• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

ReyVGM

Emonga said:
ThatsRacist.gif

LOL

PKrockin

Wait wait wait.

elf   
[elf] Show IPA
–noun, plural elves  
[elvz] Show IPA
(in folklore) one of a class of preternatural beings, especially from mountainous regions, with magical powers, given to capricious and often mischievous interference in human affairs, and usually imagined to be a diminutive being in human form; sprite; fairy.

You'd think the Kokori would be the ones called elves. The Kokori are the supernatural long-lived green-clothed short fairy people, Hylians are just humans with long ears.

ReyVGM

Even if Link is not an elf anymore, his inspiration still came from the same place all modern long-eared, green garbed, pointy-hat, bow wielding characters come from: Lord of the Rings.

So it's no surprise Link and that green character from the pic above look so alike.

Platy

How about a non green non elf ?

eoMVN.jpg

GsiT1.jpg

And let me quote something
Dragon Ball Wiki said:
Link from The Legend of Zelda series shares several notable features with Tapion. Link from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time resembles Tapion the most. Both have a mystical blade and a mystical ocarina. They are also referred to as "Legendary Heroes", have pointy ears, lived in a (relatively) ancient time, and represent courage as well as time travel. However, the Japanese theatrical release of Wrath of the Dragon preceded the Japanese release of Ocarina of Time (the game in which Link prominently uses the Ocarina of Time) by a full three years.

I already knew that they were alike ... and i always knew that Ocarina of Time came before ....

This trick can be done in either 3DS Camera or 3DS Sound:
Hit 'Settings' then choose 'Interface Color'.
Now, grab the little square and flick it.

2. This trick can be done using the 3DS Camera app, so open that. Go to the 'Take Picture' mode and hit down on the d-pad. Yes, that's pretty useful.

taken from a thread on GBAtemp

civilstrife said:
This trick can be done in either 3DS Camera or 3DS Sound:
Hit 'Settings' then choose 'Interface Color'.
Now, grab the little square and flick it.

2. This trick can be done using the 3DS Camera app, so open that. Go to the 'Take Picture' mode and hit down on the d-pad. Yes, that's pretty useful.

taken from a thread on GBAtemp

For those of us without a 3DS, what does "this trick" do?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
fadetoblack said:
For those of us without a 3DS, what does "this trick" do?

First one bounces the colour square on the colour palette, randomly chosing a colour for your interface.

The second brings up a crosshair and balance bar that uses the gyroscope, that shifts whenever the system tilts. Its a tool to help get a balanced 3D shot, making sure the entire image is in focus.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Emonga said:
OEmk4.png

Harsh anti-piracy message in Pokémon FRLG.

"A piece of text in the game's code reads, "By the way, if you like this game, buy it or die." This text is actually an anti-piracy measure that can be activated by using a Seagallop Ferry when playing a dumped ROM of the game. Several ROM dumpers have verified that this was not inserted by a third party."

Hey, can I bring up one more of those music comparisons? Can I?

The final castle music in The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy for NES is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Dizzy (3:25)

Monty Python

To my knowledge, no other version of Dizzy uses that music (the game was widely ported).

I just picture some bored musician trying to figure out how to orchestrate the same tune as the others on the limited NES hardware, finally going "fuck it" and copying music from one of his favorite movies. :)

Tr4nce

Not a secret, but just something that only just today, after watching a Larry walkthrough on YT, I figured out. I was too young back then, I think.

Picture of the Bar:

21kaubs.png

Picture of the room next to the bar:

v60q2w.png

Tr4nce said:
Not a secret, but just something that only just today, after watching a Larry walkthrough on YT, I figured out. I was too young back then, I think.

Picture of the Bar:

21kaubs.png

v60q2w.png
Haha, I've never played the VGA remake but that's cool

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Welp, I suppose that changes my attitude of the music since I thought it was underwhelming at first.

oatmeal

Banned
Tr4nce said:

Picture of the Bar:

21kaubs.png

v60q2w.png

Durrr...what am I missing?

Top Bottom