• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve sends Remedy a mystery box [Revealed]

Guy.brush

A written letter by Gaben, offering Half-Life 3 development to Remedy with Sam Lake as writer.
Gordon will have a noirish inner monologue voice:

In the backseat of a moving train car, I am cut loose from city 17. It watches me pass with old grey eyes.
The night has gilded the skyscrapers in black. Every brick wall is covered with graffiti. The image of an anarchist orange h with ³ tacked on.
repeated over and over. h for Half-Life...

They were all dead. The final crowbar hit was an exclamation
mark to everything that had led to this point. I released
my fingers from the iron, and then it was over. To make
any kind of sense of it, I need to go back 15 years.
Back to the day the portal opened. I was still a scientist back then. Theoretical physicist at Black Mesa

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's a Steam Machine and Remedy is going to announce Alan Wake for Linux (as well as Mac, presumably).

IT+s+NOT+HAPPENING+.+half+life+3+unconfirmed_2708f4_4656469.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm inclining for a Alan Wake on Steambox/Mac/Linux announcement.

Jk, Remedy is taking the reigns over Episode 4 since Arkane couldn't finish it!

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/IT+s+NOT+HAPPENING+.+half+life+3+unconfirmed_2708f4_4656469.gif[/IM G][/QUOTE]

DAMN. This got me good.

jelly

It would be great to see Remedy back on PC as well as consoles instead of the latter primarily.

Cool gesture if Valve is trying to entice devs like Remedy back to PC with something to sweeten the deal. Instead of a 30% cut, maybe 20%, 10 % if you also release a Steam OS version of your game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A written letter by Gaben, offering Half-Life 3 development to Remedy with Sam Lake as writer. Gordon will have a noirish inner monologue voice.

"Echoes of City 17 fill footsteps in the snow with deep crimson, ghosts of the past howling over icy winds, the cold realisation that around every numbing corner is a gasmasked reminder that the only thing this tool cant crack open is what I desire most: a way out."

Cool gesture if Valve is trying to entice devs like Remedy back to PC with something to sweeten the deal. Instead of a 30% cut, maybe 20%, 10 % if you also release a Steam OS version of your game.

They might do this, I mentioned in the past that it's a simple way for Valve to indirectly finance Linux ports.

As for what's in the box, I have no idea. Probably an actual hat!

Grief.exe

Time to follow Remedy on Twitter, this could be very exciting or complete disappointment.

I stopped following them since they started making Xbox exclusives.

A written letter by Gaben, offering Half-Life 3 development to Remedy with Sam Lake as writer.
Gordon will have a noirish inner monologue voice:

In the backseat of a moving train car, I am cut loose from city 17. It watches me pass with old grey eyes.
The night has gilded the skyscrapers in black. Every brick wall is covered with graffiti. The image of an anarchist orange h with ³ tacked on.
repeated over and over. h for Half-Life...

They were all dead. The final crowbar hit was an exclamation
mark to everything that had led to this point. I released
my fingers from the iron, and then it was over. To make
any kind of sense of it, I need to go back 15 years.
Back to the day the portal opened. I was still a scientist back then. Theoretical physicist at Black Mesa
Alright...okay...

BPoole

A headmounted steambox that you pair with odious rift for the most immersive portable gaming machine ever

Did they just send this out to remedy, ot did other companies get one of these boxes too? Seems pretty odd, but I am curious to see what it is too.

Top Bottom