• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

You know, given that TitanFall and The Witcher 3 are there, I wonder if all the Most Anticipated games are.

Ubisoft's games would be South Park and Watch Dogs.

Then Activision would be there with Destiny.

Interesting point, though we just had a recent Destiny announcement/trailer at the PS4 launch event. Guess it's not too soon for it to reappear, though.

Damn, I'm really looking forward to this. Love that they are sort of turning it into a mini E3, should really get people excited about what's to come next year.

Interesting point, though we just had a recent Destiny announcement/trailer at the PS4 launch event. Guess it's not too soon for it to reappear, though.

Damn, I'm really looking forward to this. Love that they are sort of turning it into a mini E3, should really get people excited about what's to come next year.
They still haven't shown competitive multiplayer, this could be the place to do that before the beta.

Kitty

Banned
Wouldn't mind seeing Far Cry 4, Hitman 6, Watch_Dogs, Dying Light or something completely new.

Will be sipping brewski on Saturday watching feeds =)

ekim

Also, was this posted yet? Confirmed we'll see something from Ubisoft.

XK10EMD.png

Ubi registered Assassinscreedpirates.com some days ago. I wonder if this might be a new title or just a mobile game or something.

Ubi registered Assassinscreedpirates.com some days ago. I wonder if this might be a new title or just a mobile game or something.

It's the AC mobile game this year, looks like basically the ship gameplay, maybe a little more tactical, customisable crew etc. Out in two days

Click

Will already watch for The Witcher 3, Quantum Break and whatever Nintendo has to show, but the Square-Enix stuff doesn't sound too exciting and I'm not sure Ubisoft could show anything that really floats my boat. I'd like one or two biggies from Sony.

Is it true that the show is going to be streamed through the Steam client this year? I saw some mention of that the other day but never read if it was confirmed or not. Seems like a strange pairing if Valve doesn't have anything to reveal this year.

Witcher 3 and QB are the only things that interest me there so far. Need to show U4 or the Order gameplay to keep it from being a miss for me. I don't expect anything more than very brief gameplay from either W3 or QB anyway.

Duxxy3

Honestly I really want to see a new gears game. I know some people are burned out on it because of judgement, but I skipped that game.

For me the PS3/360 generation really didn't take off until the first gears game. The first time I saw the game I finally understood what we were in store for.

If it's on PS4/XB1, then great I won't have to buy a new system. I prefer the DS4 and the system's extra power. If it's only on XB1, well I guess we'll see where the XB1 price is at when the game comes out.

Is it true that the show is going to be streamed through the Steam client this year? I saw some mention of that the other day but never read if it was confirmed or not. Seems like a strange pairing if Valve doesn't have anything to reveal this year.

Yes it's true, Geoff confirmed in on twitter: https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/406921725377396736

to me the interesting bit about this is Steam streaming the show. It either means Steam is getting (some) media services this week or as JaseC said might be just an ad-hoc thing.

Cancel all rumoured big reveals. Nothing but new trailers for known games. Fun over.
So being 3hrs show about only games, left us with even less surprises.
Dreams crushed.

Honestly I think the VGA announcements have been heavily impacted by game consolidation in general.

For example EA used to wheel out 8-10 big core games a year. This year they had like three. Most other publishers are similar.

There just might not be much unannounced that is anywhere near showable.
while that is true, there are tons of games where info/trailers would be apperciated.

Why not a Mad Max demo ?!, It was shown behind closed doors in E3/Gamescom, what about The Evil Within ?!, Last demo wasn't really the best thing one could think of, a release date for Wolfenstein The New Order & Dying Light would be appreciated, not to mention Sniper Elite 3 not being shown yet, among others that I can't really remember.

I think Activision may show The Amazing SpiderMan 2, They should.

Also, was this posted yet? Confirmed we'll see something from Ubisoft.

XK10EMD.png
A new trailer for The Division + extended gameplay demo or bust.
Ubi doesn't have any other game it hadn't shown to death.

ReaperXL7

I think we will get a trailer for Ass Creed V: Assassins in space,

Also Watch Dogs 2

I would love to see FarCry 4 though as long as they are not forcing an online connection, but I would put good money on the possibility that it will join Ubisofts line up of online only games.

I hope Sony has some good stuff to show, they have So many studios and "right now" all we have to look forward to from WWS is Drive Club, Infamous, and possibily the Order for next year.

I hope Sony has some good stuff to show, they have So many studios and "right now" all we have to look forward to from WWS is Drive Club, Infamous, and possibily the Order for next year.
Don't get your hopes up. At most you will get one teaser. Sony will stay cagey with their new announcements till E3 I bet. Look forward to Uncharted 4 trailer instead.

ReaperXL7

Don't get your hopes up. At most you will get one teaser. Sony will stay cagey with their new announcements till E3 I bet. Look forward to Uncharted 4 trailer instead.

I guess, but if they plan to keep momentum up I would think they would want to pump out some new announcements to fire people up again.

Sony Santa Monica has been working on Stigs games likely since the end of 2010 as GOW3 was released in march of that year. I cant believe they have nothing to show, I would also be hard pressed that Sony will only hold 3 major exclusives next year.

In the end it does not matter ad there will be tons of awesome games to play, but with every studio Sony has making games for PS4 I just dont see them not having announcements to make.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Has anyone asked Keighley where the teasers at?

This. Usually I'm much more hyped this close to the VGAs/VGX.

^
Normally the teasers start rolling in 2 weeks before the show, right now were 5-6 days away and nothing except tweets.

Can't tease anything if you don't have anything interesting to tease.

We saw short clips of The Witcher 3 and Quantum Break, which are the only games that haven't had a lot of footage that they've announced will be there.

That they're teasing "Reggie" instead of "Reggie with a new game" or "Reggie with a new major announcement" also doesn't inspire confidence.

KAL2006

Banned

We saw short clips of The Witcher 3 and Quantum Break, which are the only games that haven't had a lot of footage that they've announced will be there.

That they're teasing "Reggie" instead of "Reggie with a new game" or "Reggie with a new major announcement" also doesn't inspire confidence.

Pretty much this, people need to calm down with the hype train, the fact that GT themselves are not hyping this, they hyped PS4 event and that was a huge dissapointment. I'm expecting Reggie with Cranky Kong Trailer, TitanFall Beta, Quantum Break, Witchter 3, Tomb Raider port, Thief 4 and that's it. Maybe 1 surprise, either Fallout 4 or Uncharted 4 Trailer.

Jawmuncher

If Ubisoft shows up with anything besides Rainbow Six Patriots they can just go away.
We've seen enough gameplay of just about everything else they have currently lined up.

Tagg9

Wow, you're a real buzzkiller, aren't you, Nirolak?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'd imagine the lack of teases this time around is quite intentional. Probably a lot of stuff they can't even tease at all in the slightest.

Hindle

Banned

You're more of a buzzkill then Buzz Killington.

Edit. Saying that, I've got a bad feeling this years show has been reduced in terms of reveals.

You think it'll be a shit show this year, then? :/

L1NETT

Far Cry 4 seems like an E3 thing IMO. Would be a surprise though!

Yup I can see Far Cry 4 being the Watch Dogs/Division of Ubi's 2014 conference.

But I could be wrong, however would love to see more Division footage mind even if it has been Ubi'd. EDIT: Been Shinobi'd. The Division it is then :)

Rocksteady's new game would be yum, 2/3 years and they must have summat to show, especially the way in which they build games.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
At this rate will there even be any surprise?
Damn I remember the hype for 2011's and the speculations for that big unannounced game which turned up to be TLoU, shit was crazy. This right here just reeks boring pre-recorded stuff.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn I remember the hype for 2011's and the speculations for that big unannounced game which turned up to be TLoU, shit was crazy. This right here just reeks boring pre-recorded stuff.

I don't think that all of the announced stuff could even fill half of the runtime. The show is three hours long, about an hour more than E3 conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom