• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

TehOh

Slitherlink is really weird.

Not only was there no registration survey, the post-play survey is a Virtual Console one (even though Slitherlink is an original eShop game). It's asking if I've played it on the original system, and how I feel about the Virtual Console service.

Wonder if the same thing will happen with Bomb Monkey and Marvel Pinball 3D, since they didn't have registration surveys either.

Drago

Wii U +3DS XL + free Wii U downloads will probably be at least 350 coins. 350 coins would be three Wii U games and a downloadable title, if you buy them at launch and intend to buy. Add an extra downloadable title if you buy a 3DS game instead of one of the Wii U ones.

It'll be a cakewalk, seriously.
If one doesnt plan on buying a WiiU or an XL I could see it being hell, almost no Wii releases and 3DS retail/downloads will be almost all you have. Won't be a problem for me though ;)

donny2112

Wii U +3DS XL + free Wii U downloads will probably be at least 350 coins.

Will be buying 3DSXL. Probably won't be buying a Wii U at launch and may not in this CN year. However, haven't even registered my regular 3DS, yet (it's linked, though), so may not register 3DSXL, yet, either. Hoarding old games and only putting them in as needed takes a little extra work to manage, but it means not needing to worry about buying x games this year in order to make Platinum this year. :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wii U +3DS XL + free Wii U downloads will probably be at least 350 coins. The remaining 250 coins would be three Wii U games and a downloadable title, if you buy them at launch and intend to buy. Add an extra downloadable title if you buy a 3DS game instead of one of the Wii U ones. This ignores the release of any system specific or Club Nintendo satisfaction surveys, which we are due for too. There could even be a limited time bonus for linking your Wii U to its shop like the 40 coin one for the 3DS.

It'll be a cakewalk, seriously.

3DS codes for every game and eShop content basically carried us last year, with almost no Wii titles. So this year with the Wii U.. and the amazing 3DS holiday lineup. got dayum, it's going to be easy.

Drago

I'm glad 3rd party games have codes now too. Makes getting to the goal even easier :)

Hope that continues with the WiiU and beyond and that more 3rd parties put codes in their packages

zroid

Banned
pretty sad that the two July Squeenix games don't seem to have codes. They're actually going to be my first third party 3DS purchases o_o

pretty sad that the two July Squeenix games don't seem to have codes. They're actually going to be my first third party 3DS purchases o_o

NOA should really make it consistent with the third-party games. I'd like to get coins for all my purchases ideally, just give us coins for all of them already =\

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Maybe a Squeenix issue, not wanting to double their own points and Club Nintendo ones? I hope it's not a sign of returning to 1st party only games.

joedick

NOA should really make it consistent with the third-party games. I'd like to get coins for all my purchases ideally, just give us coins for all of them already =\

I'm sure the third parties have to pay to be on board. I can't imagine Nintendo would give them all that market research for free.

Cactus

Banned
Maybe a Squeenix issue, not wanting to double their own points and Club Nintendo ones? I hope it's not a sign of returning to 1st party only games.

Did any DS games from S-E include a Club Nintendo code? I know a couple of the Dragon Quest games did, but those were published by Nintendo.

Drago

3rd party CN codes didn't start until 3DS I believe, and I expect all future Nintendo systems will have 3rd party codes as well

Cactus

Banned
No, but they never had any third party DS games with CN codes either.

3rd party CN codes didn't start until 3DS I believe, and I expect all future Nintendo systems will have 3rd party codes as well

That makes sense, thanks. Most of my 3rd party DS games were bought before Club Nintendo launched in North America, so I wasn't completely sure when they started including codes.

Just filled out the post-play surveys to RE Revelations and Tales of the Abyss that I had been saving since I already hit Platinum for the previous year. Guess I also need to register Xenoblade Chronicles when I get home.

Probably should have registered Xenoblade before the other two since the Intent to Buy bonus on that has now expired...

I was thinking: how cool would it be (for us in America) that if you got Plat status in 2012 it netted you a prize (Mario pillow, please) and an automatic entry at a special 3DS (Peach, Toad, Mario) raffle? That would be great for all of us Plats.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What was the value of every major Wii release since last July, like 300 coins, 360 with intending to buy?

2012 will be ridiculously easy for 3DS owners.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This thread had been thinking about my games today, so I went back and started looking through my collection for any missed titles. Surprisingly, DQIX and Bowser's Inside Story weren't registered yet. It's like Christmas! Platinum one day in.

Don't ask me what happened in 2010. I regret missing that prize so badly. :(

S4WOl.png

Clipper

I've added a Current News section to the end of the OP that I plan to keep updated with the most prevalent news and info about things we want to know more about.

This thread had been thinking about my games today, so I went back and started looking through my collection for any missed titles. Surprisingly, DQIX and Bowser's Inside Story weren't registered yet. It's like Christmas! Platinum one day in.

Don't ask me what happened in 2010. I regret missing that prize so badly. :(

S4WOl.png

I missed platinum in 2010 as well and get sad every time I think about it. :-(

Platinum will probably come for me early next year, as I'll need some hardware (3DS XL, Wii U) to get me close.

Has there ever been any data on how many folks reach gold/platinum each year?

sikkinixx

I was thinking: how cool would it be (for us in America) that if you got Plat status in 2012 it netted you a prize (Mario pillow, please) and an automatic entry at a special 3DS (Peach, Toad, Mario) raffle? That would be great for all of us Plats.

Or special access to the White or Black 3DS XL *sad face*....

Jzero

nah Japan get's all the cool shit.

Thoraxes

My inevitable XL purchase will probably help me secure Platinum again.

I'm also really hoping for the SE titles this month to have some integration, but given they have their own thing there, I doubt it.

bumpkin

Hmm... The July game choices for rewards are decidedly underwhelming. This does not make me feel confident that the gold/platinum rewards will be, well, decent. :(

rpmurphy

Here you go.

If it's not announce tomorrow (Monday) then there's no telling when.
Yeah, I give the fact that this year's July 1st was a Sunday, so if it doesn't get announced tomorrow, I'll knock over a magazine rack or something. :p

iphys

Wait, did you REGISTER it, or are you just going by the list on the page?

No, I'm just going off their list of values. Could be the new list that's in error rather than their first list, but being as it was the only title that supposedly wasn't going down when its Selects counterpart was, it sort of makes sense that the first list was in error.

NFreak

Club Nintendo seems to be down for me. Is that the case for anyone else?

Edit: nvm. I was excited and thought they'd be updating the site with the rewards but I guess it was just down for a bit.

I really hope the reward is something non-Mario themed this year.

I'd like that pillow, but I agree. Mario has such broad appeal, however, that I have no idea what else Nintendo could pick outside that franchise. Maybe a choice of prize between the Mario pillow and a more niche thing?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey, the Mario hat 3DS case is missing... anyone know when that vanished? I thought it was there recently...

I'm busy doing a spreadsheet update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

1) Super Mario Galaxy is now only 20 coins, unlike the earlier chart on the CN site said it would be -- right?

2) Tote bag and Mario 3DS case are out of stock

3) 2 new download rewards, with odd expiration dates.

Is there anything else of note that I should be tracking?

Is it just me.. or does the "intend to buy" bonus seems harder to find? Used to see it advertised on the side. Now... I'm not sure where to look it up. :\

EYEL1NER

Hey, the Mario hat 3DS case is missing... anyone know when that vanished? I thought it was there recently...

1) Super Mario Galaxy is now only 20 coins, unlike the earlier chart on the CN site said it would be -- right?

The hat vanished within the past week. I was posting in the old thread about wanting it real bad but also wanting the Hanafuda cards. Ended up buying the hat case from someone for $10 the day after it disappeared and then used my coins for Hanafuda.

olimpia84

Registered a few old games that I had and I'm up to 280 coins. Hitting platinum should not be a problem since I'll probably end up getting the WiiU at launch and I believe I have a few 3DS game codes.

OmegaZero

Stupid question, but if my status history says I don't qualify for the 2013 Platinum status, does that mean I'm missing out on this year's prize?

EDIT: Derp, thought so. Re-read the OP and it answered my question.

Clipper

Is it just me.. or does the "intend to buy" bonus seems harder to find? Used to see it advertised on the side. Now... I'm not sure where to look it up. :\
The games appear in the Earn Coins page when they are available for Intend to Buy. You can't miss them when they are there, but you can't find them when they are not ;).

Stupid question, but if my status history says I don't qualify for the 2013 Platinum status, does that mean I'm missing out on this year's prize?

EDIT: Derp, though so. Re-read the OP and it answered my question.
2013 Platinum Status won't be ready until next year. It's 2012 Platinum Status that we just did.

Weird... did anybody else notice this for Electroplankton and Mario Tennis?

"The Electroplankton Rec-Rec game can be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS™ system for $1.99. For a limited time only until July 15, 2012, Club Nintendo members can get a download ticket for just 100 Coins."

"The Mario Tennis game, originally released for the Nintendo 64™ system, can be downloaded from the Virtual Console™ section of the Wii Shop Channel for 1,000 Wii Points™. For a limited time only until July 22, 2012, Club Nintendo members can get a download ticket for just 150 Coins."

I wonder if they will change the games then throughout the month. I guess it would make sense since there are only two games available right now instead of the typical four

iphys

Just noticed Order Up is still listed as 10 coins for registration on both the eligible products and earn coins pages -- perhaps because it's a $10 game? Also, I don't specifically see SML2 listed on the eligible products page, although they had said it would still have a 10-coin registration survey, so it would be nice if someone could confirm that it still does.

joedick

Weird... did anybody else notice this for Electroplankton and Mario Tennis?

I wonder if they will change the games then throughout the month. I guess it would make sense since there are only two games available right now instead of the typical four

Yeah, it's been mentioned. I wonder if games will stay up for 2 weeks, with an alternating schedule so there's a new one every week?

Fularu

Banned
Platinum three years in a row, already in prety good shape for 2013 (with 30 surveys to go, will be a piece of cake, and that's without the Wii U, 3DS XL and some random stuff)

Um4RW.jpg

Top Bottom