• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

mclem

MrCookiepants said:
Not being able to see a dick when there is a tube shape with a knob on the end and two roundish things on either side means you lack imagination, yeah.

To be fair, I'm an artist so I've learned to visualize things from basic shapes. I guess it's just more difficult for some people.

Ceci n'est pas une dick.

MrCookiepants said:
Not being able to see a dick when there is a tube shape with a knob on the end and two roundish things on either side means you lack imagination, yeah.

To be fair, I'm an artist so I've learned to visualize things from basic shapes. I guess it's just more difficult for some people.
I too, am an artist, and I still can't see it no matter how many examples are given to me.

If anything it looks like a fan, you know the kind you cool yourself off with.

Or an "outie" belly button.

Maybe my imagination is broken!

pfffft bahaha

GATHER ROUND YOU NON-ARTIST TYPES AND I WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO INTERPRET EVEN THE MOST ORDINARY AND MUNDANE OF OBJECTS PHALLIC.
I'm now a fan of the phrase, "You non-artist types".

KittenMaster said:
Eh, neither. I was poking fun at the condescending tone behind 'Well of COURSE you don't see the penis on this children's video game character, because you're not an artist!'.

Astrosanity said:
Eh, neither. I was poking fun at the condescending tone behind 'Well of COURSE you don't see the penis on this children's video game character, because you're not an artist!'.
Yeah, I know. I plan on using it when utilizing sarcasm.

I'm in no position to be serious about looking down on YOU NON-ARTIST TYPES.

KittenMaster said:
Yeah, I know. I plan on using it when utilizing sarcasm.

I'm in no position to be serious about looking down on YOU NON-ARTIST TYPES.
oh god I misread 'now' in your original post as 'not' thus horribly misinterpreting what you originally meant. I was starting to worry my incredibly subtle and witty use of ALL CAPS whenever I'm not being 100% genuine was going over people's heads. My bad.

Astrosanity said:
oh god I misread 'now' in your original post as 'not' thus horribly misinterpreting what you eman. I was starting to worry my incredibly subtle and witty use of ALL CAPS whenever I'm not being 100% genuine was going over people's heads. My bad.
To be fair, he is an artist so he's learned to visualize things from basic shapes. It might just more difficult for some people.

Javier

I mentioned this in the FE 3DS thread, but it deserves to be here as well.

In the Japan-only Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (aka FE4 on the SNES), you can piece every chapter map together to get an (almost) full view of the continent. No other Fire Emblem does this.

y884q.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Awesomest said:
In Kirby 64, there is an ice level, a planet called Shiver Star. Shiver star is Earth in nuclear winter after a nuclear holocaust wipes out humanity. Those of you that have the game, notice:

- You can see silhouettes of the continents on the planet, along with the lone moon orbiting it
- There's a stray 'No Trespassing' sign in the level selection screen
- One of the levels in this world is an enormous shopping mall, and right after that level you go behind the mall into a huge factory, complete with genetic experimentation on bad guys in the background
- The boss in this world is a giant robot, fought with skyscrapers and everything in the background

So apparently humans did lots of consuming and corporations got lots of power and built huge war machines and ended life on Earth and sent it into an ice age. And then Kirby came and got some crystals and so on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqpeQMw3V4

Whoa. Awesome.

I remember coming up with a similar theory that Popstar is the world the Nintendo games take place on after the end, due to the fact in The Great Cave Offensive you find various Nintendo items in an underground labyrinth.

Kirk

Javier said:

In the Japan-only Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (aka FE4 on the SNES), you can piece every chapter map together to get an (almost) full view of the continent. No other Fire Emblem does this.

Wow...I've never played this game before, but that sure looks like Europe.

Peagles

KittenMaster said:
I too, am an artist, and I still can't see it no matter how many examples are given to me.

If anything it looks like a fan, you know the kind you cool yourself off with.

Or an "outie" belly button.

Maybe my imagination is broken!

I can only see it when they drew the pubes on. Even then it only kinda looks like from front on when you have an erection and push your cock down to point at the floor...

Lol, I had actually have a friend who is trained as an illustrator who used to say stuff about non-creative types whenever I disagreed with him. Thank god I managed to convince him that it was a bad idea and would probably end our friendship, and he stopped.

EmSeta

Javier said:

y884q.jpg
Looks a little like Europe.

MrCookiepants said:

LOL

I just... You have to be an artist to see dicks on everything...

Oh god I'm dying

MNC

MrMan2k3 said:
So everyone remembers the three-headed monkey from The Secret of Monkey Island, right?

Observe the way it eats a banana:

VKgS1.gif

Now check out the way Cerberus consumes a demon in this old Disney Silly Symphony (Hell's Bells):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1gNlhUcAY&feature=player_detailpage#t=276s

Seems to me that this Disney short was a clear inspiration for the three-headed monkey.
While that is quite the find (and although I think it's a coincidence the interpretation of 3 heads eating a single thing was the same) you should look behind you!

Also Kirby 64 has the best power system ever.

MrCookiepants said:

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about visualizing penises (I'm an expert), but..."

Javier said:

y884q.jpg

This is really old and not surprising because the castle you start in is the last castle you took over in the previous chapter except for a few areas.

Myriadis

I think we all know that the three Goddess Statues in the Triangle Islands in Wind Waker form indeed a triangle when you put a stone in each of the statues.
However, when you connect these isles with a line and then do the same with the bigger isles (Dragon Roost, Forest haven, Windfish Isle), you get the triforce symbol.

-----

While we're at it, the three statues of the goddesses (before you free them) are a reference to Pikmin. Every statue has a characteristic that no other statue has.
- Din's Statue has a nose

- Nayru's statue has a mouth

- Farore's statue has ears.

And that's similar to the different Pikmin.Each Pikmin has a feature that the others don't have. Red Pikmin have noses, Blue Pikmin have mouths, and Yellow Pikmin have ears.

Roto13

Rare had a bunch of ideas like that. In Perfect Dark you were going to be able to use the Transfer Pak (or whatever that game boy cartridge reading accessory for N64 controllers was called) with a Game Boy CAmera to take a picture of your face and map it to a multiplayer character.

Roto13 said:
Rare had a bunch of ideas like that. In Perfect Dark you were going to be able to use the Transfer Pak (or whatever that game boy cartridge reading accessory for N64 controllers was called) with a Game Boy CAmera to take a picture of your face and map it to a multiplayer character.

Oh and Stop N' Swop! Don't forget that one!

BTW, this

Myriadis said:
While we're at it, the three statues of the goddesses (before you free them) are a reference to Pikmin. Every statue has a characteristic that no other statue has.
- Din's Statue has a nose

- Nayru's statue has a mouth

- Farore's statue has ears.

And that's similar to the different Pikmin.Each Pikmin has a feature that the others don't have. Red Pikmin have noses, Blue Pikmin have mouths, and Yellow Pikmin have ears.

is awesome! I knew about the Triforce shape for the isles, but I never noticed this reference! The colours of the Pikmin/Goddesses even match up perfectly! (pretend Farore is meant to be yellow here!)

Ydahs said:
The eyes are blue. Looks like they do match up.

Oh wow I didn't even notice that! The Farore statue has yellow eyes, instead of green! (while Din's eyes are red and Naryu's eyes are blue as you would expect)

stat3ckc9.png

NICE!!!

Mature said:
Annnnd what's the shocking part?
For those who actually listen to the Silent Hill OSTs might get a kick out of it, obviously. It only just occurred to me that the VA for Kusanagi and the singer of the OST tracks sounded eerily familiar.

Top Bottom