• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videos To Watch While Tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

samratty

Haven't really done any pyschedelics in a long time but here's some suggestions of things I've watched while coming up/tripping/coming down.
- Koyaanisqatsi
- Lucifer Rising
- The Invocation of My Demon Brother
- Fantastic Planet
- Jan Svankmajer's Alice
- Stalker
- Perfect Hair Forever
- Terry Gilliam's movies

Sorry, no youtube links. Too lazy. Definitely skim through them sober just in case.

EzLink

Banned
subscirbed because this thread is fucking awesome

malice in wonderland fucked me up real good. shit, that was messed up

klausbert

Watch Baby Snakes by Frank Zappa. Awesome mix of videos of the band interacting, clay animation and great concert footage.
Also, i found watching Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock in HD while tripping very nice, but then on the other hand i always find it nice.

Aesius

My g/f and I tripped shrooms about a month ago and watched MilkDrop (Winamp visualization plug-in) on my HDTV set to Beatles albums.

Fucking amazing experience.

If you're looking for something a little more substantial than youtube videos or visualizations, check out Equilibrium.

2h8cuo0.jpg

Its like the Matrix(came out before it) set in the world of 1984, with Christian Bale as Neo. The visuals are great for some shrooms,
but its fucking awesome sober as well.

-

Aesius said:
My g/f and I tripped shrooms about a month ago and watched MilkDrop (Winamp visualization plug-in) on my HDTV set to Beatles albums.

Fucking amazing experience.

Fkn this. MilkDrop is the best visualisation set out there.

way more

You shouldn't be watching videos while tripping. You should be out there, experiencing life. Kiss a girl you don't know, eat gas station nachos, try to lift a police car but don't just sit in front of the TV.

whitehawk

Banned
rezuth said:
Flashback

You will shit bricks.
Dude I'm sober and I shit bricks. Is this what ACID is actually like? Or a flashback? If so, thank god I don't do hard drugs. Staying away from that, LSD scares the shit out of me and I've never done it.

EzLink

Banned
pizzaguysrevenge said:
Anything starring this guy.

sponge_bob.jpg

http://www.bigvidpro.com/?v=GB9i7QCKaffyKUOgKcNZnw

Marijuana + Spongebob = Me nearly dying of laughter.

I fully, 100% endorse this. In fact, you are missing the fuck out if you are a weed smoker and have never watched spongebob high

Its honestly my favorite thing to do stoned. There have been plenty of times I've had plans for what I would do after smoking, but then I'm high and see Spongebob is on and I immediately forgo whatever else I had planned. It's just that fucking amazing

My favorite moment happened a few weeks ago. It was an episode I hadn't seen. Spongebob and Patrick were eating icecream, and Patrick was eating it with his face

Spongebob: "Um, Patrick, you have ice cream on your eyebrows"
Patrick: "Yeah thats the problem with this brand"

I just couldn't stop laughing :lol

IM NOT FUCKING JOKING WEED GAF, IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED SPONGEBOB HIGH YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON ONE OF LIFES GREATEST PLEASURES!

Also whenever I watch it high I easily see the theory I read about that every character on spongebob is on a different drug

Spongebob-Ecstascy (super hyper and outgoing)
Patrick- Marijuana (stupid, forgetful, and eats a lot)
Squidward- Downers (calm and grouchey)
Sandy- Amphetamines (always focused and high energy)
Mr. Krabs- Heroin (represented by his absolute obsession with money)

So so awesome. It's seriously like they created the show with the entention of providing something high quality to watch on drugs. I'm sure it would also be amazing on lsd or shrooms or whatever. Superb animations, zany yet smart humor, great voice work

Goddamn what a brilliant cartoon

pakkit

Banned
Tim and Eric, and most of Adult Swim, fails because it's trying too hard to cater to it's audience. That channel is barely viewable unless you're high, drunk, or tripping.

That said, Courage the Cowardly Dog is my favorite cartoon and it's doubly awesome when high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom