• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

- Quantum Break gameplay
- name for Black Tusk game (my bet: "The Responsive")
- Halo full name and Trailer (Titanfall beta for preorders starting "now")

- Uncharted PS4 trailer
- The Order 1886 gameplay

- L4D3/Source 2 announcement
- Fallout 4 announcement

I think Spike should position this show more like E3 and less like an awards show. If you think about it, the awards aspect of the show is completely arbitrary. An award has to actually carry significance for it to be such a big part of the show.

I think Spike should position this show more like E3 and less like an awards show. If you think about it, the awards aspect of the show is completely arbitrary. An award has to actually carry significance for it to be such a big part of the show.
That's precisely what they're doing.

Some Nobody

The big games the developers hope to push out in 2014 should be announced at VGX, with perhaps a couple stragglers left for E3. E3 2014 will be all about 2015, so expect the near future big guns on Saturday.

So much this. Honestly, how many major titles that were mentioned at this year's E3 were actually games coming out next year?

VGX is probably our last chance to find out any major games for 2014, so I'm expecting at least a couple new games announced.

jmizzal

The big games the developers hope to push out in 2014 should be announced at VGX, with perhaps a couple stragglers left for E3. E3 2014 will be all about 2015, so expect the near future big guns on Saturday.

Yup pretty much no big games get announced at E3 and released in the same year anymore.

I like having a big gaming show right before the new year announce new games, then E3 gives you more hands on and more announcements for the future.

Good thinking, we saw that leaked 360 video a while ago. I wonder who will publish it? Wouldn't surprise me if they had partnered with EA again for it.

I really hope its not EA publishing Homefront 2 for a lot of reasons and one being I hope it still is coming to WiiU, Crytek had a working Crysis 3 on WiiU and EA canned it before WiiU even launched

Barzul

- Quantum Break gameplay

- Uncharted PS4 trailer

- Fallout 4 announcement

That's a very specific bet for Black Tusk game. Any particular reason?

- Quantum Break gameplay

- Uncharted PS4 trailer

- Fallout 4 announcement

Add a Mass Effect announcement to that list and I think that would be a pretty good night of reveals

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That was very good. Subbed.

very well done.

REALLY well done. Subbed for sure. *grin*

Very well done. Weird that you didn't mention Nintendo's appearance. Not expecting it in the Top 5, since we have no idea what they'll show and any guess is as good as the other, but it's still pretty huge.

Pretty cool vid. Subbed.

Its pre-recorded, and playing on Spike later? Didn't realize that. Seems like Viacom putting the VGX and gaming in general on the back burner.

Great video, that Fallout intro video brought back great memories :)

Cheers for the feedback! Really appreciate it. We're trying to pick up the slack on video content, around one video per week at least.

Totally forgot about the Nintendo stuff while making it, weirdly. Probably because their appearance is so unusual. Wouldn't put them in my predictions, because I "predict" they're showing a new Smash trailer, but I should have made note when I mentioned Quantum Break.

wwm0nkey

Still wonder what the DoubleFine announcement is. If its Broken Age I'm going to say its a VA announcement. If its a new game, no idea what it could be.

ArjanN

Still wonder what the DoubleFine announcement is. If its Broken Age I'm going to say its a VA announcement. If its a new game, no idea what it could be.

Pretty sure Brad Muir recently mentioned on the giant bombcast they were announcing some new amnesia fortnight stuff soon.

Good thinking, we saw that leaked 360 video a while ago. I wonder who will publish it? Wouldn't surprise me if they had partnered with EA again for it.
EA has a tendency to grab tons of FPSs, not sure if it will do Homefront 2 any good to have EA around.

Yet I am really interested to see how Crytek will handle the game, both in terms of story and MP, my only hope is for them to abandon the whole 6-7hrs campaign, and go for a longer, more engaging one.

I think there's a good chance Rocksteady reveal what they're working on.
I was a bit skeptical, but now with the rumors of an HD Collection of all previous Arkham games for Next Gen, I'd say yeah it is possible they reveal Arkham III, and the collection to be released in the first half of 2014.

dex3108

Doubtful, maybe DLC content.

I would say that the earliest we hear about an Assassins Creed game is at E3.

When was Assassins Creed 4 first revealed?

Yves will announce that next AC is in the works around march/april next year, and we will see teaser/trailer couple weeks after that.

I'm going to call it a long shot, but if Valve wants to make a huge splash they announce Source 2 and show it off like Unreal was last year. I would hope will get Half Life 3 because with the new steam boxes it just makes sense and VGA's seem like the right place to do it. There's been an unusual amount of buzz surrounding the franchise from gaming sites this year and game of the Decade was Half Life 2 last year. We also still don't know what J.J and Bad Robot have their teeth into from the partnership they have started at the DICE conference. It's been dormant ever since.

So a few years ago, my brother and I tried a drinking game designed around the VGAs. Take a drink every time they say "world premier". Needless to say after a bottle of Vodka and 25 minutes we didn't want to play any more. So this year, we are ammending the game. We are having five participants, four locally and one via voip. Each participant will choose a game that we expect to be shown/revealed that has not been confirmed as such before the show starts. If any participants game is shown/revealed all participants have to take 2 shots, all this being added to us taking turns taking shots for each time they say "world premier". This could end very badly, but will very likely be a great night.

I'm going to call it a long shot, but if Valve wants to make a huge splash they announce Source 2 and show it off like Unreal was last year. I would hope will get Half Life 3 because with the new steam boxes it just makes sense and VGA's seem like the right place to do it. There's been an unusual amount of buzz surrounding the franchise from gaming sites this year and game of the Decade was Half Life 2 last year. We also still don't know what J.J and Bad Robot have their teeth into from the partnership they have started at the DICE conference. It's been dormant ever since.

If they're going to announce a game it's probably going to be L4D3. From what we know it's in more advanced state than HL3.

If they're going to announce a game it's probably going to be L4D3. From what we know it's in more advanced state than HL3.
Yeah, that's true. The rumors have been pointing to that direction. I do remain the optimist in these matters though. Either way, I'll be happy and you make a good case, because with L4D3 they can lift up the online community. I'm just curious about the Bad Robot/Valve partnership...that makes no sense to me what so ever esp since its valve and they rarely do partnerships unless its a takeover, case in point Portal.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's 10:40am Monday EST, Geoff Keighley. Where the fuck are my teasers? HUH?

I agree. If Valve is going to show something it's L4D3. Not only is it rumored to be much farther along than HL3, it's a game that probably more appeals to the audience of this show. Sure, HL is a massive gaming brand, but it's been a long time since the games came out so some of the newer gamers probably don't even know the games exist (blasphemy I know).

jbug617

Banned
Confirmation from Square Enix that they are showing 2 things this weekend. We know one of them is about the Tomb Raider re-release for next gen consoles. The other we don't know

@karlstewart: Just reviewed the final cuts of both trailers we're showing at next Saturdays @spiketv #VGX. Amazing stuff from the teams as ever. Cant wait
https://twitter.com/karlstewart/status/406903779263410176

Thanks to Shinobi for the RT that showed up on my twitter timeline

Time for an update:

HFoHZal.png

https://twitter.com/Thief/status/407628076869115904

EatChildren

BY2K

Membero Americo
Depending how things goes, you may or may not see me do a Banderas.gif impression during the VGX.

Can't go into details on how and why it would happen, but I tried.

EatChildren

Depending how things goes, you may or may not see me do a Banderas.gif impression during the VGX.

Can't go into details on how and why it would happen, but I tried.

Zelda Wii U confirmed.

I know it's you, Reggie.

Wasn't Rocksteady forced to use UE3 until after 2014? That pretty much confirms crossgen

they did reveal Arkham City at VGAs, I'm actually fully expecting a reveal this weekend. They've been working on it since early 2012 I imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom