• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a cryptic way of saying don't get over-hyped?

It's a way of saying "don't hype it so much that you expect a new console reveal from Nintendo, Halo 5, Assassins Creed V and The Last Guardian".

It will be a show with cool trailers and maybe a surprise or two.

Here is my big question. After years of begging Geoff to get rid of the juvenile skits and him promising they would, he and the VGA's finally delivered on that promise last year with a respectable show. Can we expect the same this year?

Here is my big question. After years of begging Geoff to get rid of the juvenile skits and him promising they would, he and the VGA's finally delivered on that promise last year with a respectable show. Can we expect the same this year?
It being an internet-only 3 hour stream with gameplay demos, interviews with devs, and no celebs, I think we should expect even better.

IHaveIce

Banned
It's a way of saying "don't hype it so much that you expect a new console reveal from Nintendo, Halo 5, Assassins Creed V and The Last Guardian".

It will be a show with cool trailers and maybe a surprise or two.
People would get excited and hyped for a new AC? It is an annual released gameseries. AC5 is a given.

TLG has to happen someday though :(

People would get excited and hyped for a new AC? It is an annual released gameseries. AC5 is a given.

TLG has to happen someday though :(

I mean it terms of content for a show. It is a given that it is coming next year, but it still is a major thing when it will be revealed.

People just shouldn't go into a frenzy and hate Keighley because a set of insane dreams didn't happen.

Quentyn

More tweets from Geoff. Southpark will be there again this year and they will have a live performance of the GTA V soundtrack.

Also at VGX on Sat: @southpark creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone appearing live with a new look at "South Park: The Stick of Truth."

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/407951896494628864

VGX and @RockstarGames to present a live, one-night-only performance of the music of GRAND THEFT AUTO V - score and soundtrack. More soon...

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/407950952906235904

Derrick01

Banned
Also at VGX on Sat: @southpark creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone appearing live with a new look at "South Park: The Stick of Truth."

Yesss. Hopefully they leave those "assholes in california" alone this time :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
confirmedoafu8.png

titan-fall-logodxdlj.png

witcher3quejy.png

quantum0gqtf.png

thiefqhfwb.png

division1oue8.png

southparkkpuxt.png

MADGAME

Looks more and more like all the "most anticipated" 2014 games will have new trailers/showings now. (Witcher 3, South Park, Titanfall...) I'm expecting new looks at Watch Dogs and Destiny now.

I'm predicting (hoping) a beta launch window announcement.

Edit: For Destiny

New York, NY, December 3, 2013 – VGX, the inaugural all-day live multi-platform gaming event, revealed today that it will include a special one-night only performance of the music of “Grand Theft Auto V,” featuring a host of artists from the game’s soundtrack and score, and streamed on VGXLIVE.com and across all screens and gaming devices worldwide.

VGX (#VGX) also announced that “South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone will be on hand along with an exclusive sneak peek of the highly anticipated game “South Park: The Stick of Truth.” Additionally, VGX unveiled its first wave of exclusive world premieres that will be debuted during the three-hour live stream on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT.

The new VGX format dives deeper into the world of gaming and extends its coverage beyond awards presentations. Fans will have unprecedented access to the industry’s top developers and talent and more exclusive world premieres than ever including exclusive new looks at “Titanfall,” “Quantum Break,” “South Park: The Stick of Truth,” “Broken Age,” “Dying Light,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division,” and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.” VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game. Additional exclusives to be revealed shortly.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/03/vgx...le-the-division-titanfall-the-witcher-3-more/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What about Uncharted?

Not confirmed.

confirmedoafu8.png

titan-fall-logodxdlj.png

witcher3quejy.png

quantum0gqtf.png

thiefqhfwb.png

division1oue8.png

southparkkpuxt.png

dyingw0o3z.png

brokenldrl1.png

I'd throw in Tomb Raider up-port, but that's not properly confirmed either. All in all not that bad when you think about it.

It's a pretty good list. Add a Wii U title to that.

Now all we need is a game or two from Sony (The Order, Uncharted) and a third party whopper. Preferably from Rocksteady.

NotLiquid

Considering Spike has revealed what already announced games will make an appearance it'd make no sense for Nintendo to keep hush about something we know is coming.

Which is why I fully expect it to be something we know is coming.

Weird they have't started teasing brand new game reveals, I remember TLoU being teased like a week before the event or something.

Jb

That's a pretty fucking solid lineup so far. Hopefully we'll get some Uncharted or MGS stuff too.

AGoodODST

Considering Spike has revealed what already announced games will make an appearance it'd make no sense for Nintendo to keep hush about something we know is coming.

Which is why I fully expect it to be something we know is coming.

Get ready to take it to the fridge.

It's going to be Cranky in DK

I'm starting to wonder if there are going to be any surprises. 8 confirmed trailers/ gameplay demos plus something from Nintendo and a trailer from Square. The reveals might all be teased before Saturday

Feindflug

That's a pretty fucking solid lineup so far. Hopefully we'll get some Uncharted or MGS stuff too.

It looks like a decent line-up and we will finally see Quantum Break gameplay but I'm sure that a lot of people here (including me) expected at least some new announcements since we just entered the new gen and all. :(

That being said if we get something surprising and new the overall lack of hype will make it even more strong and exciting I guess.

It's a shame Spike hasn't quite found the formula to best exploit this. They've really stumbled into something way bigger than was ever possible with another MTV Award Show knockoff.

Im actually really happy its not on TV. Hopefully GT will just get rid of some of the bullshit because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom