• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogamer.com 17 min playthrough of Rambo Video Game

Oersted

The hell? The game is published by Reef Entertainment (European producer for a bunch of Rebellion's old stuff, like Snipe Elite and Rogue Trooper) and the developer is Teyon in Krakow, a team that has 30-some games under its belt (no big ones, and almost all are European releases, but you could find one or two of its titles on a store shelf.)

Huh. The interview was than misleading phrased. Or I fucked it up. Thanks regardless.

Epcott

Ha ha Hoooooooly Shit

Rambo: The Time Crisis: Second Blood: The Video Game.

Man, this game looks so bad its brilliant!

They try to mock this game in the video, but actually it looks kinda fun for some coop play.

They laughed at the game for the same reason anyone would: this game looks pretty atrocious and its surprising that an existing franchise's name is attached to it. They could've called it "Shawn Gambo" and it'll be a silly fun game but its John motherfucking Rambo. However, by the end of the video you can tell that they enjoyed it quite a lot no matter how shitty the game is. Its a very non-serious game based on a very serious role.

drbond

Neo Member
Hahaha, please tell me this supports PS Move.

It does for the PS3 version.
271496b.jpg

This game might be really fun for some dumb-fun via couch coop (one person in charge of using cover is already hilarious as-is). Ghost Squad Wii, House of the Dead Overkill Wii/PS3, and maybe now Rambo when you and friends get together for some gaming. Some of the trophies/achievments for the game are too good to not trophy whore for ("Your Worst Nightmare").

The $39.99 budge price for an on-rails last-gen shooter isn't terrible, though I'd rather bite at $29. It's a shame that we never got the Sega developed Rambo Arcade light gun game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If it's possible to mod Wii Remote pointer controls on PC I'm in :D

I don't like the PS Move for lightgun shooters, so no ps3 sku for me

Question: why does Rambo look like a dwarf with too much hairspray on?

Those rails have been there since the first gameplay trailers, that's why I have no idea why some people were so excited about this.

I never thought people were excited, I thought people were only making fun of the trailers. It was pretty clear it was an on rails shooter with some quick time events.

How did they not know it was a light gun game before recording the video? Look at the back of the fucking box or something, guys.

I agree, especially coming from someone who is going to review the game for their magazine or website.

But then now many game reviewers take themselves seriously it seems, long as they get free games right?

Am I blinkered in my memory that I only liked Virtua Cop 2 because that was the first light-gun game I played at home, or because it was genuinely good?

I'll never forget the "DON'T SHOOT ME!...NOOOO!" voice.

Far Cry 2/3 are the best Rambo games ever made. Think about it. Not story-wise, but what you could do in the game. Ride on rafts, sneaking up on people from underwater, knife everyone, best bow and arrow system, and choosing what time of day to attack outposts.

I never thought people were excited, I thought people were only making fun of the trailers. It was pretty clear it was an on rails shooter with some quick time events.

I had no idea, i assumed it was going to be akin to Far Cry 2 or something.

Those rails have been there since the first gameplay trailers, that's why I have no idea why some people were so excited about this.

It still doesn't dampen my enthusiasm, it's RAMBO. I have played worse games before (the Arcade game that came out a few years ago was a bit wacky). I have played worse looking games on console (Terminator: Dawn of fate) that had shonky controls, bad graphics and dodgy camera angles and i still loved it.

Top Bottom