• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

kai3345

Banned
MrCookiepants said:
I don't have anything meaningful to contribute to this thread, but the shell on Oshawott's belly looks like a cock and balls.

oshawott.png

Take that as you will.
no?

wiibomb said:
??? now I´m kinda confused, I thought it was made from claws...
Why claws? Claws don't relate to the game's story at all... I suppose the shadowy enemies kinda have claws...

I'm amazed how many people didn't notice that the letters were made up of horns... the boy's horns are a crucial part of the story, and even if you didn't know that, the horn design is extremely obvious in the letters...

Rufus

I see it, but not in a way that makes the seashell disappear. The middle bit is the penis, the sides are the balls. Imagine it pressed down in-between them.

...WTF am I even talking about, here?

ryan13ts

Diablohead said:
Every time Resi 1.5 is brought up I want to play it :(

You and me both. I honestly would give up my left kidney just to have a chance to play that game. The holy grail of video games as far as I'm concerned.

EmCeeGramr said:
There are actually three different Peter Molyneuxs. These entities, the Molynidae, represent each aspect of Molyneux, and have their own associated cult practices.

-Molyneux Innovator, to whom offerings of ale are poured
-Molyneux Scatologica, to whom a festival is held each in year in honor of the baser products of the human body, and the humor derived from them
-Molyneux Fabricator, who is not so much worshiped as invoked in oaths (ex. "As the Fabricator weaves untruths so do I tell what is truthful")

According to the traditional myth-cycle, the Molynidae live on an island to the East, covered in oak trees, where natives wear beards braided with golden threads, practice ritual scarification, and raise mighty hounds.
Hadn't heard this before, truly fascinating

NoRéN

MrCookiepants said:
I don't have anything meaningful to contribute to this thread, but the shell on Oshawott's belly looks like a cock and balls.

Take that as you will.
You've been sucking on some weird looking genitalia.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Gravijah said:
Could it be that they are palette swapped versions of the Nabooru/Iron Knuckle fight? Though them being Gerudos period makes sense.

The ones in Ganon Castle, probably, but what about the first one?

Luigi87

Was it mentioned somewhere in the thread that Roll Casket's grandfather is named Barrel, therefore together they are Barrel, Roll?

Gravijah

Luigi87 said:
Was it mentioned somewhere in the thread that Roll Casket's grandfather is named Barrel, therefore together they are Barrel, Roll?

My joke in the Star Fox thread reminded you of that, didn't it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Iron Knuckle thing is interesting because I believe the 3DS version has the Gerudo inside of the Iron Knuckle's as well, despite having remixed graphics.

Furthermore, the 3DS version also make the Iron Knuckle's curves once its armor falls off a bit more obvious, and I think it wouldn't be too unlikely that the Iron Knuckles are Gerudo wearing armor.

Peagles said:
The look scared me too! The eyes just say "oh godddddddd I'm in terrible pain but cannot scream for some reason!"
Which is exactly how Nabooru looks like when she is defeated as a mini boss.

My guess is they just used the same model for every Iron Knuckle.

Though them being Gerudos would not only make perfect sense it would also fit the kind of creepy mood of Ocarina of Time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just checked in the 3DS version and while they don't have the face, they do have the neckline with tan-coloured skin and a red jewel.

It's then that I realized that Iron Knuckles armors actually look like they are made to be worn by females. (Curves and all, you can clearly see that they indeed have breasts, though that might be only noticeable in the 3DS version.)

oracrest

Pyccko said:
Did a quick search and didn't find anything, so I'm probably just dumb for never noticing, but I was watching the QL of Ico/SotC and my mind was shattered.

vspdle.png

The Ico logo is made out of horns. WHAT IS THIS.

Awesome :)

CassSept

robut said:
Watched Conan, this is prolly old but the song from the Twighlight Princess reveal is from it and also the helmet of a dude at the start http://www.gemakei.com/forums/index.php?topic=45920.0
I remember they did something like that before, so when Conan music started playing during E3 conference some people instantly knew it's a new Zelda reveal.

It was either in one of first trailers or commercials of OoT/TWW, though I can't really remember exactly which one it was (and yt on my laptop is freaking out so I can't search for it now).

Gravijah said:
Could it be that they are palette swapped versions of the Nabooru/Iron Knuckle fight? Though them being Gerudos period makes sense.

It probably is, but where do you think the Iron Knuckles came from? ;)

Now, just imagine if the Iron Knuckles in Twilight Princess were also found to house the Gerudo model/texture...

Top Bottom