• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
30 minutes of Titanfall.

Bsigg12

1 hour of games, 2 hours of B list celebs being awkward on camera and knowing nothing about games.

I doubt we'll see any celebrities this year. From the sounds of it, it's a glorified GTTV episode where they have prerecorded segments at different studios for game reveals and demos as well as some way of handing out awards.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I will be bummed if there are no celebrities. I want something equivalent to Jessica Alba being the one to announce Dark Souls 2 this year.

Yeah, they had 10 to 11 trailers in previous years when the show was half as long and filled with comedy routines, awards, music and ads.

There's room for a lot of stuff, but for the love of god, have something spectacular there Geoff.

I hope Geoff paid a visit to Naughty Dog for a look at TLoU DLC after which Evan and Christophe will tell us that they have another thing to show.

Cue a fuck awesome Uncharted trailer.

Well, a man can dream.

So right now we know we'll definitely see Quantum Break, The Division, Witcher 2, Titanfall, Thief, and something from Nintendo? Can't wait to see what else they show, with no commercials and three hours of stuff, this should be a great show.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm getting worried, everything that was teased so far is stuff we already knew about, it's not BRAND NEW stuff. (Except maybe whatever Nintendo will show.)

By now, we should have AT LEAST one NEW game tease.

At this rate will there even be any surprise?
Nope, It will probably end up being games we have seen/known about, getting more footage, my problem is with the games we already saw alot from and will get to see more unneeded footage.

I don't think that all of the announced stuff could even fill half of the runtime. The show is three hours long, about an hour more than E3 conferences.
well isn't the show this year include developers interview and some gameplay demos ?!, 3hrs won't be that long.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm getting worried, everything that was teased so far is stuff we already knew about, it's not BRAND NEW stuff. (Except maybe whatever Nintendo will show.)

Yeah, it's not looking hot for new game teases. The official website still hasn't updated beyond a new The Witcher 3 trailer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Right then, I entirely misinterpreted what was going on in this thread while I was at work.

We're just speculating that the showing will be poor based on:

1.) Geoff isn't teasing nearly as much this year.
2.) There hasn't been too much in terms of big announcements yet.
3.) It being a webcast does remove incentive from publishers who went on the VGAs because they were on near primetime TV.
4.) The number of major games in production is down in general as we invest 2-5 times as much in a single title, causing these events to have less potential material. We can see evidence of this in Game Informer massively loosening up on their "we only have covers of games with basically no prior footage" policy.
5.) There really aren't that many days left until the event in which to hype things.

Anth0ny

3.) It being a webcast does remove incentive from publishers who went on the VGAs because they were on near primetime TV.

I think this is an important point that people are missing. VGAs in 2011 and 2012 were better than E3 2011 and 2012 when it came to new game announcements.

I can't see VGX 2013 topping E3 2013... everyone already went all out with announcements this year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here's what Geoff has said so far relating to the event's reveals and the hyping:

geoff1wpjwn.png

geoff299ji6.png

geoff3o9krv.png

Irish

Negative-GAF killed the Keighley hype. :(

You just always have to be disappointed, don't you? Could be a million new announcements and y'all would still hate it.

4.) The number of major games in production is down in general as we invest 2-5 times as much in a single title, causing these events to have less potential material. We can see evidence of this in Game Informer massively loosening up on their "we only have covers of games with basically no prior footage" policy.
5.) There really aren't that many days left until the event in which to hype things.

Yea, I'm of the feeling now that I'll be wholly underwhelmed this year, especially if I'm staying at home on a Saturday night.
Here's what Geoff has said so far relating to the event's reveals and the hyping:

geoff299ji6.png

I hate this type of tweet from Geoff, 'World Premier' means nothing, it can be anything really.

WORLD PREMIER - Snake now has a dog companion!

WORLD PREMIER - The Order will feature Zombie Queen Elizabeth!

WORLD PREMIER - Watch in awe at Titanfall's jumping mechanics!

WORLD PREMIER - Watch Dogs! Yes we're still working on it!

EatChildren

Negative-GAF killed the Keighley hype. :(

You just always have to be disappointed, don't you? Could be a million new announcements and y'all would still hate it.

I feel it's my duty to lower expectation standards to zero, so everyone is blown away by the Mass Effect 4 and Deus Ex 4 ten minute gameplay trailers.

I just realised this event is kind of like Geoff Keighley Direct.

Mindlog

I would like to suggest the outside possibility that the hype is being handled this way on purpose. As a community we frequently blow Geoff (all 'insider') tweets way out of proportion and end up throwing a lot of hate their way when our expectations aren't met.

The obvious exception being EatChildren who got us hyped for ME4 for no reason. He is the Anti-Santa and should be treated as such.

Still putting my money on #3.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well last year also didn't really have many reveals except The Phantom Pain.

So only one complete new announcement would make me happy.

The Devision is also cool!

EatChildren

The obvious exception being EatChildren who got us hyped for ME4 for no reason. He is the Anti-Santa and should be treated as such.

djharbingercollectorsc9jp9.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
why can't they say "new gameplay look"?

Presumably it's going to be like the Fallout 3, Mafia 2, or Dota 2 trailers, which were also in-engine, as in it uses game assets, the rendering pipeline, and related items, but it's rendered way above the quality of the actual game visually.

EatChildren

I'd like some new Dragon Age: Inquisition footage, like a proper direct feed gameplay demo, followed by a short CGI teaser for Mass Effect 4.

Geoff Keighley make it happen.

vgJames

Banned
I'm in two minds about this. Part of me is disappointed in the lack of hype/promised announcements. On the other hand being in the UK I'm glad that I'm not excited about it so I have no plans on spending 1am-4am on saturday night watching a web stream of video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom