• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Tanoooki

Someone registered my smash code already ; ;

There was a Game Stop I used to go to where all the Nintendo games were already opened and the My Nintendo registration codes were missing. Thankfully they went under, the manager was probably stealing the codes and selling them on ebay.

Dat Rosalina poster
is awful. I hate that lady.
Yeah I could see it being awesome if you're a fan of her/the others but that's the only one that's totally unappealing to me. I've never played Animal Crossing, but at least that poster is more representative of Smash Bros rather than "uh....here's Rosalina flying I guess, look there's Star Fox!"

zroid

Banned
Just saying, regardless of Rosalina being on that poster, the art is representative mostly of Super Mario Galaxy, so I don't see how you could dislike it unless you're a communist

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
There was a Game Stop I used to go to where all the Nintendo games were already opened and the My Nintendo registration codes were missing. Thankfully they went under, the manager was probably stealing the codes and selling them on ebay.
I presume that this is the reason they've started printing codes on the inside of the cover art.

Joe Molotov

I'm in the camp that it's apart of one last gas before physical rewards are done with entirely. I'm only interested in the Smash Soundtrack anyway. 700 coins for posters? No thank you NOA. I'll just wait for Super Metroid or even better, a Wario Land bundle.

Remember that time they offered 3DS XL cradles? That was a great 10 seconds.

kennah

Slightly OT - but the special edition Refurbished systems have dropped $10. So the Yoshi, Mario/Luigi and Zelda ones are $140 now instead of $150. Zelda is out of stock.

It's weird how different GStops can be. Mine seems to be run by great guys and every new Nintendo game has had unused CN codes. On top of that, all the used Ninty game I've gotten there have had codes that worked. Luck of the draw unfortunately.

The only downside is that now we won't get any cool reversible covers.
Maybe not full on revesible covers, but there should be no reason to print something in there that's visible through the little square holes in the plastic, like they do all the time in Japan. But if they didn't do it much before, it's probably never happening again.

Just saying, regardless of Rosalina being on that poster, the art is representative mostly of Super Mario Galaxy, so I don't see how you could dislike it unless you're a communist
Being an expert of communists and a first hand witness on their hatred of videogames, fun and related goodness, I have to agree. Yes, they are communists.

vazel

Banned
Bayonetta 1 (Digital) only got me 40 coins - is that correct? or is it supposed to be 50?
Yup. 30 coins because it's a $30 game, plus 10 coins because you bought it in the first month. Unfortunately Bayonetta 1 digital didn't have an intend to buy survey otherwise it would have been another extra 10 coins.

Slightly OT - but the special edition Refurbished systems have dropped $10. So the Yoshi, Mario/Luigi and Zelda ones are $140 now instead of $150. Zelda is out of stock.

No Pokemon ones though?

I think printing the CN codes on the insert is just a cost-saving issue. Manuals aren't as super-thick as they used to be and the cases are more eco-friendly now.

wilflare

Yup. 30 coins because it's a $30 game, plus 10 coins because you bought it in the first month. Unfortunately Bayonetta 1 digital didn't have an intend to buy survey otherwise it would have been another extra 10 coins.

thanks! got confused by the Club Nintendo site. it wrote 50*

Yort

Has anyone not got coins and the survey for Demon's Crest? I downloaded it on Friday, but I didn't get coins. It does show up in my product list, though. Also, does Guacamelee give coins? I haven't seen anything for it. If it doesn't, it's the first eShop game I've ever downloaded that doesn't.

SalvaPot

So I just did the Bayonetta 2 survey and it gave me 70 coin instead of the 50 everyone else is reporting, just to let you guys know.

I didn't made the "intent to purchase" survey.

zroid

Banned
So I just did the Bayonetta 2 survey and it gave me 70 coin instead of the 50 everyone else is reporting, just to let you guys know.

I didn't made the "intent to purchase" survey.

Interesting. This is what I saw earlier:

JrPZRSy.png

And this is today:

vEh5aVt.png

So yeah it's changed. :p I wonder if people who registered it earlier were given the extra coins?

So I recently got a survey for the Jett Rocket WiiWare demo I downloaded ages ago... any ideas as to why it might have only been showing up now? Also it's kinda weird because I never got any surveys for any of the other WiiWare demos I tried...

Anyways, I recently spent some Club Nintendo coins on MaBoShi's Arcade; haven't actually tried it yet though...

Isotope

The Intend to Buy surveys for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, NES REMIX PACK, and Ultimate NES Remix are available. Each survey expires on November 28 and pertain to the physical versions.

OmegaFax

I got my posters yesterday. Mailed them in a cardboard tube. Surprisingly arrived at my doorstep completely intact. Need to get the exact dimensions off the website so I can frame them and hang them around the room.

Velcro Fly

Torn on NES Remix.

On the one hand having the entire package would be swell. On the other hand having it portable for a few minutes at a time play would be perfect. And I don't think I want to buy both.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
NES Remix and Smash
Digital Smash is there. You sure you didn't already fill it out and forgot about it? Are they even releasing the NES Remix digitally? They're already on the eShop separately so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't re-release it as a bundle on the eShop.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any of you guys get the Amiibo Survey?

Some interesting questions are a bit about features we are excited about (Which mentions things like adding characters, additional levels, and Amiibo only games) and if I am interested in alternative colors to existing Amiibos.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, no. Wonder how they choose which users get it. Heck, considering I have Hyrule Warriors & MK8 registered, I'd probably get it since those are Amiibo-supported games.

zruben

Banned
Any of you guys get the Amiibo Survey?

Some interesting questions are a bit about features we are excited about (Which mentions things like adding characters, additional levels, and Amiibo only games) and if I am interested in alternative colors to existing Amiibos.

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

RoadDogg

I got the Amiibo survey. I explained to them a scenario in which you would carry progress from a 3DS to a Wii U game (and vice versa) using an Amiibo. My caveat was that they were different games but related by story some how. I used Metroid as my example... Fingers crossed. I told them I wanted alternative color Amiibo too, but I have a feeling that just means they will make a fire flower mario one.

Top Bottom