• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

NotWii

Banned
ruby_onix said:
Hmmm... a little bit of eraser and...
21kx8oj.png
w0jsy1.gif

Agahnim and Beetle Bailey, separated at birth?
I always thought his head looked like Porky's
Porky%20Faces%20Colored.png

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pizza Luigi said:
As we all know, Koji Kondo likes to steal or borrow some pieces of music from other artists. I don't care, but it's fun to find more examples. Two here today:

Bill Evans Trio - Someday my Prince Will Come

the first chords...hey isn't that

Yes it is....

I love this piece of music which is played here by the legendary Tommy Emmanuel. I mean the second part of the song, Lady Madonna. What do we hear there?

Tommy Emmanuel - Day Tripper/Lady Madonna (the important part is after 1:30)

wait, isn't that...oh you sneaky bastard!

He did it again indeed!!

I think you're stretching JUST a bit... this isn't like Kohler's Godspell/Jesus Christ Super Star thing.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Drkirby said:
Many N64 games used a Memory Chip for the Save that didn't need a battery, like most GBA games. I guess it was cheaper somehow to use a battery backup for Zelda though.
If you ask me that's a mind-blown right there.

Hey guys,

I've upload yet another golden oldie from the NES era. Part of a 1988 Episode of "Incredible Sunday". It featured a Nintendo contest. Competing were three boys from the Midwest in games produced by Nintendo:

-Super Mario Bros. 2
-Ice Hockey
-Rad Racer

The winner took home a U.S. National Video Team jacket.

I dunno if its fact but this seems to be where the idea come about for Nintendo to host
a few more Nintendo game competitions in the later years.

Hope you enjoy watching ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmiFqb1Il2Y&feature=channel_page#movie_player

IN.jpg

spats

Photo269.jpg

Sheik_Yerbouti.jpg

Anyone here listen to Frank Zappa? This both blew my mind and made me LOL.

Quoting from Wikipedia: "the name, meant to resemble an Arabic transcription, is pronounced like the title of KC and the Sunshine Band's 1976 disco hit "Shake Your Booty"."

The game is Sacred 2, by the way.

epmode

Haunted said:
No? Doesn't all of the research that obviously went into the game convince you that they'd be aware of the implication? This sort of thing has been done far too often for it to be accidental.

Jasoco

Banned
Grooveraider said:
Hey guys,

I've upload yet another golden oldie from the NES era. Part of a 1988 Episode of "Incredible Sunday". It featured a Nintendo contest. Competing were three boys from the Midwest in games produced by Nintendo:

-Super Mario Bros. 2
-Ice Hockey
-Rad Racer

The winner took home a U.S. National Video Team jacket.

I dunno if its fact but this seems to be where the idea come about for Nintendo to host
a few more Nintendo game competitions in the later years.

Hope you enjoy watching ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmiFqb1Il2Y&feature=channel_page#movie_player

IN.jpg
Totally awesome. Reminds me of The Wizard. But with a much lower budget for the stage. Also, no SUUUPEEERRRR MAAARRRIOOOOO BRROOOOOTHEEEERRRSSS THREEEEEEEE!!!!

Also, RAAAAAAD RAACERRRRRR!!!! If I were them I'd have changed the music right away to the Strong Bad 20x6 theme.

faceless007 said:
Found this one out recently.
120891-bigthumbnail.jpg

Michelle Forbes, the actress who played the most evil maenad ever in True Blood last season, was also the voice of:

drmossman_full.jpg

Judith Mossman in Half-Life 2.

I just played through Half Life 2 last week for the first time.... I KNEW that voice sounded familiar!!!

probably also why I suspected her from the beginning :lol :lol

Holepunch

Pizza Luigi said:
As we all know, Koji Kondo likes to steal or borrow some pieces of music from other artists. I don't care, but it's fun to find more examples. Two here today:

Bill Evans Trio - Someday my Prince Will Come

the first chords...hey isn't that

Yes it is....

I love this piece of music which is played here by the legendary Tommy Emmanuel. I mean the second part of the song, Lady Madonna. What do we hear there?

Tommy Emmanuel - Day Tripper/Lady Madonna (the important part is after 1:30)

wait, isn't that...oh you sneaky bastard!

He did it again indeed!!

I'll admit I didn't get the first one until after clicking the second link, but to be fair Super Mario Galaxy's music hasn't been burned into my head since childhood.

But the second one, dead ringer. Almost instantly knew it was Dr. Mario's Fever. But even knowing the opening few notes, it goes on to play the whole damn song. Its a straight ripoff, no question.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PIMPBYBLUD said:
you knew about CAPsule COMputer, but there is also CAPtain COMmando

Hell might be old but I tried to contribute.
Yep, Captain Commando was Capcom's mascot for a bit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Eteric Rice said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrckR66lk

Read the description.

If this is true than OH MY GOD.
Then in this trailer is shown the original ending of the serie,with and adult Misty and a child that is probably Ash/Misty's daughter.Ash is not present,probably still following his destiny as a champion of the league in distand lands....leaving Misty and their daughter alone looking at the sky.
I got a different impression, Ash not being present and Pikachu alone meeting with the girl makes it seems that he was supposed to die for real at that part of the movie (I doubt they would really do that, of course).

AlternativeUlster said:
Has anyone talked about those missing parts of Legend of the Mystical Ninja that were in the manual but not in the game?
Speaking of which, not really mind blowing, the Ebisumaru character is directly inspired from game producer Etsunobu Ebisu.
I can't find a good pic but the guy was in game center CX and the resemblance is striking.

Dragmire

Zerokku said:
Yes, which I think is the whole joke.
Oh........
DavidDayton said:
If you set those up in a different order, so that the X was slowly rotating, it would be more impressive...

Or, this:

j08d9t.gif

It's the circle of X buttons!

(It's too bad they don't make a circle when arranged chronologically, though.)
I made it into one controller for you. :D
Xcontroller.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Dragmire said:
Isn't Agahmim supposed to look more like this?
Agahnim.jpg

I also used this video for reference.
Whoa...now that you made it it seems so clear, but I've always thought it was the "hair over the eyes" model, not the hooded wizard model.

FUUUUUUUUUU

Dragmire

MNC said:
Too many Xbox parts. Pick the GC controller as a template and you got it right :D
You may be right... but that would require starting over again. :p
I've smallened it and I think it looks better now.
Xcontrollersm.jpg

Top Bottom