me again.

18-Volt

they are, they're working on Story of Seasons right now. And im pretty sure they are working on SK2 now too.

they work on multiple projects at a time, i dont think working on Trails is affecting their other games too much

Corpse Party Blood Drive should be top priority for them. Lots of people are eagerly waiting for the sequel thanks to pewdiepie.

Wasn't Bakumatsu Rock Ultra Soul rumored to be localized too? Maybe that's their next Vita game. From what I saw it's a pretty interesting rhythm game.

Producer

Corpse Party Blood Drive should be top priority for them. Lots of people are eagerly waiting for the sequel thanks to pewdiepie.

Wasn't Bakumatsu Rock Ultra Soul rumored to be localized too? Maybe that's their next Vita game. From what I saw it's a pretty interesting rhythm game.

oh man i forgot he did a lets play on Corpse Party. No doubt the biggest exposure the series will ever have in the western world lol.

but yeah i'm really looking forward to Blood Drive, hopefully they don't leave us hanging and not give us the final part of the trilogy.

I'll be damned - a new Square Enix game - not a port - for the Vita and not the 3DS for a change. Good stuff!
I think S-E had already finished calculating what kind of games will fit for the Vita. Seeing them actually start from Lords of Apocalypse to Million Arthur to Chaos Rings PSM to Chaos Rings port + F2P Mana to this, makes me have a little hope that they'll continue bringing games to the system.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
J-Stars Victory VS+ and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3' vita versions are leaving Japan. Actually psyched about J-stars (played it at a local vita group meeting for Toukiden LOL), I'm a casual Fighting games fan though so impressions of it might change for someone who's deeply into fighting games. Victory VS+ is an expansion.

Sources:
Bandai Namco Announcement
J-Stars Neogaf Thread
One Piece Neogaf thread
EDIT: Thanks for the tip baekshi!

baekshi

Banned
I think S-E had already finished calculating what kind of games will fit for the Vita. Seeing them actually start from Lords of Apocalypse to Million Arthur to Chaos Rings PSM to Chaos Rings port + F2P Mana to this, makes me have a little hope that they'll continue bringing games to the system.
J-Stars Victory VS+ and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3' vita versions are leaving Japan. Actually psyched about J-stars (played it at a local vita group meeting for Toukiden LOL), I'm a casual Fighting games fan though so impressions of it might change for someone who's deeply into fighting games.

Sources:
J-Stars Neogaf Thread
One Piece Neogaf thread
J-Stars Victory VS+ is a expansion, it never came out in Japan.

Edit: Some guy is saying it might have characters cut out so... might be a downgraded version in addition to new "Arcade Mode" . Unless it's physical, not buying this again.

incpdo

J-Stars Victory VS+ and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3' vita versions are leaving Japan. Actually psyched about J-stars (played itñ at a local vita group meeting for Toukiden LOL), I'm a casual Fighting games fan though so impressions of it might change for someone who's deeply into fighting games. Victory VS+ is an expansion.

Sources:
J-Stars Neogaf Thread
One Piece Neogaf thread
EDIT: Thanks for the tip baekshi!
a kingdom hearts . thats what vita needs. Disney infinity 2.0 and square Enix creating vita exclusives makes me wonder what if a "kingdom hearts visions of the past" would appear in vita's lifespan?

18-Volt

J-Stars Victory VS+ and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3' vita versions are leaving Japan. Actually psyched about J-stars (played it at a local vita group meeting for Toukiden LOL), I'm a casual Fighting games fan though so impressions of it might change for someone who's deeply into fighting games. Victory VS+ is an expansion.

Holy crap Vita is really turning into a beast of a machine in 2015. All it needs to win 2015 are these three localizations: God Eater 2 Burst Rage, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Phantasy Star Nova. Come on, Namco & Sega! Come on! #buildingthelist

Unrelated, that mysterious LoH Evolution title indeed is Trails in the Sky First Chapter. Wonder if XSEED could use their PSP translation and localize this game fast? They don't need to do English VA, Japanese VA would be enough for everyone.

Shizuka

Holy crap Vita is really turning into a beast of a machine in 2015. All it needs to win 2015 are these three localizations: God Eater 2 Burst Rage, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Phantasy Star Nova. Come on, Namco & Sega! Come on! #buildingthelist

Unrelated, that mysterious LoH Evolution title indeed is Trails in the Sky First Chapter. Wonder if XSEED could use their PSP translation and localize this game fast? They don't need to do English VA, Japanese VA would be enough for everyone.

Case is being fully-voiced, it'd be expensive to license even the japanese voicework.

redcrayon

I'd settle for Ys 8 and Phantasy Star :D

Top Bottom