• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Retail Musings for 7/20 - 7/26

FrankT

gogogow said:
No, it wasnt, not until much later and it was limited (60GB version).

Wait, what, it was bundled however, but it is probably closer to somewhere around 2.5-3 million at this point.

Case said:
O_O Damn, Gears 2 is gunna shit on Resistance 2

It is going to be interesting to say the very least especially so after seeing those pre-order lists. I'm still wondering if they will ship the same week or not.

gogogow

Jtyettis said:
Wait, what, it was bundled however, but it is probably closer to somewhere around 2.5-3 million at this point.

It is going to be interesting to say the very least especially so after seeing those pre-order lists. I'm still wondering if they will ship the same week or not.
Yeah, what I'm trying to say is that it wasn't bundled right away at PS3 launch in Europe.
SCEE introduced the pack (with 60GB PS3) in August and in October Sony released the 40GB.

FrankT

gogogow said:
Yeah, what I'm trying to say is that it wasn't bundled right away at PS3 launch in Europe.
SCEE introduced the pack (with 60GB PS3) in August and in October Sony released the 40GB.

Ah, yes indeed.

Cheech

Jtyettis said:

I don't think there was every any question about Gears vs. Resistance. I don't think Resistance is even going to crack the top 5 this holiday, let alone beat out Gears. Not with CoD5, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Fallout 3, Gears, Lego Batman, etc. all waiting to drop.

I'm buying both Resistance AND Gears, but if they dropped on the exact same date, there is no question which one I'd crack open first. :D I suspect most multi-console owners share this POV. I think Resistance's huge sell through numbers have more to do with it being a launch title, and the best title on the system for well over a year, than it being a spectacular AAA super awesome game. That said, I expect its sequel to be about 30x better. I'm psyched for this fall.

AniHawk said:
Pre-order numbers

Interesting numbers Anihawk, thanks.

One thing I noticed is that the 360 pre-orders are higher for Guitar Hero: World Tour than the Wii version. Even if this is the case around the country, I do think the Wii version will end up selling best, since the more casual crowd that'll buy the game for Wii isn't the type who would pre-order the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Diseased Yak said:
Question for you retail guys: Do you think Civ:Rev hasn't shipped enough copies, or is it simply that popular?

I really hope it's the latter, it deserves it. I had no trouble picking up my copy on release day, but ever since I've only seen it once (PS3 version) on the shelves. Otherwise, it's sold out every time I check the local shops.

I think it's a combination of the two. You probably won't see it topping NPD or anything, but being in the Top Ten is a sure bet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I has preorder numbers too:

Xbox:

Fallout 3 - 6
Fable (both regular and LE) - 35
Madden 2009 - 27
Tales of Vesperia - 2
Infinite Undiscovery - 4
Gears of War 2 - 32

Wii:

Star Wars Force Unleashed - 6
Madden 2009 - 3
Animal Crossing - 1
Mario Super Sluggers - 1

PS3:

LittleBigPlanet - 6
Madden 2009 - 15
Resistance 2 - 8
Valkyria Chronicles - 3
Disgaea 3 - 3
Fallout 3 - 4

PC:
Wrath of the Litch King - 65
Starcraft 2 - 10

PS2:

Persona 4 - 1
Madden 2009 - 5
Star Wars Force Unleashed - 2

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari

Too bad I am not near your store, I would pre-order a bunch of ps3 games, well just Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
Kagari

Too bad I am not near your store, I would pre-order a bunch of ps3 games, well just Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet.

;D

I hope more people pick up Valkyria.
My friend who hates RPGs of any kind preordered it on a whim one day :eek: It certainly amazed me.

tanod said:
It'd make sense that a game with a hard release date will find it easier to get preorders than a game that doesn't.

To be fair, I don't think Fable has a hard release date, just same month as LBP I believe.

That aside, really happy to see nice Fable numbers.

Kagari said:
I has preorder numbers too:

Xbox:

Fallout 3 - 6
Fable (both regular and LE) - 35
Madden 2009 - 27
Tales of Vesperia - 2
Infinite Undiscovery - 4
Gears of War 2 - 32

Wii:

Star Wars Force Unleashed - 6
Madden 2009 - 3
Animal Crossing - 1
Mario Super Sluggers - 1

PS3:

LittleBigPlanet - 6
Madden 2009 - 15
Resistance 2 - 8
Valkyria Chronicles - 3
Disgaea 3 - 3
Fallout 3 - 4

PC:
Wrath of the Litch King - 65
Starcraft 2 - 10

PS2:

Persona 4 - 1
Madden 2009 - 5
Star Wars Force Unleashed - 2

Really interesting figures, thanks for posting!

Wasn't it you who said your store tends to be bias towards the ps3 as you are in a more affluent area?

Sony need to hype up LBP more, its going to be a tricky sale but the game really deserves it.

Amzes that Fable 2 has out preordered Gears of War 2, maybe down to the demographic of player?

Top Bottom