• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

wilflare

Well this is it. Less than 48 hours until we know platinum. I honesly hope for Yoshi's New Island or Tomagatchi Life. Fantasy Life would be cool as suggested but I don't think Nintendo would have the rights to offer that. They only published it in NA right? So Level 5 would own it.

Can't get any WiiU games sadly because I can't afford a hard drive atm unless its really REALLY small.

If theres no retail games I want, I should be able to sell one of them for $10 or so. So either way its great for me. :) Of course everyone else will be selling theirs but $10 should be an alright deal right? I remember not being able to sell at $15 last year so I'll start with $10 (which I did sell) and see how it goes. Won't go lower than that.

Can't think of any other 1st party games that I want that I don't already own. Probably forgetting something tho.

I guess if worse comes to worse the Fluidity 3DS game should be there. I wanted that for awhile now. Didn't have enough coins for it, only 150 in the end which I spent on Metroid 2.

you can get Yoshi Island for $18USD at Boxed Deals if you want

I'm glad that this piece of shit service is coming an end. The site still doesn't load properly, and I have less than 48 hours to register the rest of my codes. I guess I'll try it again in a few hours when everybody is sleeping.

HF2014

Willing to give away my 145 points left on my account. Give me a game code you got , so you can get at least 150 points so you can download a gameboy game . Please PM me to do it. Just one code please, dont send me two three code to get to 200 coins to get a bigger game, just giving out the chance of someone to get a gameboy game for free. Send me a message first without the code because its crazy slow atm, but just to confirm your position you want to give a club nintendo code so you can get your game. Only one spot. Will PM you the download once i can log in and get it... I will quote this message to say the spot is reserved.

HF2014

Willing to give away my 145 points left on my account. Give me a game code you got , so you can get at least 150 points so you can download a gameboy game . Please PM me to do it. Just one code please, dont send me two three code to get to 200 coins to get a bigger game, just giving out the chance of someone to get a gameboy game for free. Send me a message first without the code because its crazy slow atm, but just to confirm your position you want to give a club nintendo code so you can get your game. Only one spot. Will PM you the download once i can log in and get it... I will quote this message to say the spot is reserved.

Spot reserved by Hero of Legend

Anybody know when the site usually stops getting hammered? I remember the first day physical awards were up everything was clear 2 AM Eastern.

Any way to make Club Nintendo think you're on the West Coast? I'm on the East and it seems stuff expires promptly at Midnight Eastern. Wish it was luck basically everywhere else where it's midnight Pacific that stuff expires or starts.

//ARCANUM

Im trying to register two codes that I know are good. When I tried registering both, I got this:

Whoops!

The info you're looking for can't be found. You might want to try searching again, going back to the homepage , or exploring one of the pages below:

And when I try the codes again it now tells me they've already been redeemed, but I do not have the survey OR the coins for them.... am I screwed? Did it just eat the codes?

edit - clearly the site is having issues right now... did I just pick the *worst* time to try and enter codes? are the codes eaten? what are my options?

double edit - okay the surveys just showed up, yay! just club nintendo being club nintendo.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
At 580 coins....Hoping the servers come back up and my 3DSXL survey is ready. Really want platinum and Kid Icarus.

Eff EB Games.... I bought Persona Q there full price yesterday to play later, but mostly to get the CN points before the deadline. What do you know?... they sold me a second hand Persona Q rewrap at full price. NO Club Nintendo code sheet in the box, but there were a couple of what look like baguette crumbs in there. Clearly 2nd hand, not marked as such and they charged me full price. I don't think it would have put me into platinum but it would have been close and I would have probs bought a couple digital things to reach it... now I just want to take that know it all manager from the 20/20 University EB Games in Montreal and give him infinite middle fingers.

"Oh I found one here in the back"... THANKS BUDDY.

Converse

Banned
Redeemed the last of my coins late last night, on Sakura Samurai. I've been curious about that one for a while, and I'm always excited to check out new Nintendo IPs (even though they apparently don't make them).

And, shit, I totally forgot that April was creeping up! Can't wait to grab a platinum reward -- there're a ton of likely candidates I'd be really happy to pick up. Tomodachi Life, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze seem plausible, just off the top of my head. And if by some bizarre chance there's nothing I want, I'd be more than happy to grab Star Fox 64 3D instead (I believe last year you were able to pick from any of the digital game rewards if you didn't like the platinum offerings).

//ARCANUM

Just keep trying. I had been trying to sign in every few minutes since about 8, and I was only just now able to complete my last survey. It's really struggling, but there's hope.

i'm signed in thankfully, but i can't get a survey finished without a "whoops!"

trixx

If anyone wants to trade codes hit me up. Doesn't matter what code so long as it gives 20 coins. I have NSMBU code up for trade

//ARCANUM

So I just used 1200 coins (I was platinum) and now it says "300 coins to gold", is that normal?, did I lose my platinum status?, wat?

Yeah it's definitely a glitch, I have platinum and 710 coins right now and it just refreshed and went back to 300 to gold. should go back soon.

Does anyone remember if the original Wii console comes with a Club Nintendo pin? Trying to help my friend reach platinum but he can't find any pin for his original Wii.

PMS341

Ugh. I am 10 coins away from Kid Icarus, and have registered just about every code I can think of, as far as physical games go.

ffdgh

Wow if the site is this bad tonight, I can just imagine how tomorrow will be trying to add coins/final post plays.

Also My post plays are up much sooner than expected.

Every time I've checked the Club Nintendo website in the last 6 months it has been unresponsive / super slow because of demand. Come on Nintendo make it look like you care a little bit.

wilflare

help me decide guys - which game should I ALWAYS have on my new3DSXL

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Donkey Kong Country Returns
New Super Mario Bros. 2

--
anything that I can play with my brother or girlfriend via multiplayer?
I have the physical version of all 3 games

Roo

No one believed me
They better have the rewards up in time.

We *literally* only have April to redeem them and I'm sure as hell we'll get another situation where the site will be down most of the time due to the stupidly insane amount of traffic.

Thousands of people trying to redeem their rewards at the same time. Most of them will fail to go beyond the confirmation page. Nintendo servers will crash, their phone lines will desperately ring all day. Their email will be flooded with rage emails demanding an answer and a solution for missing codes.

What happened back in February was only a tease. A sneak peek. This is the real deal.
We are not worthy :p

And this is only a day before the storm :p

Top Bottom