• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V/H/S Viral (aka V/H/S 3, horror anthology series) trailer released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMebnH0mgA

Fame-obsessed teens hell-bent on capturing the next viral video discover they are the stars of the latest internet sensation. V/H/S VIRAL is the third and most intense installment in the groundbreaking horror franchise from the world's top genre filmmakers.

Directed by:
MARCEL SARMIENTO (Dead Girl),
GREGG BISHOP (Dance of the Dead),
NACHO VIGALONDO (Timecrimes),
JUSTIN BENSON & AARON MOORHEAD (Resolution),
TODD LINCOLN (The Apparition)

For those that don't know the drill, the V/H/S movies are anthologies that are made up of short horror movies. They're usually pretty fun. Of the directors listed above, I've only really seen Timecrimes, which was enjoyable. Looking forward to it!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Loved the second one. First had its moments.

Also, Dead Girl is a terrible film.

Abdozer

I loved Gareth Evan's short from the 2nd one (Safe Haven).

Hoping to see some good stuff from the Timecrimes dude.

So these movies are actually good? Should I watch them, GAF?

being that they are a bunch of shorts by a bunch of different directors, they are definitely hit or miss. But for the most part I've found the majority of each film entertaining, with at least 1 or 2 of the shorts in each one excellent and definitely worth the time put in to watching the whole anthology

Tianbur

Only watched the first one and to be fair it was alright, tempted to watch the second now too if everyone says it's good! Anyone know when the third comes out?

Volcynika

Only watched the first one and to be fair it was alright, tempted to watch the second now too if everyone says it's good! Anyone know when the third comes out?

Trailer said "this fall" so not sure if there's anything more detailed beyond that.

Dabanton

So these movies are actually good? Should I watch them, GAF?

They're very watchable the great thing with horror anthologies is if one short is shit it doesn't matter as it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

If you haven't sen it I'd also say you should watch the ABC's Of Death which takes this idea to the extreme.

BearPawB

Banned
I like both of the first two. There are some bad shorts in each, but at least they are....short.

i LOVE the cult one from VHS 2. That is just great stuff.

My favorite from VHS 1 was actually the haunted house one at the end.

zeioIIDX

ib1lFnZMKVdoeM.gif

This was me while watching the first V/H/S on my computer a couple years back. Loved the first one, second one had a couple good segments, but the trailer for this final installment looks awesome as hell. Is that a magician killing people with...magic?!

kurahador

I'm still traumatic from watching that segment in V/H/S/2 where that dude got stabbed in the neck. Fuck that shit.

Hope there won't be more like that.

is this "resolution" movie on netflix? trying to google some combination of resolution and netflix which actually would produce information on this movie is seemingly impossible...

Ridley327

is this "resolution" movie on netflix? trying to google some combination of resolution and netflix which actually would produce information on this movie is seemingly impossible...

Yep, it's on Netflix.

I'll whatever number we're on +th the recommendation for that film.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I've wanted to see the first two but things keep getting in the way. Hopefully soon.

About to watch Resolution now thanks to this thread, hope it's awesome.

That one in VHS 2 with the Asian ritual/cult was fucking disturbing. Great stuff.

I don't mind if VHS becomes an 'annual' thing as long as they keep fresh minds coming in to do segments.
Paranormal Activity started losing me when they sacrificed creativity for continuity. I don't give a shit if the main character fro PA1's great grandfather was the high warlock of an ancient cult whose soul was infused with a goat God from the Otherside.*

*I just made that up. I never saw past PA3.

BearPawB

Banned
how was the first VHS better? I don't even

i thought the ones in vhs2 that didnt hit, didnt hit at ALLLLL.. the cult one was amazing. But the camera eye one was super lame, and the alien invasion wasn't scary in the slightest.

Whereas i enjoyed even the worst segments in VHS1

The second one was a downgrade from the first and I'm not really excited about the directors in this one the way I was about the first two. Still, I'll approach with cautious optimism.

how was the first VHS better? I don't even

How was the second VHS better? The only legitimately good segment in that one was Gareth Evan's one about the cult. The one about the zombies was interesting at the end though, I'll give 'em that. The rest were weirdly unmemorable to me.

The only legitimately bad segment in the first one was Ti West's (which is a shame because I love House of the Devil).

Dalek

I like both of the first two. There are some bad shorts in each, but at least they are....short.

i LOVE the cult one from VHS 2. That is just great stuff.

My favorite from VHS 1 was actually the haunted house one at the end.

Those are my exact favorites too. I wasn't a fan of the majority of the shorts but I feel that the movies are worth sitting through just to see these two.

The second one was a downgrade from the first and I'm not really excited about the directors in this one the way I was about the first two. Still, I'll approach with cautious optimism.

How was the second VHS better? The only legitimately good segment in that one was Gareth Evan's one about the cult. The one about the zombies was interesting at the end though, I'll give 'em that. The rest were weirdly unmemorable to me.

The only legitimately bad segment in the first one was Ti West's (which is a shame because I love House of the Devil).

whaa? Ti West's was probably one of my favorites out of the whole series

blackflag

Well because the one about the cult was so good it blew away everything in the first and the rest of the 2nd. So that's why it's better, just for that segment alone.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I agree that the 2nd VHS was a big step back. It was bigger, fancier, but the quality and spookiness just wasn't there.

The first VHS had some good stuff, the Skype one was REALLY.REALLY.GOOD. The Ti West one was creepy, the haunted house one was well done as was the first one. And don't forget the Friday the 13th Slenderman short which was really clever and badass. I basically loved all of VHS minus the main story that holds them together which was blah.

VHS2...the biker one was dumb. The cult one was crazy and sort of good but it's just too silly and comical by the end and loses all scares. The eye one was alright. Don't remember the others and the main story again was blah.

Still interested in VHS3 since Timecrimes guy is great, but I feel like the first VHS had a realllly good lineup of mumblecore horror directors and thus we got a lot of great stuff. Now it's like 1 or 2 good directors and a bunch of average ones.

psylah

I saw the previous 2, but couldn't bring myself to like either one.

Probably the only one I liked of the sets was the doomsday cult. Besides that one, it seemed like they were finding weirder and weirder things to strap cameras on to for their short.

Also, did the writer of the honeymoon couple short in the first movie not get the memo that all the other guys were doing films with roots in the supernatural? It was just a snuff film. Nothing to get spooped over.

Just saw the first two movies. I like part one better than part 2. Doomsday cult one started out great, but then it got stupid. I think a cult is scary enough in itself.
No need to bring in the Jersey Devil into it.
Zombie one was kinda cool if only because i've never seen a POV zombie movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom