• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Azure J

Ahoi-Brause said:
30u39ew.jpg

Ran Hibiki is probably Dan Hibiki's sister.

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Big One

Banned
Just a random funfact about Zelda -

It's a myth that Link started out left-handed. Link didn't become officially lefthanded till later on, as the official artwork in Legend of Zelda depicts him holding a sword in each hand:

szzoo.jpg

zD3Zj.jpg

OCbwX.jpg

tT7X0.jpg

In other words LoZ Link is ambidextrous.

Tarin02543

That artwork is so beautiful. The picture where Link is crouching and looking over Hyrule is the first Zelda image I've laid my eyes on. I remember seeing all the stuff he was carrying and thinking about all the stuff you could do in this game of which I did not even know the title of.

Really brings back memories.

szzoo.jpg

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
sn00zer said:
Ones from Bayonetta I know off the top of my head:
-Map that the Bayonetta doll moves around in uses Okami foot prints to show progression
-Bayonetta says"Henshin agogo baby!" (Viewtiful Joe)
-One of the characters near the end says "I'll fill your soul with LIIIGHHHTTT" (DMC)
-Her Panther form trails dead plants (Okami)
-Bayonetta uses Ebony and Ivory in the opening cutscene when she breaks out of the coffin (DMC)
-Bayonetta's spider demon is Ardor from DMC

There's also an Outrun level in Bayonetta. I didn't notice it until my roommate recognized the music.

Chairhome

Augemitbutter said:
there is much more. you can hear akira's winning speech from virtua fighter when finishing a fight using a particular VF move. i loved that one!
At the start of one particular stage, she says, "welcome to my Fantasy Zone!"

Man, I need to play this game again.

Jasoco

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
Hahaha seriously?
Yep. It's a lot cheaper to buy a mould that will no longer be used than to engineer a new one from scratch. I mean the cost of the machinery alone... Then the research and development of the moulds...

Roto13

Osaka said:
There's also an Outrun level in Bayonetta. I didn't notice it until my roommate recognized the music.
There are a ton of those in Bayonetta. She does the Red Hot Kick from Viewtiful Joe and says "Flock off, feather face" ala Devil May Cry. There are a lot more, too.

qq more said:
Hah, wow.

Platy

I was researching the 1954 manga Princess Knight ... and suddenly i came across this picture from the 1967 anime adaptation

VT6eB.jpg

Just a coincidence or it looks A LOT like some green dude from a 1986 game ?

ReyVGM

Platy said:
I was researching the 1954 manga Princess Knight ... and suddenly i came across this picture from the 1967 anime adaptation

VT6eB.jpg

Just a coincidence or it looks A LOT like some green dude from a 1986 game ?

Well, it's an elf, so is Link. And don't they all look the same?

Cheerilee

Roto13 said:
Link isn't an elf. Go die.
http://au.ign64.ign.com/articles/061/061546p1.html

Q: Is Link human?

Miyamoto: No, he's an elf.

Q: Is Link's costume that of the Kokili?

Miyamoto: Yes it is. The Kokili all wear similar costumes.

Q: Is Link wearing a pair of culottes (a divided skirt)?

Miyamoto: This would be a cultural difference such that if you asked Link this question, he'd say "What's a skirt?" It's a regular jacket. He's wearing tights underneath (laughs).

paskowitz

SPOILERS!

That when I climbed up this mountain:
RandyAbbonizio_MtWashington5.jpg

Mount Washington NH

I drove by this hotel:
Mount-Washington-Hotel-Late_Afternoon.jpg

Mount Washington Hotel

Which was in this game:
ac-brotherhood-box-art.jpg

And I did not even realize it until yesterday. Fact.
The subject 16 memory puzzle things. All the flags were Abstergo symbol. What happened there is pretty cool though. Such crazy amounts of research went into this game.

Cheerilee

I got another one.

You know how the first printings of Ocarina of Time (gold carts, some grey carts) had red blood in the Gannon fight, but the second printing "censored it" and made it green?

Here's another Miyamoto interview from before the game was finished.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Interviews-1997-11-26-Famimaga-64-Shigeru-Miyamoto.php

Q: Will there be blood in the game?

Miyamoto: Blood? No, there won’t be blood. But there may be something else, like green body fluids. But that's pretty disgusting.
So maybe the red blood version was the censored one. Green blood is the Director's Cut.

Also
Q: Why are Link's ears long?

Miyamoto: Because he's an elf. This was decided from the beginning.

Chao

ruby_onix said:
http://au.ign64.ign.com/articles/061/061546p1.html

Q: Is Link human?

Miyamoto: No, he's an elf.

Q: Is Link's costume that of the Kokili?

Miyamoto: Yes it is. The Kokili all wear similar costumes.

Q: Is Link wearing a pair of culottes (a divided skirt)?

Miyamoto: This would be a cultural difference such that if you asked Link this question, he'd say "What's a skirt?" It's a regular jacket. He's wearing tights underneath (laughs).

No he's not.

He was probably an elf until they came up with "hylians" as the human race in the zelda universe. From then on, he is a hylian.

Zelda is pretty inconsistent and they change stuff from game to game if they feel like it. In the next one we could learn that Link is actually a goblin in disguise because Aonuma thought that would be hilarious, and that would be canon.

Big One

Banned
No matter what Miyamoto says, Link isn't an elf. But Hylians are pretty much elves so whatever, but all of the human-like races in the series (Sheikah, Hylian, Gerudo) are called "humans" in the games. So yeah, if you want to generalize, Link is a human.

Top Bottom