• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles for PC [Nov 11, £14/20/$20, has all DLC, 60fps/1080p+, $14 GMG]

I got excited for a sec cause I thought it was actually a new entry.

Still, it's nice a I guess. Maybe it'll lead to more Valkyria games on PC down the line...

iavi

Nice. Maybe this means Vanquish will be handled in house if it happens as well...

I'd assume that would be handled by Platinum.

Yeah, Platinum doing that one themselves is most likely. Their engine produces rough PC versions like UE or MT Framework, if the talk and floating kamiya-plays-bayo-in-3d-on-PC is to be believed, so work there is already partially done, and they've been pushing actual PC versions out themselves for a second now.

Not great ones like VC is turning out to be, but if Sega do lead by example, hopefully it'll turn out better if Bayo or Vanquish happens.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also: Bought. Will be my first exposure to VC

Now give us Skies of Arcadia Steam with lossless audio and Skies of Arcadia Legends additions.

tenton

Bought and now the waiting game begins. I am very tempted to buy a gift copy for my brother as well.

Do it. It's what I did. My brother wasn't likely to buy this game (or even really notice), but it's something I know he'd enjoy playing, so I just bought him a copy.

Durante

Yeah, Platinum doing that one themselves is most likely. Their engine produces rough PC versions like UE or MT Framework, if the talk and floating kamiya-plays-bayo-in-3d-on-PC is to be believed, so work there is already partially done, and they've been pushing actual PC versions out themselves for a second now.

Not great ones like VC is turning out to be, but if Sega do lead by example, hopefully it'll turn out better if Bayo or Vanquish happens.
The Rising port was pretty good if you disregard the stupid restriction to 1080p maximum resolution. I'm sure they'd do well on another try.

iavi

The Rising port was pretty good if you disregard the stupid restriction to 1080p maximum resolution. I'm sure they'd do well on another try.

That res lock needs to die. Korra was locked as well, with damn near no options.

They are functional ports, though, being fair.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Times almost up!
Attention! We need you for the Gallian Army enlist today!
18j52awyi4mmvjpg.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-E6A222F9808E6589 - Taken by topyy. 203 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #2 -- MB-36312033AF581215 - Taken by Theonik. 192 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #3 -- MB-B9F9D66484D53851 - Taken by An-Det. 184 entrants total.

t1414704067z1.png

Grief.exe

So 60 FPS, arbitrary resolutions, rebindable M/KB controls, all the DLC, and achievements?

Is this the best case scenario to arise out of the petition or what?

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Nzyme32

So 60 FPS, arbitrary resolutions, rebindable M/KB controls, all the DLC, and achievements?

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Are you forgeting Japanesse dual audio too! But.... they haven't included the OST with the game yet or even an option to get it via Steam :p

Spinluck

Time to mentally torture myself on whether I should buy a game, which I already finished on my PS3, to support the franchise!

It's not about torturing yourself my friend, it's about ensuring this franchise's futur for years to come. For many years we cried, fought, and endured. It all seemed in vein (lolPSPJapanOnly), and we lost many good men and women in that time.
Yet, we never gave up hope, and continued to believe there was a chance for this to see the light again. Now, here we are, with the game returning in full 1080p @60fps glory. For $20 with all the original content and then some, the question isn't "should I buy it again?" It's how many times! Do what must be done, I will probably buy 3 copies and give 2 away, but you go out there and do your part any way you can!

Valkyria Chronicles OST - Strategy Instructions: http://youtu.be/mDmHlDXMpCk

Squad 7 GAF, move out!!!

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif
Its awesome to see their inhouse studios doing the port and not a third party, here's hoping that they are porting the other games that were petitioned.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Any chance that some post-processing sharpening and downsampling could reduce the super soft look of the game?

Downsampling with Lanczos scaling / post process sharpening would probably give you a sharp (potentially too sharpened) picture.

Necrovex

No, it's not the time for that. It's time to buy it.
(Especially if you didn't play all the DLC on PS3, but even if you did)

Think about it like this. If you bought the DLC now on PS3, you'd pay $12. Or you could pay $14 and get the entire game + DLC on PC.

It's not about torturing yourself my friend, it's about ensuring this franchise's futur for years to come. For many years we cried, fought, and endured. It all seemed in vein (lolPSPJapanOnly), and we lost many good men and women in that time.
Yet, we never gave up hope, and continued to believe there was a chance for this to see the light again. Now, here we are, with the game returning in full 1080p @60fps glory. For $20 with all the original content and then some, the question isn't "should I buy it again?" It's how many times! Do what must be done, I will probably buy 3 copies and give 2 away, but you go out there and do your part any way you can!

Squad 7 GAF, move out!!!

Damn it. I just bought the game. CURSE ALL OF YOU!!!!! Guess I'll enjoy myself as I re-indulge in one of my favorite last-gen game.

Teknoman

About as much hope as I have of Takenouchi returning to making game music. :(

How good would that be if he did return though? Shining Force 2 and CD soundtracks haven't been beat yet as far as fantasy SRPG scores go. I'll take Sakimoto for now since he's the only one who seems to do the large battlefields justice.

Draxal

Squad 7 GAF, move out!!!

I kinda don't want any more future Valkyria Chronicles, the first was a masterpiece that can't be touched on (and 2 was a complete disaster).

Jinaar

Everyone should buy this. Twice. And have each individual family member buy it. And friends of friends buy it. The more people that buy this could lead to the cerebral orgasm known as Vanquish. EDIT: Will purchase tonight when at home. I was four or so missions away from passing this on the PS3 but never did. My time is now.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Congrats to the winners!

Theonik claimed your Valkyria Chronicles #2 key. There were 192 entrants.
topyy claimed your Valkyria Chronicles key. There were 203 entrants.
An-Det claimed your Valkyria Chronicles #3 key. There were 184 entrants.

Something gets me about the blur in the PC screenshots (Though it's nice to see the banishment of VC1's horrible aliasing issues). Not sure if caused by the engine's graphics filters or if this port is using FXAA antialiasing excessively.

FLD

Hell yes, bought using GMG credit. I was planning to use that credit on FFXIII-2 but whatever, I haven't really had the time to dig into the first one yet and this is a much better use of it, anyway.

Also, glad to hear it's looking like a solid port. Really hope Vanquish follows soon after!

Spinluck

I kinda don't want any more future Valkyria Chronicles, the first was a masterpiece that can't be touched on (and 2 was a complete disaster).

Nonsense, you can improve upon a masterpiece, SMG2 is living proof. There are also a few flaws in the first one that could use some fixing.

You can't strike gold with them all. It would be awesome to see a true sequel on PC or current gen consoles. I never touched the PSP games because they did not look up to par.

If they ever made more, it would be great to have them on more capable platforms with better controls than PSP. Not sure if that same internal team exist, but I'd want them back.

Top Bottom