• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I also think there's a strong possibility of seeing Sony Bend's game here as well.

I think Sony will have an unannounced title as well. It's gotta be either Bend or SSM's game. I'm starting to lean towards Bend as well since they'll probably be showing Uncharted and having ND and SSM show games at the same time is a bit overkill.

My guesses

Microsoft -
Halo 5 first look
Quantum break game play
Black tusk game named and trailered

Sony-
New Santa Monica ip teaser
Last Guardian ps4 announced
Uncharted ps4 reveal trailer
MLB the show demo

Both -
Multiple repackaged last Gen games for q2/3 including gtav

Other -
Zelda WiiU reveal to end the show
Left for dead 3 announced
New multiplat epic ip reveal
15 minute watch dogs ps4 demo that manages to spoil the entire story.
Long Witcher 3 demo on "Xbox One" (actually high specced PC)
Dragon age 3 game play demo on "Xbox One" (actually high specced PC)
Next Gen deus ex trailer

Longshot but still possible -
Mass effect 4 teaser
Quantic dream ps4 game
Bend ps4 game
Crackdown 3
Metroid u
Star Citizen ps4 port

Anybody expecting Crash or any platformer at vgx is crazy. The genre isn't big anymore outside of Mario and any reveal to that audience will be met with a collective yawn.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Didn't think this was thread worthy, because I remember Stump telling us to cool it with the insiders in the last rumor thread. But Thuway just posted this stuff on Twitter. Wonder if we'll hear anything about it at VGX? Seems like something MS/Sony would do.

irYBGhNNms78a.png

A Far Cry 4 announcement would be awesome.

Tiered PS Plus rumor? Eh?

Dysun

I would buy Blood Dragon on my PS4 since I've yet to play it. Would like it as a download option separate of some kind of Far Cry 3 Ultimate edition or whatever.

RPGamer92

Banned
My guesses

Microsoft -
Halo 5 first look
Quantum break game play

Sony-

Both -

Other -
Long Witcher 3 demo on Xbox One
Dragon age 3 game play demo
Next Gen deus ex trailer

Longshot but still possible
Mass effect 4 teaser
Quantic dream ps4 game
Bend ps4 game
Crackdown 3
Metroid u
Star Citizen ps4 port

Anybody expecting Crash or any platformer at vgx is crazy. The genre isn't big anymore outside of Mario and any reveal to that audience will be met with a collective yawn.
This would be crazy if it happened.

My guesses

Microsoft -
Halo 5 first look
Quantum break game play

Sony-

Both -

Other -
Long Witcher 3 demo on Xbox One
Dragon age 3 game play demo
Next Gen deus ex trailer

Longshot but still possible
Mass effect 4 teaser
Quantic dream ps4 game
Bend ps4 game
Crackdown 3
Metroid u
Star Citizen ps4 port

ME4 has a better chance than most of the other stuff you mentioned lol.

My guesses

*snip*

This isn't e3 man. No way they do Zelda U, L4D3, I highly doubt new epic ip would show, Santa Monica as well. And Black Tusk. At least in my opinioin. Also no way about Last Guardian haha.

I think we'll see something like:
MS:
Halo 5
Quantum
Titanfall
Witcher 3
Sony:
Uncharted 4 trailer
Maybe new Infamous/Order trailer.
Misc:
Destiny or Watch Dogs?
Bioware game.
HD remasters.

Longshots:
Fallout 4
Deus Ex

Really can't see Ninty announcing anything groundbreaking outside of a Direct/e3 Direct/their own special show. What I would bet is something like a Smash Bros trailer with a new character announcement from a 3rd party. Or Mario Kart 9. Etc.

Really? Didn't seem that far out. Doesn't make sense to show Mass Effect 4 when dragon age 3 needs all the hype it can get. Everything I've heard about mass effect 4 screams may gameinformer cover followed by e3 reveal.
So it makes sense to reveal the next Mass Effect closer to when DAI launches? It's going to get revealed before DAI releases no matter what. There's no reason it should take away any hype from DAI, they cater to somewhat different audiences, and game studios, as well as Bioware, have routinely marketed multiple games at once, it's nothing new really.

Bioware's shown they like to reveal there in the past with ME3 in 2010 anyway, with the concept art teases just a few weeks ago, and Stickskills saying they've been told by a reliable source it will be there, I'm fairly confident we'll see it.

legacyzero

Banned
A Crackdown 3 reveal would make not buying an Xbone rather difficult for me. The first two were great. Probably my fav exclusives for 360 outside of Gears of War.

This isn't e3 man. No way they do Zelda U, L4D3, I highly doubt new epic ip would show, Santa Monica as well. And Black Tusk. At least in my opinioin. Also no way about Last Guardian haha.

I think we'll see something like:
MS:
Halo 5
Quantum
Titanfall
Witcher 3
Sony:
Uncharted 4 trailer
Maybe new Infamous/Order trailer.
Misc:
Destiny or Watch Dogs?
Bioware game.
HD remasters.

Longshots:
Fallout 4
Deus Ex

Yeah I'm probably guilty of over hyping it. I still think Zelda makes a lot of sense if you are Nintendo. What other ip makes sense to that audience?

Any idea what Next Gen games are we getting in the first half of 2014 ?!

I tried to make a list for my to buy games, I only wrote Thief and inFamous 2nd Son, and that's it, I can't think of any thing else -- didn't count TitanFall and Destiny--.

I hope at VGX we get some solid release dates.

Hindle

Banned
Here's my predictions:

MS.
Halo 5 t
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive

Sony.
Uncharted
The Order

EA.
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 4

Bethesda
Fallout 4
The Evil Within

SE
Hitman 6
Tomb Raider definitive edition+ Tomb Raider 2 teaser

Ubisoft
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs

Edit. WB could announce the next Batman here, and I'm not ruling out CDPR announcing CyberPunk.

Mdot

Literally planned my day around this yesterday not realizing it's next week. Total fail.

Side note: chances of Rocksteady showing something? Aren't they rumored to be working on a next (current) gen Batman game?

witness

Didn't think this was thread worthy, because I remember Stump telling us to cool it with the insiders in the last rumor thread. But Thuway just posted this stuff on Twitter. Wonder if we'll hear anything about it at VGX? Seems like something MS/Sony would do.

irYBGhNNms78a.png

A Far Cry 4 announcement would be awesome.

Totally down for this. Give me that Arkham Trilogy, and hopefully Mass Effect. Collections like this are perfect for padding the release schedule until fall 2014.

Sulik2

If they announce a realistic Zelda for the Wii U I am buying the console. They have restored my faith in Zelda as a franchise with A Link Between Worlds.

Dusky

Here's my predictions:

MS.
Halo 5 t
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive

Sony.
Uncharted
The Order

EA.
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 4

Bethesda
Fallout 4
The Evil Within

SE
Hitman 6
Tomb Raider definitive edition+ Tomb Raider 2 teaser

Ubisoft
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs

Edit. WB could announce the next Batman here, and I'm not ruling out CDPR announcing CyberPunk.

This seems like a fair prediction. You forgot to mention Titanfall and Nintendo as they are both pretty much confirmed now. I think someone mentioned already that Sunset Overdrive won't be appearing at VGX as a dev strongly implied that it wouldn't. I doubt we'll see anything from CyberPunk 2077 until TW3 is out of the way, even though I would love to see something shown. The only other title I can think of that may make an appearance is SSM's new IP.

Edit: Oh and I imagine Destiny will be there.

All in all it should be a good show.

Made a video talking about five predictions: http://youtu.be/Qsu6nlk4cSI

Looking forward to some proper teases this week.

Pretty cool vid. Subbed.

legacyzero

Banned
Its pre-recorded, and playing on Spike later? Didn't realize that. Seems like Viacom putting the VGX and gaming in general on the back burner.

Putting GTTV and anything GT related like the VGA's on so late at night has always boggled my mind.

Spike would sooner run a marathon of "1000 Ways To Die" than give Geoff a good time slot.

Riki

Nintendo could literally show anything on Saturday. There is no precedence of them being there, so we have no way of anticipating what they'll present.
Though, the fact that they are there suggests it won't be minor.

Bsigg12

This will start at 11:30 pm cet right?

Go to the OP and click the first link to see when it starts locally.

Edit: nevermind you saw it!

Also, stealth GTA V PC/next gen announcement?
I really just want to play it in something other than 360 or PS3.

Derrick01

Banned
I am such a trophy whore and I love the Batman games so much that I would buy a nicely upgraded set of the 3 games on PS4 even though I've played the first 2 to full completion on 360 and PC and have Origins on PC too.

Tagg9

I am such a trophy whore and I love the Batman games so much that I would buy a nicely upgraded set of the 3 games on PS4 even though I've played the first 2 to full completion on 360 and PC and have Origins on PC too.

I purposefully never bought Origins because I knew they'd release a next-gen port. Just makes too much sense not to.

Wolfie5

Fallout 4 would be great.
New Zelda U would be very surprising(I give it a small chance as they hinted before they might show something this year back at E3).

What are the chances of seeing new trailers for Rainbow Six: Patriots and Beyond Good & Evil 2? It´s about time!

Pretty much expecting the safe mainstream games, saving big stuff for e3

And yes where's my damn rainbow six game
I'm expecting some massive bombs. In the past they've revealed Skyrim, The Last of Us, MGSV: The Phantom Pain, Bioshock: Infinite to name a few. I'd consider those "big stuff".

The big games the developers hope to push out in 2014 should be announced at VGX, with perhaps a couple stragglers left for E3. E3 2014 will be all about 2015, so expect the near future big guns on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom